Potential Future Balance Update and Future Plans for Competitive

@Justine.6351 said:

People solo roam. I know because when I solo roam I find them and we both have a good time fighting each other and others on the map.And otherwise, Everytime I enter WvW the guild I run with has a good time even when fighting a server like blackgate. People need to stop being so unchill when it comes to WvW. Anet can't fix unchill people with a patch. People want anet to hold their hands and make everything all square and fair for WvW. Might as well put them all in a boring plain white box with sticks. Pitchforking really is the peasant's solution though, as displayed time and again on the wvw forum.

Keep dreaming of that amazing patch that will magically fix all those trumped up problems in a game mode that people have kept calling dead for the past 6 years.

Ah, of course, in the NA servers maybe it's a thing. In Europe, It's NOT.

And for your data, I don't think the Alliances will fix a kitten. I'm against the Alliances 'cos they'll be a poor patch that probably will only make worse the things. I already suggested what should be done, and within the ideas I give, Alliances aren't in the list.

#shameforGW2

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JTGuevara.9018 said:

@Frostchant.1523 said:Why not touching this topic during the announcement?

Cuz it was a Living World announcement

@JTGuevara.9018 said:Too little, too late.

I am hanging on this game by a THREAD thanks to the good will of my guild and my friends, otherwise I would've been long gone. Still, I think it's telling that this post happened merely hours after the "big" announcement. gw2 has lost its way.

Its a living world announcement

Yeah, an "announcement" that confirms what we already knew! (season 5)

Come on bruh, I wasn't born yesterday...

If you already knew, then why did you watch it

Critical insight & time doesn't work here.

I really love Guild Wars 2 WvW, but I'm very disappointed with this post.

We can't stop the nothingness that is insidiously approaching our Worlds.

Same Marketing & Team Creation Mechanics...Look big & strong, but without Critical Insight & Real Coding...we'll continue to lose our World populations & ANet will financially be swallowed up by the nothingness that's being nurtured by their decisions in the Long-Term. Decisions that choose to ignore, censor, or remain ignorant to the WvW community's feedback is how I feel.

WvW needs to be given a new Match-Up model...that doesn't manipulate Team Creation to create an Illusion of Competition.

WvW needs a new Match-Up model that encourages healthy & Real Competition to lure players back to play with all their friends & family...that can be done in 5 simple steps...imho

ANet's Marketing & Team Creation Mechanics.

They only looked big & strong.

Yours truly,Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

Many on the nerfs to necro: I am fine with that, but please add something to survive long fights other than Parasitic Contagion (witch is not a vaiable option in pvp/wvw). It is already really difficult to survive the burst from almost all other classes. Maybe increase the healing power Multiplier on some skills so it becomes more of a viable stat.
I am mainly fighting 1v1 in wvw and stacking all the defences (full trailblazer with dmg reduction food ) is sometimes still not enough to get 1 shot by rangers or deadeyes before you can even atack them, running away is not an option since they are a lot faster.

@"Stephane Lo Presti.7258" said:Hi everyone,

We want to bring your attention to two threads that is of interest to the Guild Wars 2 community but since they are in different subforums, we're sharing links here:

Future Plans: Competitive

Potential Future Balance Changes

Could you add something to squads that would reward people for joining squads. Something like if 10 people are in a squad you get 10% WVW experience, 20 people in squad 10% to reward track progress, 30 people in squad +1 PIP, 40 in squad -5% damage reduction, 50 in squad +5% dmg output. I always see commanders struggling to get people to join their squads. Just a thought.

@Nexxus.5347 said:

We want to bring your attention to two threads that is of interest to the Guild Wars 2 community but since they are in different subforums, we're sharing links here:

Could you add something to squads that would reward people for joining squads. Something like if 10 people are in a squad you get 10% WVW experience, 20 people in squad 10% to reward track progress, 30 people in squad +1 PIP, 40 in squad -5% damage reduction, 50 in squad +5% dmg output. I always see commanders struggling to get people to join their squads. Just a thought.

So.., the bigger the blob, the bigger their advantage over just the base numbers??

• Pips: I don’t care
  • WxP: I don’t care
  • Reward track progress? Mmmm. Maybe

But hell-to-the-no for damage reduction and damage output buffs

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:ppl, making demands isn't going to get you anywhere. play a different game and wait for the content to be done if you are this enraged. for your own health and sanity.

