Free HoT with Path of Fire Standard purchase question

@Angus.5961 said:Will I still get the free HoT expansion if I purchase PoF from Amazon?I am assuming yes since it's an authorized retailer, but I want to make sure before buying it.

They didn't specify in the stream. In your shoes, I'd simply wait a few days to see what happens.Alternatively, you could buy from Amazon and then submit a ticket to support if you didn't get upgraded, showing that your purchased after the announcement.

Hi there! I bought GW2: PoF on this account for my son (I have all content unlocked on my own 7 yr old account). That was about 6 months ago. I was actually considering unlocking HoT so he could have gliding, but now when I click, it indicates it's free with PoF, and advises me to buy PoF.Which I obviously have.Will it be added retroactively? Suggestions?

@Caiosaur.5019 said:Hi there! I bought GW2: PoF on this account for my son (I have all content unlocked on my own 7 yr old account). That was about 6 months ago. I was actually considering unlocking HoT so he could have gliding, but now when I click, it indicates it's free with PoF, and advises me to buy PoF.Which I obviously have.Will it be added retroactively? Suggestions?

They said those of us who purchased PoF already but not HoT should see HoT unlocked on our accounts within the next week during the announcement this afternoon.

@GRUE.9754 said:

@Caiosaur.5019 said:Hi there! I bought GW2: PoF on this account for my son (I have all content unlocked on my own 7 yr old account). That was about 6 months ago. I was actually considering unlocking HoT so he could have gliding, but now when I click, it indicates it's free with PoF, and advises me to buy PoF.Which I obviously have.Will it be added retroactively? Suggestions?

They said those of us who purchased PoF already but not HoT should see HoT unlocked on our accounts within the next week during the announcement this afternoon.

That's wonderful news! Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

@Linken.6345 said:

@AGUEYVANA.3298 said:and am guessing those who have hot but not pof wont be getting pof free xd

Ofcourse not that was never in question.

To be fair, HoT and PoF were the same price, and HoT was actually more expensive through 3rd parties where PoF was regularly $10 off. They probably should have given PoF to HoT accounts, but only for a limited time and with the requirement of claiming it from within the game. It's unlikely those accounts are going to buy PoF at this point and it would have served more for getting people back into the game.

Not wrong. Even if you have HoT available, you can't go through that without doing the requisite HoT story Episode. Which is why I asked about your Story Journal, to see if you even had HoT available.

As mentioned many times here on the forums, you will have to wait for a fix from the Devs. Maybe it will show up next Tuesday.