Nice changes anet :)

Leonidrex.5649

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/85188/potential-future-balance-changes/p1

TLDRWe noticed that mesmer is not utterly worthles on mid fights, so we decided to nerf Illusion of Life by about 50%, now the class should be in its rightfull place.Since we removed Chaotic Interuption last patch and dont feel like adding it back we gonna give you something useless so you cant select it anymore, please enjoy.

At least chaos storm rng interrupt is gone. Propably overall nerf too but i welcome it. No more 2x chaos storm res/stop denial i guess another hit to mid fights.Dont care about mantras, they suck anyways. How about fix some freaking bugs like ambushes hitting walls, phantasms being retarded clones not attacking targets or thievery randomly not working, ugh.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TLDR : We noticed someone still playing the class, we decided to delete everything they have left, we even deleted chrono to make sure it dies, someone still playing and making videos about it, we dont like it.Chaos interruption existed? Pffff, after the changes it wont. (it was hard to remove immob, so hard to do... trash coders lol)And its WvW focused about ZERGS... mantras...zergs..does it really oneshot entire blobs? Or its "balanced" around stupid ascended stats and offensive/defensive food*?Yet another power mesmer nerf as a whole instead of condi mirage, lul

@"praqtos.9035" said:TLDR : We noticed someone still playing the class, we decided to delete everything they have left, we even deleted chrono to make sure it dies, someone still playing and making videos about it, we dont like it.Chaos interruption existed? Pffff, after the changes it wont. (it was hard to remove immob, so hard to do... trash coders lol)And its WvW focused about ZERGS... mantras...zergs..does it really oneshot entire blobs? Or its "balanced" around stupid ascended stats and offensive/defensive food*?Yet another power mesmer nerf as a whole instead of condi mirage, lul

I dont even think condi needs nerfs anymore, had premade 5v5 games yesterday.enemy team had DPS firebrand that didnt take any dmg from me, projectile block,reflect,block,evade,invul,cleanse,heal,resistance.... 60s of whacking him nonstop, no damge, nothing. deadeye arrives, he dies in 0,5s. facepalm.

I can understand the Mantra and Chaos Storm changes, but why nerf Illusion of Life? I haven't seen that skill used in ages. Also, the new chaotic interruption seems... utterly random. I mean, I don't PVP with Mesmers that often, but last I checked they don't really spam their weapon skills that much. They're more tactical. At most, you have a 3/5 chance of reducing one skill, and a 2/5 chance of doing nothing.

@"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:I can understand the Mantra and Chaos Storm changes, but why nerf Illusion of Life? I haven't seen that skill used in ages. Also, the new chaotic interruption seems... utterly random. I mean, I don't PVP with Mesmers that often, but last I checked they don't really spam their weapon skills that much. They're more tactical. At most, you have a 3/5 chance of reducing one skill, and a 2/5 chance of doing nothing.

ANet probably saw use it in a WvW zerg fight where it does have a short CD, a short cast time and a reliable probability to effectively rally a player. This skill have the same issue than necromancer's LF gain from death, it's unexpectidly super effective in zerg fight and almost useless everywhere else. If you take into account that the whole patch seem to be focused on shortening the zergs fights in WvW, the change is "logical". (Obviously, as soon as you take into account more than zergs fight, it's just the skill being nerfed to oblivion)

If chaos storm is 1st tick only and nothing else, then it is a nerf overall because opponents will know after the first tick to just facetank in it and pressure you anyway (especially with CI proposed change so no worry about immobilise anymore). On a 35s base cooldown that would be pretty bad, especially given how bad staff 4 also is untraited anyway.

There should be a quality of life for predictable daze on one of the ticks - first, second or last, but should also be rng daze around that as present - or have some other compensation if removing remaining daze.

@Curunen.8729 said:If chaos storm is 1st tick only and nothing else, then it is a nerf overall because opponents will know after the first tick to just facetank in it and pressure you anyway (especially with CI proposed change so no worry about immobilise anymore). On a 35s base cooldown that would be pretty bad, especially given how bad staff 4 also is untraited anyway.

