Future of PvE in Guild Wars 2. How do I see it

Xar.6279

@"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:You say that like the "hardcore" players are any different. Gut raid and fractal rewards and see how many people stick around.

Raid rewards pale in comparison to the more lucrative open world farms, yet some players still run Raids. All the Raid wings are run, even the older ones, can't say the same about most of the Living World maps, especially the older ones. That's because, when you have lots of content that is mind blowing easy it's only natural for those playing it to find the best path to gold (path of least resistance) and play only that alone, neglecting the rest of the game.

We've seen that countless times so far, starting with Citadel of Flame Path 1 back on release, then we moved on to many others, Silverwastes, Auric Basin ML, Istan, Dragonfall, Fractals like Molten Boss and Underwater or whatever else, I'm not following the farms of the game because I despise them. Yet I know about them due to posts all over the place and the annoying crying of those farmers when their easy mode content is nerfed.

All I'm saying is that if Strikes are that type of easy content, they will conflict with Silverwastes, or whatever the current best farm is, and die rather quickly. They will attract players for the novelty and because they are new. Raids work because they have some exclusive rewards, that's the only way for Strikes to survive.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic