Icebrood Saga trailer

Daniel Handler.4816

@ErikTheTyrant.4527 said:

@"hugo.4705" said:I like a lot that style of animation, the trailer is very nice, the style, rendering... BTW anyone knows who is the cute looking orange fur charr in the other trailer?

You talking about this one
Bangar_Ruinbringer.jpg
If so then that is the blood legion Imperator, Bangar Ruinbringer.

that awesome armor exists in game?(im not familiar with charr cultural armor).

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About the voice, to me sounds a male wanting sound as "manipulator"/"seductive" semi-whispering talking like some sort of 'old wizard'.At some points the voice gotta a "agressive" pitch for a few seconds, like a "demon" hiding, typical of "double personality" characters.

Beside im tired of elder dragon theme, at least we gotta a more darker trailer without "fun things".

A more communicative Elder Dragon is really something very new. gives the impression that Jormag is someone who can come to a bar and throw a conversation drinking a beer.

I too think that there is no distinct gender in the Jormag's voice. It's on purpose.

We know Jormag works very differently from any other Elder Dragons. The first three ones were just destroying and recreating into their Minions without a choice (Sylvari were forced by Mordremoth though it was poor-written).Jormag however lures thus creating a cult.

Does Sons of Svanir unknowingly worship a female would be a good idea? Absolutely.Does it have to be a female? Absolutely not. It's just the psychology and tone of this voice.

At first we wouldn't say it's Jormag, then it became very clear.

@DonArkanio.6419 said:I too think that there is no distinct gender in the Jormag's voice. It's on purpose.

We know Jormag works very differently from any other Elder Dragons. The first three ones were just destroying and recreating into their Minions without a choice (Sylvari were forced by Mordremoth though it was poor-written).Jormag however lures thus creating a cult.

Does Sons of Svanir unknowingly worship a female would be a good idea? Absolutely.Does it have to be a female? Absolutely not. It's just the psychology and tone of this voice.

At first we wouldn't say it's Jormag, then it became very clear.

I kinda just want a mean old woman as a villain.

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

@"hugo.4705" said:I like a lot that style of animation, the trailer is very nice, the style, rendering... BTW anyone knows who is the cute looking orange fur charr in the other trailer?

Bangar_Ruinbringer.jpg

yes, that armor is the dreadnought heavy armor, usually the standard armor of every legions high command.

@Maethor.2810 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:What I'm interested in is who is narrating it? Is it Drakkar or is it Jormag? Very female and I was under the impressions that the other elder dragons would be "male" in that sense, if they even have a gender.

Hm, it does sort of sound like Jormag has a female VA that was pitched down. Also elder dragons can present as any gender. If Aurene could be one I don't see why one of the original six couldn't be female.

I just think it would be freaking hilarious if Jormag - or even just Drakkar - turned out to be female (with the whole Sons of Svanir thing and their anti-female stance)

While they don't allow or like females, I believe it's only female norn they actively kill if they find one as icebrood. We've seen them explicitly corrupt a female kodan into becoming an icebrood. The whole anti-female (at least norn) thing was caused by Svanir being killed by Jora, and the sons just took that reaction to the extreme.

@ErikTheTyrant.4527 said:

Bangar_Ruinbringer.jpg

Where did that come from? I tried searching on youtube but found nothing yet.

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:About the voice, to me sounds a male wanting sound as "manipulator"/"seductive" semi-whispering talking like some sort of 'old wizard'.At some points the voice gotta a "agressive" pitch for a few seconds, like a "demon" hiding, typical of "double personality" characters.

Beside im tired of elder dragon theme, at least we gotta a more darker trailer without "fun things".

A more communicative Elder Dragon is really something very new. gives the impression that Jormag is someone who can come to a bar and throw a conversation drinking a beer.

Well, unlike most other dragons, Jormag is noted to be the one who has "corrupting whispers, offering power and strength". The dialogue in the trailer perfectly fits this.

One thing I loved about the trailer is, when Jormag is finally visible, you can see the missing tooth.

@Maethor.2810 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:What I'm interested in is who is narrating it? Is it Drakkar or is it Jormag? Very female and I was under the impressions that the other elder dragons would be "male" in that sense, if they even have a gender.

Hm, it does sort of sound like Jormag has a female VA that was pitched down. Also elder dragons can present as any gender. If Aurene could be one I don't see why one of the original six couldn't be female.

I just think it would be freaking hilarious if Jormag - or even just Drakkar - turned out to be female (with the whole Sons of Svanir thing and their anti-female stance)

The Svanir got a bunch of new FEMALE recruits, according to dialogue during Dragon Bash, at least I read about that? So they've changed it seems.

Oooh thanks for that tidbit, shall look into that. I completely ended up missing Dragon Bash this year due to real life stuff so I'll poke around for dialogue >.>

Ooh, any quick links you know of? I find that interesting

@Randulf.7614 said:

@adormtil.1605 said:Is that Jormag I thought it was one of its children an dragon champion with the dragon part being there.Also that is an man voice really people.

They confirmed on Twitter a female VA

Source?

@derd.6413 said:EDs are androgynous, so no jormag isn't female. jor might be more feminine then other EDs but not female

Yes and no. They may reproduce via magic, but the Kralk family was given gendered pronouns.

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:

@adormtil.1605 said:Is that Jormag I thought it was one of its children an dragon champion with the dragon part being there.Also that is an man voice really people.

Source?

@"derd.6413" said:EDs are androgynous, so no jormag isn't female. jor might be more feminine then other EDs but not female

Yes and no. They may reproduce via magic, but the Kralk family was given gendered pronouns.

https://twitter.com/tomabernathy/status/1167709836890345473?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fen-forum.guildwars2.com%2Fdiscussion%2F86053%2Fjormags-voice-is-awesome

@Randulf.7614 said:

Source?