There should be a quality of life for predictable daze on one of the ticks - first, second or last, but should also be rng daze around that as present - or have some other compensation if removing remaining daze.

this rng daze was annoying and im glad its removed, but it IS a nerf. in the end im preety sure cmirage will be by far THE WORST class/spec for midfights, with literarly nothing to bring.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Curunen.8729" said:If chaos storm is 1st tick only and nothing else, then it is a nerf overall because opponents will know after the first tick to just facetank in it and pressure you anyway (especially with CI proposed change so no worry about immobilise anymore). On a 35s base cooldown that would be pretty bad, especially given how bad staff 4 also is untraited anyway.

this rng daze was annoying and im glad its removed, but it IS a nerf. in the end im preety sure cmirage will be by far THE WORST class/spec for midfights, with literarly nothing to bring.

I just don't want staff to end up being even more of a "1+2" spam weapon with three mediocre skills two of which are on long cooldowns.

Chaos storm daze being only on first tick would dramatically reduce it's strength. They should add a stacking effect on the storm, daze on first tick and after they take 3 hits from the storm they get dazed again. Then it's predictable, and the enemy can still tank it if they want, but they know standing in it is still not good, then the skill still gets to perform it's functionality, that of zoning enemies off that area.

Another option would be to reduce the CD on it, since it is currently fairly long.

PvP view :

Illusion of Life: Increase the cooldown of this skill from 75 to 90 seconds in PvP & WvW and reduced the duration from 15 seconds to 8 seconds of its effect in PvP & WvW.

Yeah nerf the only skill left who can have game impact if used at the right moment in PvP. There is too much mesmers in top 100 btw...Power Break (Mantra of Pain): This skill now requires you to face your target and respects line of sight.Don't mind.Power Lock (Mantra of Distraction): This skill now requires you to face your target and respects line of sight.Ok, then the issue is that this skill is as much used for offensive rupt as for defensive rupt. So basically that's a big defensive nerf in thoses common situations :

• You are running/kitting a SB, you can't rupt key skills anymore. (And no it's not a good idead to stay melee versus this.).
  • You are running/kitting a Holo, you can't rupt key skills anymore. (Basically it mean get hit for 8k+.).
  • You are facing a thief, you will get very hard time rupting him with his back teleports.

While all thoses crappy class can temporize while not facing ennemies... Same for other top 5 metabattle class who can use aoe from behind with no target.Thanks anet to add more nerf to IoL and PowerLock (after nerfing confusion) so that all casuals players can play mindlessly and enjoy the game by promoting pegi4 gameplay ...

Chaos Storm: This skill now always dazes on the first strike but can no longer randomly daze on other strikes. This change also applies to Lesser Chaos Storm. Added skill fact to show chaos storm's duration.

Nice, now people can facetank in AoE during stomp/rez. As say above, let's make staff a 2 spells weapon.Chaotic Interruption: This trait has been re-worked and now reduces the cooldown of one of your weapon abilities by 5 seconds when you interrupt a foe.In which world a mesmer with all gameplay oriented about shatter have usefull weapon skill ????

I have just a question : what is mesmer supposed to do in PvP ?+1 : no.duel : no.teamfight (heal, cc, aoe damage or boon remove) : no.kisscool utility (like portal/moa/IoL.) : no.noob eater : yes as it will always be as long as there is noob who can't select mesmer between his clone.

@viquing.8254 said:PvP view :

Illusion of Life: Increase the cooldown of this skill from 75 to 90 seconds in PvP & WvW and reduced the duration from 15 seconds to 8 seconds of its effect in PvP & WvW.

Yeah nerf the only skill left who can have game impact if used at the right moment in PvP. There is too much mesmers in top 100 btw...Power Break (Mantra of Pain): This skill now requires you to face your target and respects line of sight.Don't mind.Power Lock (Mantra of Distraction): This skill now requires you to face your target and respects line of sight.Ok, then the issue is that this skill is as much used for offensive rupt as for defensive rupt. So basically that's a big defensive nerf in thoses common situations :
  • You are running/kitting a SB, you can't rupt key skills anymore. (And no it's not a good idead to stay melee versus this.).
  • You are running/kitting a Holo, you can't rupt key skills anymore. (Basically it mean get hit for 8k+.).
  • You are facing a thief, you will get very hard time rupting him with his back teleports.

While all thoses crappy class can temporize while not facing ennemies... Same for other top 5 metabattle class who can use aoe from behind with no target.Thanks anet to add more nerf to IoL and PowerLock (after nerfing confusion) so that all casuals players can play mindlessly and enjoy the game by promoting pegi4 gameplay ...
    Chaos Storm: This skill now always dazes on the first strike but can no longer randomly daze on other strikes. This change also applies to Lesser Chaos Storm. Added skill fact to show chaos storm's duration.

