[Merged] Feedback about today's Icebrood Saga announcement

More Ice. More Fire. Nothing New.

No UW mounts. No UW anything. Boring, redundant masteries. More Icebrood, more warring Charr, more years waiting for UW content after waiting years already. Literally nothing new and unexpected. Just more of the same.

More Braham and Rytlock because we didn't get enough of those two characters already. More on Norn Spirits and Charr legions because we didn't already cover that since GW 2 vanilla and even GW 1. They spent most of the event talking about content already in the game and fashion merchandise.

It was depressing enough this whole year going LW episode to episode with scarce content, but the only thing keeping me interested was the hope that it was stretching time for LW 5 and expansion 3. I thought they were working on something new and game-changing. Now it's revealed that we are getting just more of that. Long waits between thin episodes and nothing to look forward to.

So disappointing.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Live stream was a voiced version of the episode announcement page. Wth Anet, you didnt really give us anything new we didnt already expect. The Builds system coming up, and the Strikes. That was pretty much the only real content of the stream. The rest was "Look at what you can buy!"

Stuff I expected (especially after seeing the twitch countdown screen)norn focusbad guys: sons of svanir, icebrood, jormag (another dragon baddie? boooo!)new line of masteriesfrozen north

UnexpectedFree HoT if you own/buy PoF (free swag if you already own HoT)charr focusCharr Heavy Metal Bandcharr homelandpug'able strike missionsfunko minipet

Prologue is Sept 17 but when will the LW actually start.

Interesting org slip: 4 content teams?And remember folks, its not a season, its a SAGA (that guy was a bit full of it).

So the announcement was interesting. Some clues in the lead-up were confirmed, and various content additions that were announced months ago have also been discussed, but no timelines given.

I am not much of a lore junkie, but the story details were interesting and I will keep my fingers crossed for the quality of the content. But ...

I have to say I find myself bitterly disappointed that WvW restructuring / Alliances discussion was actively avoided, and limited to less than 2 seconds. This leaves a very sour taste in my mouth as a dedicated WvW player.

any UW content would be a fiasco.UW content is one is overhyped things that exists only on forums. last time Anet heard these ideas them come out the repeatable Hearts in LS3, thats in practice no one liked it. just because a vocal minority in forums was saying for years that repeatable heart content was a good idea.

@"Kallist.5917" said:That Live stream was a voiced version of the episode announcement page. Wth Anet, you didnt really give us anything new we didnt already expect. The Builds system coming up, and the Strikes. That was pretty much the only real content of the stream. The rest was "Look at what you can buy!"

And how are strikes different than bounties? lmao

@"Blocki.4931" said:I like that they changed it from season to saga, because season in our minds is the full map release, while saga will expand on it further. Cool idea. The new map looks and sounds awesome, the features they announced sound good too.

I would have reversed the two. In literature, the Fellowship of the Ring is a story, a "season" but the 3 book LoTR series is a SAGA. Sagas are bigger than seasons to me.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

@"Kallist.5917" said:That Live stream was a voiced version of the episode announcement page. Wth Anet, you didnt really give us anything new we didnt already expect. The Builds system coming up, and the Strikes. That was pretty much the only real content of the stream. The rest was "Look at what you can buy!"

Instanced content, with a groupfinder. 10 man mechanics. You clearly didn't understand what was said.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

Apart from the fact that they're instanced and restricted to 10 man I'm not sure. Are they just bounties 2.0? What's the reward structure around these? How will they incentivise people to do them?

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

Right? Its Bounties with a player cap. Cool. Really exciting.When I think "Typically reserved for expansions" you know what I dont think? Masteries. Thats pretty lame. I think more of Elite specs. Guild Halls. Major new mechanics. Masteries though? We've been getting those with every season since HoT.

@EmmetOtter.8542 said:

@"Blocki.4931" said:I like that they changed it from season to saga, because season in our minds is the full map release, while saga will expand on it further. Cool idea. The new map looks and sounds awesome, the features they announced sound good too.

I would have reversed the two. In literature, the Fellowship of the Ring is a story, a "season" but the 3 book LoTR series is a SAGA. Sagas are bigger than seasons to me.

Each individual episode will be bigger because they're built upon instead of just "one and done" type of content. We also don't know how long it will be. Since this is just the PROLOGUE with all the features of a full previous episode. That next part doesn't have to be 3 months into the future either.

I wish it was a joke. I already said in another thread.. but i will repeat it anywayThey spit in the face of vets who paid 60 euros for exp and now they gave it for free... I bet it's cuz they see game is lacking in players big time so they wanna give them it so they'd stay and play.... but that's just gonna make vets mad and leave, utter disrespect...They give vets some ugly glider, like.... why'd i even bother with glider 90% of the time when I can use a mount....They give us some armor unlock that's useless to most and a title most won't even use....Most mmos come with build templates, yet Anet gives it after 7 years......

There has to be people who came from different states, literally paying tickets there and back and probably hotel stay over night... for what ? THIS.I'd definitely be furious if I did it just to be told 1st expansion is going to be free...They pay some cringey guy to host it, he yelled my ears off trying to create hype about something they know is going to piss off mostI also said in another thread that I've witnessed all their hypes in 7 years and I've learnt my lesson. I love being right. I just wish people would understand that it always was like it and always will be and not to expect much.It was probably hype for f2p accounts, they get things to do.. as for fevs... absolutely nothing.

also how many mistakes they had, it's unbelievable ... they don't know their own game.

@Blocki.4931 said:

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

Instanced content, with a groupfinder. 10 man mechanics. You clearly didn't understand what was said.

This is actually something that is good.