Shield rework/Herald refocus

Thornwolf.9721

@DonArkanio.6419 said:

@"Aeolus.3615" said:Herald also has a trait to provide boost to regen, I’m not full cleric but have some mixed since I’m a pleb hehehe, if I was full cleric on wvw would provide arround 1.1k or close to passive healing with heral healing facet passive in future I might try full cleric actually, Stack rune of the monk, sigil to boost output of healing.

The point of herald ventari is to take some pressure off the firebrands and catch’s spikes where firebrand can’t reach with the big heals.I played gvg on gw1 as a monk so this genra of support is preferred to me, and I love do e-management rather than play spambuils based.

Imo is a very underrated support bUild, dome to cut blockable range atacks on ally target, condi removal, mix some jalis hammer revs and u have a decent support to take some burden of the fb, my guild has been using this set up for a year and we manage to play really nice.

With all this much healing, it is understandable why shield 5 is personal defense, but... the root it’s a huge burden due how game works and behaves... shield 5 needs to be team wide.

Since shield is herald and herald is facets base mayyyyybe heral could have been reworked to facet style???

I wonder. Maaaaybe Herald and Renegade could use a rework? :disappointed:I know it sounds silly but acutally, I wouldn't mind.

Imagine Herald + Shield and Renegade + Shortbow getting a rework. Like a perfect rework, without keeping their "identity (they don't have any)".

Wet dreams ?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@DonArkanio.6419 said:

@"Aeolus.3615" said:Herald also has a trait to provide boost to regen, I’m not full cleric but have some mixed since I’m a pleb hehehe, if I was full cleric on wvw would provide arround 1.1k or close to passive healing with heral healing facet passive in future I might try full cleric actually, Stack rune of the monk, sigil to boost output of healing.

The point of herald ventari is to take some pressure off the firebrands and catch’s spikes where firebrand can’t reach with the big heals.I played gvg on gw1 as a monk so this genra of support is preferred to me, and I love do e-management rather than play spambuils based.

Imo is a very underrated support bUild, dome to cut blockable range atacks on ally target, condi removal, mix some jalis hammer revs and u have a decent support to take some burden of the fb, my guild has been using this set up for a year and we manage to play really nice.

With all this much healing, it is understandable why shield 5 is personal defense, but... the root it’s a huge burden due how game works and behaves... shield 5 needs to be team wide.

Since shield is herald and herald is facets base mayyyyybe heral could have been reworked to facet style???

I wonder. Maaaaybe Herald and Renegade could use a rework? :disappointed:I know it sounds silly but acutally, I wouldn't mind.

Imagine Herald + Shield and Renegade + Shortbow getting a rework. Like a perfect rework, without keeping their "identity (they don't have any)".

Maybe more dragon and crystals feeling and renegade more warband that doesn’t envolve getting ghosts killed

• 3 weeks later...

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

@Knighthonor.4061 said:kitten I am stuck between buying Legendary Sword and Legendary Shield. Bolt is lame to me, but the Legendary T1 Shield looks so good, but shields suck so bad on Revenant. I would never use it. stuck in a bind here people

FSP all the way! Bolt is fuhgly but the draw sound effect is an edgelord's wet dream.

the only reason I like bolt is because its like a sword version of Mjonir from norse mythology~

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

FSP all the way! Bolt is fuhgly but the draw sound effect is an edgelord's wet dream.

Bolt doesn't look good but the visual and acoustic effects are top notch. Flameseeker on the other hand is perfect, but in Rev remains useless. I have both and I'm now working towards the Shinning Blade, so I'll get the good looking sword on top of having the Bolt effects...

• 1 month later...

I like having a unique weapon.

So here some suggestions.

Shield 4 Envoy of Exuberance need a cooldown reduction. Make this more frequently used since there is no main hand support weapon anyway. Cool down on this should be greatly reduced. no reason this should be 15 seconds recharge.

Skill 5 has potential to be very creative if changed a bit.

Skill 5 Crystal Hibernation should be made into a chain skill as well as a AoE Support defense skill.

Has 3 seconds of duration, I would like the first channel skill to also pulse Aegis to nearby allies, but to keep this balanced, you still cant move, so allies need to stay near you for this.

Second chain skill consumes the Shield exploding, knocking back enemies and healing allies nearby and granting fury or retaliation ( two boons that synergize with other specializations in the class)

Now this weapon becomes both a Support, and bunker weapon depending on how you build your stats.