Nice, now people can facetank in AoE during stomp/rez. As say above, let's make staff a 2 spells weapon.Chaotic Interruption: This trait has been re-worked and now reduces the cooldown of one of your weapon abilities by 5 seconds when you interrupt a foe.In which world a mesmer with all gameplay oriented about shatter have usefull weapon skill ????

I have just a question : what is mesmer supposed to do in PvP ?+1 : no.duel : no.teamfight (heal, cc, aoe damage or boon remove) : no.kisscool utility (like portal/moa/IoL.) : no.noob eater : yes as it will always be as long as there is noob who can't select mesmer between his clone.

sums it up, first timing thief is stronger and more fun the playing mirage that i tryharded for 4+ months. lets nerf some more Poggers.

The IoL nerf is one of the funniest things ive seen in a long time. Just shows they have Nerfed everything possible and now have to nerf one of the least used skills in the game.Then nerfing Mantras too? (which are already pretty bad) means they are scrapping the very bottom of the barrel for more Mesmer nerfs.

Mesmer

Illusion of Life: Increase the cooldown of this skill from 75 to 90 seconds in PvP & WvW and reduced the duration from 15 seconds to 8 seconds of its effect in PvP & WvW.Welcome change. Thank you ANET. We needed exactly this type of re-work. I understand there will be many cries but this is the right direction. We need the same CD increase and duration decrease across all Mesmer skills.

Power Break (Mantra of Pain): This skill now requires you to face your target and respects line of sight.Welcome change again. Make these mesmers do some work rather than spam skills. But we still need nerfs to this skill.

Power Lock (Mantra of Distraction): This skill now requires you to face your target and respects line of sight.Same as above but still neeeds nerfs.

Chaos Storm: This skill now always dazes on the first strike but can no longer randomly daze on other strikes. This change also applies to Lesser Chaos Storm. Added skill fact to show chaos storm's duration.Welcome change again. CC reduction is needed. Mesmers must loose at least 60% of their current CC abilities.

Chaotic Interruption: This trait has been re-worked and now reduces the cooldown of one of your weapon abilities by 5 seconds when you interrupt a foe.This is stil going to be overpowered. Any reduction to mesmer CDs is not welcome. Please remove the CD reduction.

@Curunen.8729 said:^Illusionary Warden: removed the defensive bubble. This phantasm now only throws axes.Still overpowered, it already does damage as well as spawning a clone after its attack, it should only do one or the other.

ye Medic is getting HARD reading these changes, ill add my own.Mind Stab it deals damage AND removes a boon.Still overpowered, it already deals damage and removes boon, it shold just remove a boon. Not both.

@BadMed.3846 said:Mesmer

Illusion of Life: Increase the cooldown of this skill from 75 to 90 seconds in PvP & WvW and reduced the duration from 15 seconds to 8 seconds of its effect in PvP & WvW.Welcome change. Thank you ANET. We needed exactly this type of re-work. I understand there will be many cries but this is the right direction. We need the same CD increase and duration decrease across all Mesmer skills.

Power Break (Mantra of Pain): This skill now requires you to face your target and respects line of sight.Welcome change again. Make these mesmers do some work rather than spam skills. But we still need nerfs to this skill.

Power Lock (Mantra of Distraction): This skill now requires you to face your target and respects line of sight.Same as above but still neeeds nerfs.

Chaos Storm: This skill now always dazes on the first strike but can no longer randomly daze on other strikes. This change also applies to Lesser Chaos Storm. Added skill fact to show chaos storm's duration.Welcome change again. CC reduction is needed. Mesmers must loose at least 60% of their current CC abilities.

Chaotic Interruption: This trait has been re-worked and now reduces the cooldown of one of your weapon abilities by 5 seconds when you interrupt a foe.This is stil going to be overpowered. Any reduction to mesmer CDs is not welcome. Please remove the CD reduction.

