Mesmer alternatives

SoulGuardian.6203

I enjoy playing with mesmer.I'm just not a fan of clones, and much rather have a gw1 type mesmer with loads of interrupts and hexes.Every weapon mesmer has, deploys a clone or two, according to its skills.An idea for a mesmer elite spec would be to replace all clones, and interrupt foes instead, with various effects.I really love mesmer in gw1 and their skills.A second alternative is to replace the F keys into copycat abilities to disable and copy skills from foes and able to use them once, following by a recharge.Thief does that, but thieves should instead steal, as it says on the tin, not copy random skills.Thieves should steal weapons and items.Cheers.

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:I enjoy playing with mesmer.I'm just not a fan of clones, and much rather have a gw1 type mesmer with loads of interrupts and hexes.Literally the class mechanic. Can you like ele, but without all of the elements?

An idea for a mesmer elite spec would be to replace all clones, and interrupt foes instead, with various effects.Pls no. CI was just killed for being this exact type of degeneracy. If you get into the class you will probably find that you like it.

It sure would be nice to be able to play Mesmer in a way that harks back to the interrupt and punishment playstyle that made GW1 Mesmer so magnificent. Unfortunately, as has been evidenced by the culling of Chaotic Interruption, the PvP community simply cannot cope with this style of gameplay so it is best we let all mentions of interrupts die now.

@Engal.6359 said:

@"SoulGuardian.6203" said:I enjoy playing with mesmer.I'm just not a fan of clones, and much rather have a gw1 type mesmer with loads of interrupts and hexes.Literally the class mechanic. Can you like ele, but without all of the elements?

An idea for a mesmer elite spec would be to replace all clones, and interrupt foes instead, with various effects.Pls no. CI was just killed for being this exact type of degeneracy. If you get into the class you will probably find that you like it.

Not THE Class mechanic. Simply A mechanic. You could play it fine without clones prior to the changes. If anything, clones just cause Mesmer to get in the way of itself. Prior to changes, you could shatter without clones. It was possible to fit casts into a 1 second Continuum Split. Clearly you played Mesmer as much as you played Elementalist if you don't realize that you CAN in fact play with just ONE element. People do it ALL THE TIME. Ele's Tempest support build basically REQUIRES you to remain in water at all times unless you know what you're doing. As for other builds, most of them only utilize two or three. You MAY choose to utilize all four, but it's not optimal unless you're a skilled Weaver. The main mechanic of Mesmer isn't clones, it's the shatters. Thiefs don't need a resource to steal, Ele's don't need anything to swap attunements, engie's don't need anything to use their toolbelts, but Mesmers need clones to shatter. Classes that do need a resource to use their main mechanic don't lose that entire resource when their target dies like Mesmers do.

Also, if you consider people who use CI "degenerates" then what do you call all the forum bandwagoners that whine till something gets nerfed? Instead of actual balance, we have a flavor of the month thanks to that.

Above all, there was a reason why the trait that allows you to shatter without clones existed in the first place and it stayed there for years for good reason. Clearly people have forgotten why that is and are starting to find out why the hard way.

@Vincenzo.3145 said:

@"SoulGuardian.6203" said:I enjoy playing with mesmer.I'm just not a fan of clones, and much rather have a gw1 type mesmer with loads of interrupts and hexes.Literally the class mechanic. Can you like ele, but without all of the elements?

Not THE Class mechanic. Simply A mechanic. You could play it fine without clones prior to the changes. If anything, clones just cause Mesmer to get in the way of itself. Prior to changes, you could shatter without clones. It was possible to fit casts into a 1 second Continuum Split.The mesmer class mechanic is built around using clones to shatter. Shatters and clones are the
same
mechanic. Yes, you can shatter without a clone, but if you do its much weaker. To get value from your shatters you should have clones.

Clearly you played Mesmer as much as you played Elementalist if you don't realize that you CAN in fact play with just ONE element. People do it ALL THE TIME.

I'm a terrible ele and even I know that camping one element is a great way to get farmed. I think your trying to insinuate that I'm a bad mesmer here? I'm top 250 pvp/raid/duel on mesmer, so I think I know the class pretty well.

Ele's Tempest support build basically REQUIRES you to remain in water at all times unless you know what you're doing. As for other builds, most of them only utilize two or three. You MAY choose to utilize all four, but it's not optimal unless you're a skilled Weaver.

So your saying that if your good, you use the class mechanic well. Like having clones when you shatter?

The main mechanic of Mesmer isn't clones, it's the shatters.They're the same mechanic. Would you say that warrior's mechanic is Burst skills but not Adrenaline? No difference.Thiefs don't need a resource to steal, Ele's don't need anything to swap attunements, engie's don't need anything to use their toolbelts, but Mesmers need clones to shatter. Classes that do need a resource to use their main mechanic don't lose that entire resource when their target dies like Mesmers do.

Gosh, the unique class mechanic is different from all of the others. Shocking.

Also, if you consider people who use CI "degenerates" then what do you call all the forum bandwagoners that whine till something gets nerfed? Instead of actual balance, we have a flavor of the month thanks to that.

CI mirage was a low skill build that made the game less fun and deserved to die. Please, tell me how that build was reasonable. The fact that people on the forums complained about it doesn't make a stupid build balanced. Also, Anet were the ones who called CI degenerate in the post where they disabled it. It was unhealthy for the game, not sure how anyone could try to defend that.

Above all, there was a reason why the trait that allows you to shatter without clones existed in the first place and it stayed there for years for good reason. Clearly people have forgotten why that is and are starting to find out why the hard way.You seem to be confused here. Mesmers don't need clones to shatter, we still have IP. That's only if your playing chrono.

It's nice people think about the class, but clones are a part of mesmer, and changing that would destroy part of what makes the class special.