[Feedback] Cooking 500

@Joe Farmer.2063 said:

@"wattsup.4193" said:I have never bought a garden plot before, but got one through doing the cook 500 (which was kinda fun to do btw). Looking on the GW2 wiki it says that the gardeners give you seed pouches for various "standard" seeds, but this only seems to work if you have previously bought a garden plot. I don't get the option to buy seed pouches from them.

I have planted some of the ascended seeds after making some pouches, but if that is the only option available it seems a bit of a wasted gift. Is this intentional or should I report it as a bug do you think?

Not bugged, theres a collection for the basic seeds.

Actually can confirm that issue.Never bought a plot, don't see the collection, can't buy any seed, did not get any from gathering since I have it.So to me it looks either this sadly is a feature or its bugged.Am 500 at cooking and a gourmet.

The collection and ability to buy seeds is tied to you purchasing a black lion plot for the 1000 gems otherwise you can't do the collection to buy the seeds

Hmmm. Not good. Understandable, but they should communicate that better.

Question here is: If you have bought a plot with gems, can you plant standard seeds on all three, or is the third one reserved for the new stuff?

I have all 3, ive filled all with onions.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@zengara.8301 said:

@Acheron.4731 said:This is not good for WvW.....

That is kinda what I am wondering. Still n ot sure how it works tho, but it seems like the normal food is just as good. The ascended once seems to be + in bonus? o.o

Yeah, the good part is you get 10% wxp bonus in wvw and various other bonuses such as magic find, etc..But if you are roaming...you will be at a slight disadvantage now without the food.e.g. some popular regular foods may include sweet and spicy butternut and squash soup +100 power +70 ferocityOr Fried Oyster Sandwich which gives +10% damage reduction +70 powerAscended will give you an effect such as +10 damage reductionplus BOTH stat increases : +100 power +70 ferocityso, yeah, it will be a slight advantage over the regular food

@LucianDK.8615 said:Just hearing a new thing, that may be a bug, and possibly a very much unintended one.

If you never loot the ascended seeds youve planted, and invite others. They can loot them, and the plants does not disappear.. So you can keep inviting more ppl for ascended foodstuffs for them.

That would be a massive bug. No wonder the ascended ingredients are dropping below 50 silver.

@Gorani.7205 said:

@Gorani.7205 said:Question on "effective progression":I am at 441 right now and could turn in the last steps of the collection (which all give you 10 levels each), bringing me to 491. Does it make a difference for discovering 400 level food (to gain the crafting XP) to close the gap between 441 => 450 or from 491 => 500?

the gain from the collection is always 50 skill levels.

I meant, does the XP gain from Discoveries make a difference if you level from 441 to 450 or from 491 to 500?

Your one impact will be on the basic xp you get from making an item. If level is to large you wont get any basic xp and only get the bonus for the first discovery. Would recommend craft up to 450 (will get some of this by making the foods they request) and then cash in the 5*10 rewards.

@Ellegon Mcleod.5931 said:

@Gorani.7205 said:Question on "effective progression":I am at 441 right now and could turn in the last steps of the collection (which all give you 10 levels each), bringing me to 491. Does it make a difference for discovering 400 level food (to gain the crafting XP) to close the gap between 441 => 450 or from 491 => 500?

I meant, does the XP gain from Discoveries make a difference if you level from 441 to 450 or from 491 to 500?

Your one impact will be on the basic xp you get from making an item. If level is to large you wont get any basic xp and only get the bonus for the first discovery. Would recommend craft up to 450 (will get some of this by making the foods they request) and then cash in the 5*10 rewards.

In the end, it did not make any difference:400-425 => Refinement; I think I got almost all the XP from grinding Casava Flour; a few discoveries will help though425-475 => can be covered with the collection475 - 500 => Once you reach 475, you can make the Pouches for growing the ascended seeds in your garden; at this point, you will always have a thing to crfat to take you to 500, no matter whether you have any discoveries left to give you a boost to the process.

IIFC, I made like 2-3 pouches to push me to max. Cooking after I had done the discoveries between 440 and 450.PS: I wish I had not trashed all those Crafting Material Coffers from my WvW tracks, which now would produce the exotic compost ingredient from salvaging the feast.

@Linken.6345 said:

• Apparently, only your Chef can see the kitchen and none of your other toons

Considering my cook is an alt character I will not waste my time building the kitchen as I will very rarely ever get to see it again.

Me : Enters home instance on alt character cook, see's a nice shiny kitchenMe : RelogsMe : Enters home instance on main character, kitchen's goneMe : Such Immersion...

Another failed attempt at content...