@Curunen.8729 said:^Illusionary Warden: removed the defensive bubble. This phantasm now only throws axes.Still overpowered, it already does damage as well as spawning a clone after its attack, it should only do one or the other.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Curunen.8729 said:^Illusionary Warden: removed the defensive bubble. This phantasm now only throws axes.
Still overpowered, it already does damage as well as spawning a clone after its attack, it should only do one or the other.

ye Medic is getting HARD reading these changes, ill add my own.Mind Stab it deals damage AND removes a boon.
Still overpowered, it already deals damage and removes boon, it shold just remove a boon. Not both.

Let me sum up these 3 posts. "We won't be happy until Mesmer is useless in any PVP/WVW Content because Reasons."

@Richard Marcinko.5132 said:

Mesmer

Welcome change. Thank you ANET. We needed exactly this type of re-work. I understand there will be many cries but this is the right direction. We need the same CD increase and duration decrease across all Mesmer skills.

Power Break (Mantra of Pain): This skill now requires you to face your target and respects line of sight.
Welcome change again. Make these mesmers do some work rather than spam skills. But we still need nerfs to this skill.

Power Lock (Mantra of Distraction): This skill now requires you to face your target and respects line of sight.
Same as above but still neeeds nerfs.

Welcome change again. CC reduction is needed. Mesmers must loose at least 60% of their current CC abilities.

Chaotic Interruption: This trait has been re-worked and now reduces the cooldown of one of your weapon abilities by 5 seconds when you interrupt a foe.
This is stil going to be overpowered. Any reduction to mesmer CDs is not welcome. Please remove the CD reduction.

@Curunen.8729 said:^Illusionary Warden: removed the defensive bubble. This phantasm now only throws axes.
Still overpowered, it already does damage as well as spawning a clone after its attack, it should only do one or the other.

ye Medic is getting HARD reading these changes, ill add my own.Mind Stab it deals damage AND removes a boon.
Still overpowered, it already deals damage and removes boon, it shold just remove a boon. Not both.

Let me sum up these 3 posts. "We won't be happy until Mesmer is useless in any PVP/WVW Content because Reasons."You can ignore of all of BadMeds posts. He brings nothing of value to the table as far as constructive criticism goes so it’s best to ignore him and move on.

@Richard Marcinko.5132 said:

Mesmer

Welcome change. Thank you ANET. We needed exactly this type of re-work. I understand there will be many cries but this is the right direction. We need the same CD increase and duration decrease across all Mesmer skills.

Power Break (Mantra of Pain): This skill now requires you to face your target and respects line of sight.
Welcome change again. Make these mesmers do some work rather than spam skills. But we still need nerfs to this skill.

Power Lock (Mantra of Distraction): This skill now requires you to face your target and respects line of sight.

Welcome change again. CC reduction is needed. Mesmers must loose at least 60% of their current CC abilities.

Chaotic Interruption: This trait has been re-worked and now reduces the cooldown of one of your weapon abilities by 5 seconds when you interrupt a foe.
This is stil going to be overpowered. Any reduction to mesmer CDs is not welcome. Please remove the CD reduction.

Let me sum up these 3 posts. "We won't be happy until Mesmer is useless in any PVP/WVW Content because Reasons."

Maybe I should have added /s

@BadMed.3846 said:

Mesmer

Let me sum up these 3 posts. "We won't be happy until Mesmer is useless in any PVP/WVW Content because Reasons."You can ignore of all of BadMeds posts. He brings nothing of value to the table as far as constructive criticism goes so it’s best to ignore him and move on.

Someone failed to ignore. But I won't ignore nor I will be mesmerised. Messmer needs more nerfs!

And where are the vids/screens of you playing mesmer to highlight how op it is ?

@viquing.8254 said:

Mesmer

Someone failed to ignore. But I won't ignore nor I will be mesmerised. Messmer needs more nerfs!

And where are the vids/screens of you playing mesmer to highlight how op it is ?

No. I don't often play the broken class. I only try it sometimes. Anyhow, posting a video to prove it is irrelevant.

The simple fact that a class is able to dish out incredible amount of CC, insane Condi pressure with confusion, torment and bleeding and yet be able to effortlessly disengage at will is absurd and should not exist in game. Surely the Mirage has been toned down slightly by Anet. But there is way more needed to make this spec fair in matchups. I don't understand why most of you insist on saving this utterly broken spec. Maybe you are just incapable of playing other classes that are far more balanced.

There is a reason why I only complain about Mesmer. The other specs are fine and the game is great. Only Mesmer needs HEAVY HANDED nerfs.