Any chance to speed up your downloaad speed?

yes, cable. the speed isnt a problem i can get 11. Its just GW that is that slow. The download is pretty weird. Now i have most of the times 1-2mb/s sometimes it goes down to 400kb/s and then back up and rarely it goes up to 5mb/s and back to 1-2.Its a new install, not an update, so maybe them are faster.I also tried some other asset server, but nothing speed up the download. So i guess the download is just broken. Something that only arenanet could fix, but, nothing changed here since...well beginning.When there is no alternativ, new Players will be disapointed. Well maybe i can rejoin in a few days.

@Pat Rick.6850 said:yes, cable. the speed isnt a problem i can get 11. Its just GW that is that slow. The download is pretty weird. Now i have most of the times 1-2mb/s sometimes it goes down to 400kb/s and then back up and rarely it goes up to 5mb/s and back to 1-2.Its a new install, not an update, so maybe them are faster.I also tried some other asset server, but nothing speed up the download. So i guess the download is just broken. Something that only arenanet could fix, but, nothing changed here since...well beginning.When there is no alternativ, new Players will be disapointed. Well maybe i can rejoin in a few days.

Alot of the gw2 files are small so you wont get high speeds on those since your internet dont have time to pickup speed before they are downloaded.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Pat Rick.6850" said:yes, cable. the speed isnt a problem i can get 11. Its just GW that is that slow. The download is pretty weird. Now i have most of the times 1-2mb/s sometimes it goes down to 400kb/s and then back up and rarely it goes up to 5mb/s and back to 1-2.Its a new install, not an update, so maybe them are faster.I also tried some other asset server, but nothing speed up the download. So i guess the download is just broken. Something that only arenanet could fix, but, nothing changed here since...well beginning.When there is no alternativ, new Players will be disapointed. Well maybe i can rejoin in a few days.

Alot of the gw2 files are small so you wont get high speeds on those since your internet dont have time to pickup speed before they are downloaded.

yeah in have heared that and thats what i mean with "only arenanet could fix that". Its a complete design fail, that they dont want to fix.I was kinda hoping that i can download the GW2.dat in another way or so.

@Pat Rick.6850 said:yes, cable. the speed isnt a problem i can get 11. Its just GW that is that slow. The download is pretty weird. Now i have most of the times 1-2mb/s sometimes it goes down to 400kb/s and then back up and rarely it goes up to 5mb/s and back to 1-2.Its a new install, not an update, so maybe them are faster.I also tried some other asset server, but nothing speed up the download. So i guess the download is just broken. Something that only arenanet could fix, but, nothing changed here since...well beginning.When there is no alternativ, new Players will be disapointed. Well maybe i can rejoin in a few days.

I had to re-download the entire game recently because my hard drive failed. Still downloaded at 7 to 10 Mb/s. An SSD really helps, though.