Have you tried it with a level 1 skilled cook?If it works you can just train 1 skill in cooking for all and have it in the back ground as a third unused crafting discipline on every character

No, it doesn't work. I tried it with a level 400 cook, and no dice.

I have not tried it with another chef at 401 or higher, though. Mostly because I don't have any, but I'll be reluctant to spend that much money leveling another toon up.

@Gorani.7205 said:

Yes. While you get the same number of XP, that moves you a lesser measure up the leveling tree when you're 490 vs. 440.

It didn't matter for regular crafting, but this process is 10 levels, not 10 times whatever XP you need. Unless all of the levels from 401-500 require the same number of XP, it's definitely better to do it earlier.

@"Kunzaito.8169" said:Anyone know how to get the "Cut of Quality Rare Meat" item? Wiki says it can drop for any enemy that can drop normal red meat, but I have been slaying those critters on various maps for hours (probably a couple hundred, mostly dolyaks) and not gotten one. Based on the the TP price it should be rare but not that rare. Any advice? I know I could just buy one but I'd rather get it myself.

You have to farm with the character who is leveling chef. Another character can't do it.

@CeNedro.7560 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:Just hearing a new thing, that may be a bug, and possibly a very much unintended one.

If you never loot the ascended seeds youve planted, and invite others. They can loot them, and the plants does not disappear.. So you can keep inviting more ppl for ascended foodstuffs for them.

That would be a massive bug. No wonder the ascended ingredients are dropping below 50 silver.

I'm HOPING that the bug is that you have to replant if you harvest them (once). Unless that gets changed, I won't be bothering with finishing to 500, because it's just not worth it.

I mean, you have to salvage twenty-five food items of varying levels, to get only ONE ascended item? That's absurd, IMO.

@Daddicus.6128 said:

I'm HOPING that the bug is that you have to replant if you harvest them (once). Unless that gets changed, I won't be bothering with finishing to 500, because it's just not worth it.

I mean, you have to salvage twenty-five food items of varying levels, to get only ONE ascended item? That's absurd, IMO.

Those 25 Food items are worth 10s in total? Come on, we're used to pay a lot more for food, and this is a dish you can share with even better stats and additional boosts. It's surprisingly cheap considering other useable dishes were like 1,5-3 gold. Sure, it's more expensive than the 2s-Non-Meta-but-some-kind-of-useable-food, but when you used metafood already before it won't get much more expensive for you(just takes a little time to craft). Making the seeds regrow without replanting would make all other food pretty much useless.

From reading the announcement (https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/party-harder-with-ascended-food/) a couple days after it launched i was unaware of some things ingame. Obviously i knew i was in for some hurt not waiting for a guide :(

1) Thinking maxing 500 was best i quickly got to 468 and stopped cause i didn't see a clear path of getting to 500 easily. I went back and looked at that gourmet cheevo (which you can't read the last steps to because it's locked, so you don't know that each of the 5 tiers gives you an additional "10 chef progress points" until you've unlocked the full row.) :( which means STOP @ 450!, but oh it doesn't tell you that. (i got to 450 and nothing extra was unlocked- no new recipies to climb higher) So i thought maybe a little higher :(

2) i'm at 494 currently and all i see that's new are basically the consumables... which apparently you need a gemstore purchase of a "Garden Plot" to use?!?!? what! No other professions to 500 require you to use gemstore items to craft things. This feels scammy . It would be more helpful to understand if garden plot is necessary, to have red text warning people that the garden plot purchase is necessary to craft these consumable items. (i mean i assume garden plot because i have no "garden"???) or also mention it at 400 warning people you need to purchase a garden plot from gemstore to craft 500 food. ( don' t know for a fact that's true yet though, well c in 18mins.)

3) i assume/ hope at 500 "Ascended food" I will be able craft and won't require mats from the garden plots. Otherwise this has just been a waste of my ascended mats --> spirit planks, deldrimore steel- MY MUHNEEE! on something i won't be able to use!!! >:(

edit:4) well crap . read comment below. me founds something i didn't see before in home instance :D

after skimming half way down thru the comment section very few of you mention a garden plot is necessary for all of this. Nor did i see ANET mention ANYTHING ABOUT IT! As someone who is not used to garden plots nor understanding "seed pouches" means garden plots, this is very easy to miss.

