Holo sPvP Tips?

H a z Z y.1762

Pretty decent knowledge. Been playing actively for like a year and a half. Usually place in plat. Got a ruthless legend title, but i was cheesing with one shot mirage when it was good, so take that with a grain of salt.

I can play rev, thief, mesmer. Learning holo now.

I feel like im lacking the ability to keep up pressure without using elixer U for quickness.

Is prime light beam or elixer x better?

Are there any good "how to play holosmith in sPvP guides".

@"H a z Z y.1762" said:Pretty decent knowledge. Been playing actively for like a year and a half. Usually place in plat. Got a ruthless legend title, but i was cheesing with one shot mirage when it was good, so take that with a grain of salt.

I can play rev, thief, mesmer. Learning holo now.

I feel like im lacking the ability to keep up pressure without using elixer U for quickness.

Is prime light beam or elixer x better?

Are there any good "how to play holosmith in sPvP guides".

Im not even playing engi, but what I suggest is trying 1v1 with other classes, while on discord and discusing how and WHY you lose/win. knowing the enemy is half of the success. Too many holos lose 1v1 to my mirage becouse they get cucked by my double 4s disort, wasting EVERYTING into it without a thought.

@H a z Z y.1762 said:Doing everything thats listed on meta battle. Its got some combos listed which i use, but what to do after that ?

Also struggling against targets with access to lots of stability

One of the most difficult things to learn is how and when to kite/how and when to manage your positioning and engage/re-engage.

Reaper going into shroud? Run the heck away! There's no way they're going to be able to catch you, and you're not going to be able to pound them to death before they pound you. Just run away and plink at them from range or something.

Other classes, like weaver who only get a single stack, you can just wait it out (counter pressure, dodge as usual), or just use 2 CCs.

As a holo - especially a rifle holo if you're running that instead of sword/sh prot - you can outrun most classes with stab that might give you trouble. And those that CAN catch you during kiting, like thief or rev, don't really have access to much (or any, in thief's case) stab in the first place for you to worry about.

And sometimes, you'll just have to bite the bullet, so to speak. Sometimes your goal is to draw things out a bit so you can deprive your opponent of valuable resources - dodges, cooldowns, procs - so you can THEN kill them when a CD comes back up.

This is where stow-canceling comes in - I prefer Prime Light Beam over the elite elixir because I can stow-cancel it to bait out a dodge. Especially hilarious when the first midfight is starting, and the other team sees my charging up the beam and a bunch of them dodge in sync, only to see me cancel it xD You can also do that with Holographic Shockwave. Count your opponent's dodges and sources of stab so you know when you're able to kill them.

Realistically speaking, tho, the elite elixir is better than the beam. Not by a massive amount, but enough. Beam is still viable tho

@H a z Z y.1762 said:Forget about this thread lol. I give up. I don't see what all the hype about holo is. Its easy to see their attacks and easy to counter IMO.

Now that ive played it plenty, i know its cooldowns and telegraphs. Ill end it there.

You haven't fought or played every type of Holosmith so you only how to counter the most popular build...… Actually, now that I think about it as I type this, that's all you need really hehehe. More power to you.

@H a z Z y.1762 said:I change my mind. Holo is broken. I just needed some sleep and then to play it again ?

Yeah literally go into forge mode and spam ur broken skills and blast in healing turrets for almost perma sustain. Do ur smash to cc knockdown half the map that doesnt have stability on since it outlast evade frames lol the spec is one of the most broken things I've witnessed in this game in almost 5 yrs.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@H a z Z y.1762 said:I change my mind. Holo is broken. I just needed some sleep and then to play it again ?

Yeah literally go into forge mode and spam ur broken skills and blast in healing turrets for almost perma sustain. Do ur smash to cc knockdown half the map that doesnt have stability on since it outlast evade frames lol the spec is one of the most broken things I've witnessed in this game in almost 5 yrs.

Welcome to the party :D