Who Can Gather Varietal Seeds?

Just a quick question - once you've unlocked the varietal seed drop will they drop for any alt or only for the gourmet chef who unlocked it? My cook is an old alt that I only use for crafting. I'd rather not have to run it around every day just to do a lot of gathering. Thanks in advance for any help.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:I created a placeholder character to save a name and, since it's taking up a slot, I parked them where there are herbs to whack. Even at level 2, they get varietal seeds.

Also good to know. I generally start a key farmer every week just for the fun of it. They are usually equipped for gathering but now they will be keeping a special eye out for herbs to whack. :)

Once you unlock varietal seeds after grabbing and turning in the initial pair, it can be harvested by anyone successfully collecting an herb node. A varietal seed for an herb will appear alongside the actual herb; that is, if your harvest nets you a clove, you'll get varietal clove seeds. Naturally, anything that gives you a bonus harvest chance will increase the chances of getting varietal seeds as you have more chances to harvest that node. I was able to get the verdant herbs SE of Gauntlet WP (Mt. Maelstrom) and I three-striked varietal clove seeds because I was under Item booster influence.

TL;DR: Anyone, any level, can harvest varietal seeds from herb nodes as long as it's successful and you've completed and turned in the first gather.