This is a new low, even for you ArenaNet.

Math.5123

@Sojourner.4621 said:

@"Blocki.4931" said:He's a comedian, what do you expect? Are you upset at a joke?

Jokes are great when they're timed correctly. This was a hyped up stream that was supposed to inform players about the future of the game. I have friends leaving left, right and centre for different games because this game has no direction.

This was a poorly timed joke that became a slap in the face to a desperate PvP community.

It was only ever advertised by ANet as being about Living World, which has nothing to do with PvP. And there is definite comedy in only one person going "woo" when they said the words PvP and the rest of the audience being dead silent.

except, the underwhelmed reaction might come from the fact that nobody is excited about a new armor set and not that nobody likes pvp

@XenoSpyro.1780 said:

@Vayne.8563 said:It has a direction...you just don't like that direction. I like it just fine.

I really hope no one rides in a car with you.

@Vayne.8563 said:It has a direction...you just don't like that direction. I like it just fine.

I really hope no one rides in a car with you.

Funny you should say that. I indicate every day that I'm going to the same place. You get in the car with me, you should expect to go to that place. A game isn't a car, of course, but the idea is the same. The game is "driven" by the company. It goes in a certain direction. Some people like that direction, so they play that game. Some people don't like the direction and so they don't play that game, at least not for long. But eventually as you're in the car, you can see the direction. It's not a mystery.

This game's direction hasn't been a mystery to me for a long time. There are other cars going in other directions. Shouting at the driver isn't likely to get you anywhere, if you're not the only passenger. Some people really are along for the ride in this direction.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"phokus.8934" said:OP doesn’t understand jokes.

Jokes are not "jokes" when they actively try to attack someone.This is one such case.

It is one thing to actively disregard the fans of a play mode.But making of fun of them during a public event? That's just disrespectful and insulting.

+1

'We are human beings, not machines. We have emotions, a conscience, hopes and dreams. We need to be respected, to be recognized for our contributions, to feel a sense of belonging'

we've given more of ourselves to them, we have even go as far as losing ourselves in holding on to them. In return, they disrespect us and insult us openly by mocking us

I saw this and wasn't even laughing. I told myself; forget them, they don't deserve us at all

@"sephiroth.4217" said:It's very clear now that they don't appreciate thier most loyal players.

Now that is a great joke! 1 person out of how ever many were present, does not scream "most loyal" to me, or probably Anet.Those WERE some of the most loyal players right there. They screamed for merchandise and Living World announcements. Anet is catering to the exact players they should be (as a business).At the end of the day, if you dont like the direction of the game, move to something else, the game doesn't mind as there is no subscription. Plus, if enough "hardcore" pvpers etc leave, then maybe new/"filthy casual" players will actually enjoy their experience in unranked long enough to continue playing the mode to start filling up ranked.

@Thorstienn.1642 said:

@"sephiroth.4217" said:It's very clear now that they don't appreciate thier most loyal players.

Now that is a great joke! 1 person out of how ever many were present, does not scream "most loyal" to me, or probably Anet.Those WERE some of the most loyal players right there. They screamed for merchandise and Living World announcements. Anet is catering to the exact players they should be (as a business).At the end of the day, if you dont like the direction of the game, move to something else, the game doesn't mind as there is no subscription. Plus, if enough "hardcore" pvpers etc leave, then maybe new/"filthy casual" players will actually enjoy their experience in unranked long enough to continue playing the mode to start filling up ranked.

If you wanna go down this road..Who were those most loyal players again? Were they picked by money spent or by hours played? Something that showed true dedication and loyalty or were they hand picked? What game modes were they known as "top players" in? Huge difference there.

Just because they shit on the player base a little doesn't mean I can't enjoy the game. So your post is mostly redundant to me.

• Sparkles and Rainbows.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:It's very clear now that they don't appreciate thier most loyal players.

If you wanna go down this road..Who were those most loyal players again? Were they picked by money spent or by hours played? Something that showed true dedication and loyalty or were they hand picked? What game modes were they known as "top players" in? Huge difference there.

Just because they kitten on the player base a little doesn't mean I can't enjoy the game. So your post is mostly redundant to me.
  • Sparkles and Rainbows.

I'm not sure what your talking about. The "loyal" players I'm talking about are the ones in the crowd. Extrapolating the crowd as a representation of the player base; 99% cheering for Merch and LW vs 1% cheering for PvP.I never mentioned top players at all.Glad your enjoying the game, hope you as well as many others continue to do so for a long time. Point stands though.If you feel an alternative view is "redundant" then I guess that's the end of the discussion.

@Thorstienn.1642 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:It's very clear now that they don't appreciate thier most loyal players.

Just because they kitten on the player base a little doesn't mean I can't enjoy the game. So your post is mostly redundant to me.
  • Sparkles and Rainbows.

I'm not sure what your talking about. The "loyal" players I'm talking about are the ones in the crowd. Extrapolating the crowd as a representation of the player base; 99% cheering for Merch and LW vs 1% cheering for PvP.I never mentioned top players at all.Glad your enjoying the game, hope you as well as many others continue to do so for a long time. Point stands though.If you feel an alternative view is "redundant" then I guess that's the end of the discussion.

Top players was a mistype for most loyal, tired. I mean, should have been obvious with how many times I said most loyal before that moment but fair enough.

Im not sure what your point was to be honest, you nit picked a very specific point and blew it out of proportion then proceeded to imply dedicated players are toxic and should leave to make room for newer players. Yes, I found that sort of slander extremely redundant, slightly hypocritical and was worth ignoring until you brought it up as a moral high ground.

I appreciate alternative views but I don't have to agree with it.

• Sparkles and Rainbows.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

• Sparkles and Rainbows.

Top players was a mistype for most loyal, tired. I mean, should have been obvious with how many times I said most loyal before that moment but fair enough.

Im not sure what your point was to be honest, you nit picked a very specific point and blew it out of proportion then proceeded to imply dedicated players are toxic and should leave to make room for newer players. Yes, I found that sort of slander extremely redundant, slightly hypocritical and was worth ignoring until you brought it up as a moral high ground.

I appreciate alternative views but I don't have to agree with it.
  • Sparkles and Rainbows.

I think there is a wire being crossed here. Its my view, of how Anet views things.So no moral high ground etc.I think it would be easier for Anet if they just pretended the hardcore didnt exist until they just left. Much easier to cater to the more casual player base.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@"Sojourner.4621" said:It was only ever advertised by ANet as being about
Living World
Which was supposed to have "expansion-like features".

Sure, but still has nothing to do with PvP. The fact is people are being extra salty about only barely mentioning pvp in something that was literally not about PvP and was never intended to be, which should have been exceptionally clear when they said it was a living story announcement.

@Sojourner.4621 said:

@Sojourner.4621 said:It was only ever advertised by ANet as being about
Living World
Which was supposed to have "expansion-like features".

Sure, but still has nothing to do with PvP. The fact is people are being extra salty about only barely mentioning pvp in something that was literally not about PvP and was never intended to be, which should have been exceptionally clear when they said it was a living story announcement.

In the past when they drop things like this there has usually been something about the other 2 game modes, PvE is the main feature pack but not all of it. Usually like with HoT or PoF and the "expansion like content" there is also things for all game modes to enjoy.

Instead of touching up on those areas this time round its apparent they've discarded them and joke about it. This event was nothing but proof to what many feared, pvp is a joke and not worth thier time.

As players, we just have to accept it and do what makes us feel better about it... for me, I dumped $150 into LoL last night for Little Legends out of spite.