WvW community right now...

@"Blocki.4931" said:What do you expect? "Btw alliances in 2 weeks"? The fact it was publicly mentioned should be enough.

It wasnt publicly announced thought, they just said WvW changes coming, discussion in a couple of months, its been years already, how much more discussions are needed, WvW players will be completely let down and disappointed with that today, WvW going to really suffer hard now.

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

@"Blocki.4931" said:What do you expect? "Btw alliances in 2 weeks"? The fact it was publicly mentioned should be enough.

I mean 1 sentence of wordswhile there's trailors for 1day pve content

F

What else is there to say? want him to explain the system we all know and understand already on stage? Nope, THAT is not their audience. Just because it would satisfy the 5 grumpy old men on the forums doesn't mean it would be a smart thing to do.

ANd if you really think the releases are only worth 1 day of playing you need to get your eyes checked. That was true in Season 2. I recommend you actually play the game.

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:What do you expect? "Btw alliances in 2 weeks"? The fact it was publicly mentioned should be enough.

F

What else is there to say? want him to explain the system we all know and understand already on stage? Nope, THAT is not their audience. Just because it would satisfy the 5 grumpy old men on the forums doesn't mean it would be a smart thing to do.

ANd if you really think the releases are only worth 1 day of playing you need to get your eyes checked. That was true in Season 2. I recommend you actually play the game.

Like I said, more then just a sentence would be enough,

and yes pve from living world is rather boring compared to HoT, it's mainly meta's and the only reason I sticked longer on "istan" and "kourna" were the meta's for easy gold. I liked dragonfall as a map..but that's it

@gebrechen.5643 said:I'm not sure if I'm amused or should be crying. But imagine you are a competitor in the mmorpg market and have the best engine for open world realm vs. realm and a huge playerbase and all you do is release short pve story pieces regulary instead of using your advantages over other games.

There's no other games to compete and no financial pinch hard enough to get their attention.

@primatos.5413 said:Neeeed Build Templates und lag free WvW with alliances thing. kkthxbb

Build templates are just going to kill GW2's non-casual friendly PvP game modes even more. The balance for this game is bad. Extremely steep learning curve with no tutorials. It will be nice for the roamers who live to grief (which is half the non zerg population now a days). It will be fun to grief those NPCs because no one is going to be playing.

@Tinnel.4369 said:

@gebrechen.5643 said:I'm not sure if I'm amused or should be crying. But imagine you are a competitor in the mmorpg market and have the best engine for open world realm vs. realm and a huge playerbase and all you do is release short pve story pieces regulary instead of using your advantages over other games.

There's no other games to compete and no financial pinch hard enough to get their attention.

Very well said.

@DAN.7314 said:

@primatos.5413 said:Neeeed Build Templates und lag free WvW with alliances thing. kkthxbb

Build templates are just going to kill GW2's non-casual friendly PvP game modes even more. The balance for this game is bad. Extremely steep learning curve with no tutorials. It will be nice for the roamers who live to grief (which is half the non zerg population now a days). It will be fun to grief those NPCs because no one is going to be playing.

Roaming declined for a lot of reasons including but not limited to:

• Mounts: This is huge. It lets everyone choose their fights, run from engagements unless they feel they can win. Most players won't engage until they outnumber their opponents now. This makes it really boring for roamers when the exciting part of roaming (pvp combat) always runs away. I've seen people run from me 1v2, then come back 1v4 and run me over. Considering I've usually run halfway across the map at that point, I just can't be bothered to do it again, and just log out.
  • Class balance: In the past, it used to be that an average well-rounded build might be unfavoured in a roaming 1v1 fight, but still stood a chance. These days, the zerg builds and roaming builds are so polarized that a roamer will always win a 1v1 vs a zerg build, so the zerg builds don't stop to fight (see the above point). Likewise, zerg builds are so effective at what they do, a roamer is never going to be able to touch someone in a comped group unless they also find a group and comp up.
  • Marked: A minor point, but this hurts thief mostly, who make up a larger % of roamers. It's pretty hard to play when 1/3+ of a map prevents you from using your main mechanic.

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:What do you expect? "Btw alliances in 2 weeks"? The fact it was publicly mentioned should be enough.

F

No the new releases, or the newly released maps are only good for about a month of playing. This is roughly the time frame on average these maps remain populated for someone who wants to complete achievements, can do so. After that month's up and people have gone back to doing dailies and logging off, or running a meta train, and logging off, attempting to actually complete achievements on these maps becomes extremely difficult. The LFG function for this has proven to be next to useless in finding players to help with completion.

It's clear to me anyway their focus is trying to get new people to the game, not so much the current PvE'ers here, and certain not the PvP or WvW population. I don't believe this is a smart move in a 7 year old game to focus on acquiring new player directly. I think Anet would have better luck creating a better experience for current players so word of mouth or recommendations bring new players to the game. They are going to do this by Not focusing on PvE as an end game, but on PvP and WvW instead. PvE endgame isn't sustainable, and we see this by the lack of interest in maps after a month's time.

Imma step in it here, but at this point, does it matter?

I never liked the idea of the alliance structure. I said it a long time ago on the old forums, drop the low pop servers, give the citizens a 1x free xfer. And many, many others agreed.

Think about it. JUST THINK. If this easy(ier) concept had gone through 3 years ago, would we be at this point now, where we get nothing at all but more words that something is coming soon? We're discussing this in our FB group too atm, btw.

Think about it... If this and some1x per month consistent events happened (i.e., no downstate/double xp for 1 week per month), would we be at this point? I don't believe we would be at all, but that's my opinion, and has been my opinion since before these new forums.

So for me, too, a WvW player from launch, this is just another punch in the gut, and now it just feels insulting. Then again, my own fault for hoping against hope. And the video in the OP makes me sad (I passed disappointment long ago).