Certainly there are some posters whose tone might be considered demanding, but there are many who are in the the state of having gone down on their knees to beg, plead, and cajole. And they have a right to express that desperation. After all, they've been making the same requests for years while receiving mostly nothing but prevarications and evasions from the people they are making those requests to. As for waiting for the content to be "done:" they HAVE been waiting.

And waiting.And waiting.And then waiting some more.

@SnowMochi.7602 said:

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:ppl, making demands isn't going to get you anywhere. play a different game and wait for the content to be done if you are this enraged. for your own health and sanity.

Certainly there are some posters whose tone might be considered demanding, but there are many who are in the the state of having gone down on their knees to beg, plead, and cajole. And they have a right to express that desperation. After all, they've been making the same requests for
years
while receiving mostly nothing but prevarications and evasions from the people they are making those requests to. As for waiting for the content to be "done:" they HAVE been waiting.

I think its mostly that i'm jealous ppl still have hope lol.yeah I get it... but I can't help myself from saying something about it anyways.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:ppl, making demands isn't going to get you anywhere. play a different game and wait for the content to be done if you are this enraged. for your own health and sanity.

Certainly there are some posters whose tone might be considered demanding, but there are many who are in the the state of having gone down on their knees to beg, plead, and cajole. And they have a right to express that desperation. After all, they've been making the same requests for
years
while receiving mostly nothing but prevarications and evasions from the people they are making those requests to. As for waiting for the content to be "done:" they HAVE been waiting.

I think its mostly that i'm jealous ppl still have hope lol.yeah I get it... but I can't help myself from saying something about it anyways.

This is true. :)I was going to add that after a certain point, if the request isn't being heard or something, and one's patience is at an end, then yes, I agree: pass the time by doing something else enjoyable (and healthier). Patience does have a limit, after all!

Pretty sure people logging off and silently waiting for Anet to "get it" is why they think pvp/wvw populations are a lost cause

@Nexxus.5347 said:

no stat bonus pls. its already hard to kill a bigger group.

@Swamurabi.7890 said:I find it amusing that two Anet threads directly affecting WvW are NOT found in the WvW forums.

I agree. It’s also that the ‘balance update’ part is stickied in ‘Professions’ subforum which makes sense, and the ‘Competitive’ one is stickied in sPvP sub forum which also makes sense.

Our link to it though? Not stickies and dropping unless posts...

@Cambeleg.7632 said:

@"Justine.6351" said:I'm sorry what exactly was promised? WvW is everything I expected and more. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't. But go ahead and stomp your feet and threaten to quit or something. That solves many things I heard, from my 5 year old cousin.

You are kidding, right? Seriously WvW is "everything you expected and more"?

Roaming like before the structure upgrades, is DEAD since time ago. You barely will find a solo roamer more than five minutes in several servers 'cos, as soon as they're killed, the call the hordes for getting a kitten campament.

The fights stopped being fun when Arenanet made balance patches unknowing
what
is being played in WvW. And yes, the fact they split the balances for every game mode was a shy, but good step... but
not enough
since clearly they don't play it really. Or should I remember how a developer who isn't in the company anymore dared to say "WvW is fine" playing in the server located in
last place
in the leaderboard in Europe?
How
the hell a dev can dare to say such thing without checking the server status prolly?

WvW is
far
to be what is supposed to be. Siege should be challenging and fun, not "let see how many sieges we can put inside for defending", either "oh, this server is empty, let stomp the map for PvDoor!". Battles should be fun, and not "grab moar necros and bubbles!". Matchups
should
be fun, and not the kitten Groundhog Day week after week!

You ask about promises? Good, let talk about promises... like making WvW
worth
to be played, with a balanced system and teams. They sold the Linking World as the way to balance... and let me remember, what happened with this? OH! Guild Wars 2 became *Bandwagoning Wars 2".

And you say that "WvW is everything you expected and more"? Well, look outside and see how many *don't" think as you.

#shameforGW2

I'm not sure where these people come from. Perhaps they should've included /s in their post. WvW was fun for a long while. It hasn't been in a long while. It may or may never be as fun as it was, and tbf it's too late for most of those that left already.

@Kaiser.9873 said:I'm not sure where these people come from. Perhaps they should've included /s in their post. WvW was fun for a long while. It hasn't been in a long while. It may or may never be as fun as it was, and tbf it's too late for most of those that left already.I'm a bit lost with your words. Could you explain me exactly about what they're related, please?