( goes to home instance sees cooking station- wonders where this garden thing is ) :/

edit:uh oh... mr. dumby just got done harvesting his treelogs, veggies and basic cloth, leather racks, turned and noticed some "open soil" yellow font off in the distance that wasn't there before :) :( oh this is where you plant them consumable things huh :D :D :D

what... i didn't see it okay, it's hidden, kinda

@"Kelly.7019" said:From reading the announcement (https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/party-harder-with-ascended-food/) a couple days after it launched i was unaware of some things ingame. Obviously i knew i was in for some hurt not waiting for a guide :(

1) Thinking maxing 500 was best i quickly got to 468 and stopped cause i didn't see a clear path of getting to 500 easily. I went back and looked at that gourmet cheevo (which you can't read the last steps to because it's locked, so you don't know that each of the 5 tiers gives you an additional "10 chef progress points" until you've unlocked the full row.) :( which means STOP @ 450!, but oh it doesn't tell you that. (i got to 450 and nothing extra was unlocked- no new recipies to climb higher) So i thought maybe a little higher :(

2) i'm at 494 currently and all i see that's new are basically the consumables... which apparently you need a gemstore purchase of a "Garden Plot" to use?!?!? what! No other professions to 500 require you to use gemstore items to craft things. This feels scammy . It would be more helpful to understand if garden plot is necessary, to have red text warning people that the garden plot purchase is necessary to craft these consumable items. (i mean i assume garden plot because i have no "garden"???) or also mention it at 400 warning people you need to purchase a garden plot from gemstore to craft 500 food. ( don' t know for a fact that's true yet though, well c in 18mins.)

3) i assume/ hope at 500 "Ascended food" I will be able craft and won't require mats from the garden plots. Otherwise this has just been a waste of my ascended mats --> spirit planks, deldrimore steel- MY MUHNEEE! on something i won't be able to use!!! >:(

edit:4) well kitten . read comment below. me founds something i didn't see before in home instance :D

Havent you noticed that you get a garden plot for finishing the Sylvarri line?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Tarlonniel.6534 said:And Seimur's reaction to the oven was priceless.

I wish I had paid better attention to him! My eyes were on the oven. :/

You can talk to him again. The dialog doesn't change (I think).

His emote when he saw the new kitchen installed can't be triggered again by any means.

Sorry, I didn't realize there was an emote. I guess I didn't see it, either.

@CeNedro.7560 said:

Those 25 Food items are worth 10s in total? Come on, we're used to pay a lot more for food, and this is a dish you can share with even better stats and additional boosts. It's surprisingly cheap considering other useable dishes were like 1,5-3 gold. Sure, it's more expensive than the 2s-Non-Meta-but-some-kind-of-useable-food, but when you used metafood already before it won't get much more expensive for you(just takes a little time to craft). Making the seeds regrow without replanting would make all other food pretty much useless.

Where do you get 10s? You have to salvage 10 level 80 foods for each seed. You yourself point out that they cost 1.5-3g each. And that doesn't count the lower-tier ones you have to make and salvage.

@Daddicus.6128 said:

Where do you get 10s? You have to salvage 10 level 80 foods for each seed. You yourself point out that they cost 1.5-3g each. And that doesn't count the lower-tier ones you have to make and salvage.

Ofc you don't want to salvage those pricy Meta-feasts everyone was using in WvW ^.^Prices spiked but there are still possibilities got get cheap food when you're crafting it yourself/collecting some items yourself.F.e. Tarragon bread for yellow(25 copper each on TP), Strawberryghost for green and blue(7 copper each on TP, other food is cheap there too), and 1 Winterberry pie you crafted yourself gives you 10 exotic(3 Winterberries from daily homeinstance, 1 piece of butter[4-5 silver on TP], 24 copper for sugar, flour and water and 3 karma for lemons).Also Halloween is coming soon, maybe prices will drop then again when they don't change the droprates of the treatbags.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

Correct me if I am wrong...but if I own a garden plot. I can harvest someone else garden plot for the day. If I do that I can not harvest my own. I have to have a garden plot to harvest someone elses garden plot. Which was a way for them to make money.

This seems intended.

You misunderstood. If you harvest a friend's plot with ascended seeds, it locks you out from your own. BUT! They do not have to replant them after youve looted them, nor for anyone else looting them. And then you invite your friend to your home instance where he loots your ascended seeds, and you too dont have to replant them.

So thusly neither of you have to spend gold and effort to replant ascended seeds. If you loot your own ascended seeds, then you have to replant them.

So if you have a friend/guild mate who shares his garden with you, you have an endless supply of garden mats for free?

That "harvest sharing" with friends/guild mates sounds like a bug and not a feature. I guess we will see how fast they will react to that thing, when Devs return to work on Monday. It can't be intentional.I really wish you could make individual food with the WxP +10% bonus (Suggestion: can you please add that bonus to the food the Portable Provisioner gives you?)