@"derd.6413" said:EDs are androgynous, so no jormag isn't female. jor might be more feminine then other EDs but not female

So his other tweet referred to Jormag as non-binary. I'm guessing gendering was only a quality of the Kralk family. Perhaps a vestige of their interactions with humans.

https://twitter.com/tomabernathy/status/1167531094805110784?s=20

@"adormtil.1605" said:Seriously now is not Jormag an little small for an elder dragon? Have you all seen all the other dragons? Hell even Telquat seems bigger and he was not an Elder Dragon.

Very difficult to say with distances/perspective and ultimately it not being in game footage. I thought it looked suitably fine and "looming". Any bigger and it wouldn't have fitted the image, so they will scale things accordingly for a trailer.

Zhaitan wasn't very big after all, at least the final in-game version. And Jormag's head looks bigger than Mouth of Mordremoth if we're just comparing that

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

Bangar_Ruinbringer.jpg

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dreadnought_armor, Cultural Charr T3 Heavy. Seems to use darkness and imperial red dyes. Heavy so either warrior/guardian/revenant, but Bangar is surely Warrior.

Additional note: Its model (face) is unique, hairs too it seems. However you can find a kinda similar face previewing with asthetician. Even the fur color I wonder if not unique.

@"Randulf.7614" said:"what will the new world order look like?"

That has peaked my interest. The dialogue Jormag has indicates more than just "next Dragon", but some greater turning point in the World. Could be connected

Well Aurene is a sentient nuke. I imagine she just dictates all geopolitical decisions from now on. They can't shoo her away from another peace talk. She is the peace talk.

@adormtil.1605 said:Seriously now is not Jormag an little small for an elder dragon? Have you all seen all the other dragons? Hell even Telquat seems bigger and he was not an Elder Dragon.

I really hope we’re moving away from “massively incomprehensible” elder dragons. The kralk fights were interesting, but he was established as the biggest (I thiiiink). I hope the rest are big, but not massive like Kralk. You don’t need to blot out the sun to wield horrifying power.

In fact, I think the idea of being small and wielding that kind of power is an interesting idea to explore, but I guess that’s sort of what we had with Zhaitan and Mordy (being almost incorporeal).

@"Svennis.3852" said:

@adormtil.1605 said:Seriously now is not Jormag an little small for an elder dragon? Have you all seen all the other dragons? Hell even Telquat seems bigger and he was not an Elder Dragon.

I really hope we’re moving away from “massively incomprehensible” elder dragons. The kralk fights were interesting, but he was established as the biggest (I thiiiink). I hope the rest are big, but not massive like Kralk. You don’t need to blot out the sun to wield horrifying power.

In fact, I think the idea of being small and wielding that kind of power is an interesting idea to explore, but I guess that’s sort of what we had with Zhaitan and Mordy (being almost incorporeal).

Depends how they handle Primordus' return. He was tiny in GW1 and based on the head we see in LS3 he's the largest of them all

Zhaitan was only as small as he ended being because they had to scale him down to make him manageable for that instance. I suspect if they made him today, he'd be back to his original size or bigger

I'm more scarred of Deep Sea Dragon, the dialogue establishing that its minions are that big they can't fit within crucible of eternity aquarium intrigues me. If the minions are big, the dragon would be bigger. (I suppose), the Jormag representation in bitterfrost frontier can hint its size if respected. My guess is that Jormag has the size of that map. So a little bigger than zhaithan but still "small".

qayKXrv.jpg(Yeah I assume that deep sea dragon is a turtle, seeing the vision of the all, it's either big quaggan or turtle)

@"Randulf.7614" said:"what will the new world order look like?"

That has peaked my interest. The dialogue Jormag has indicates more than just "next Dragon", but some greater turning point in the World. Could be connected

I would actually really like Jormag thriving to truly become Dragon, as in "Well, I ended liking those dumb Norns. Humans and Sylvaris have that upstart Aurene as their Elder Dragon now, well, i'll be the Norn's... also the charrs, since they are drunk buddies !"

More seriously, Jormag have often been depicted as the subtler of the Elder Dragons. They were the first to get interested in the Mists (per some of Norn character early story elements), obviously well in contact with the Norns and Kodans via their minions, either willing (like the Sons of Svanir, also an oddity since they are the only one we know who willingly serve a Dragon).

If an Eldar Dragon would change tactics because of the actions of mortals and the rise of a new one, it would be they, I suspect.

@"hugo.4705" said:I'm more scarred of Deep Sea Dragon, the dialogue establishing that its minions are that big they can't fit within crucible of eternity aquarium intrigues me. If the minions are big, the dragon would be bigger. (I suppose), the Jormag representation in bitterfrost frontier can hint its size if respected. My guess is that Jormag has the size of that map. So a little bigger than zhaithan but still "small".

gD0eHad.jpg(Yeah I assume that deep sea dragon is a turtle, seeing the vision of the all, it's either big quaggan or turtle)

Who needs that_shaman with comparison drawings this good ?

@Valmir.4590 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:
"what will the new world order look like?"

I would actually really like Jormag thriving to truly become Dragon, as in "Well, I ended liking those dumb Norns. Humans and Sylvaris have that upstart Aurene as their Elder Dragon now, well, i'll be the Norn's... also the charrs, since they are drunk buddies !"

The Sylvari had their Elder Dragon. Caithe is probably an oddity. Plus #PaleTreeNextElderDragon4Lyfe