Weaver or Tempest for PVE/Fractals?

Rico.6873

Thinking of gearing them either power or condi depending what is strongerAs I see more scourges in fractals, it does make me curios if condi could be used in PVE/FractalsWith the buffs to condi tempest I was wondering which paths to take for elementalist (Now has Exotic gear only atm)

If you would like to go Power then you have both e-specs viable with Weaver taking the lead in DPS and burst as most hitboxes are small in fractals.

Although Conditions are not a welcomed aspect in Fractals, Condi Sword Weaver has a quite high burst as the majority of damage is Burning, which is known for its bursty nature. Still I won't guarantee LFG ease as a Condi build.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@Rico.6873 said:As I see more scourges in fractals, it does make me curios if condi could be used in PVE/FractalsScourges are only played by really bad players in fractals. They are useless in a team that isn't completely braindead. Condi weaver might work but power is stronger in good groups.

You know the worst thing in fractals? Attitudes like this. Scoutges are pljayed by players that enjoy the game style (ain't for me) You can play fractals in any setup, the content is years old. Stop worrying about meta builds and be a game player.

@vesica tempestas.1563 said:You know the worst thing in fractals? Attitudes like this. Scoutges are pljayed by players that enjoy the game style (ain't for me) You can play fractals in any setup, the content is years old. Stop worrying about meta builds and be a game player.

It's a team game. Nobody would think it's ok to play in your football team with street shoes. But what if he really likes wearing those shoes, is it still ok to suggest him to use better stuff? And 99.9% don't earn money there aswell so they also do it just for fun so don't say you can't compare these 2.I like efficiency and prefer to complete fractals with intelligent strategies in less than 40min. A full scourge team needs just ages for anything and most bosses are even harder with them. Scourges are played by bad players in fractals. I've pugged a lot and never saw a scourge player who knew what he was doing. Why? Because players that know how this game works don't play scourge in fractals.

@Rico.6873 said:Can the same power gear/armor be used for both for both Weaver/Tempest (Weapons are different I know ^^)

Yes. Almost the same traits as well if running fresh air. Although I run a sw/d power FA weaver the most, I sometimes swap to sc/w power FA tempest for some specific encounters or depending on the team comp for some encounters. For example needing more aoe for clearing adds. Swapping to Tempest or sometimes even staff Weaver (if staff I swap Fresh Air for BttH) can sometimes tip the scales.

Full Zerk gear or a mix of zerk and marauders.Fire 1-3-1Air 3-2-2Weaver 1-2-1 or Tempest 1-3-x or 3-3-x(I tend to adapt the Major master (x) to fit the encounter and/or team comp).

All you need to do is swap Weaver for Tempest, then swap your weapons and Utility skills.

Weaver. Tempest is a meme that doesn't excel in anything compared to other classes/specs except overhealing to carry really bad groups and even then a heal scourge is more useful in that scenario. Tempest also lacks good ccs which is an important job for supports if you intend to play it as a support

Open pve and fractals are power only if you don't intend to solo champs on a regular basis. Some condi builds can be decent in fractals with bad teams if they are bursty enough but usually thats not the case. Condi weaver might work actually but power will just be better in most fights.

@LazySummer.2568 said:Weaver. Tempest is a meme that doesn't excel in anything compared to other classes/specs except overhealing to carry really bad groups and even then a heal scourge is more useful in that scenario. Tempest also lacks good ccs which is an important job for supports if you intend to play it as a support

Power tempest is stronger than you think. It's way better than weaver for open world pve thanks to good kiting potential and cleave range. That's also what makes it great in certain fractals. Mai Trin for example. I just see weavers way too often facetanking her and dying while a tempest can just stay slightly out of melee range and dont care at all. Tempest is also better to kill all the adds.Weaver is better on bullet sponge kind of fights and especially cms but tempest is not as bad as you think. Especially in open world where its far superior to power sword weaver or condi weaver for everything except soloing champs. Another fractal where most eles struggle is Twilight oasis. Just swap from weaver to tempest and its so much easier to survive.Power tempest and weaver use the same armor in fractals anyways so its not hard to swap between them anyways.