How is it that when i play a bad meme build i either destroy, even 1v2, or get destroyed

Anput.4620

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:He is running a power build with a Condi weapon..... these people were wearing blues and were clueless.You keep saying that but the flamethrower has
always
been a power weapon when it comes to the AA. Even after the condi portion buff. Anyone thats not entirerly clueless about the engineer should know this.

I may just resemble that remark.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't get why poeple are so much against the idea of less handholding and carebearing, poeple seem so attached to these concepts in this game.

Why is it bad that i want these things? I just want a good game. I keep hearing bad, but i am not saying anything particulary bad or unfair.

@Anput.4620 said:I really don't get why poeple are so much against the idea of less handholding and carebearing, poeple seem so attached to these concepts in this game.

Why is it bad that i want these things? I just want a good game. I keep hearing bad, but i am not saying anything particulary bad or unfair.

its not bad. ppl just have opinions on things.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

@Anput.4620 said:I really don't get why poeple are so much against the idea of less handholding and carebearing, poeple seem so attached to these concepts in this game.

Yeah and why is mine so unpopular here? Seems to be the common sense in about every other PvP game i play.

@Anput.4620 said:

Yeah and why is mine so unpopular here? Seems to be the common sense in about every other PvP game i play.

well some are popular and some are not. =)

@Sovereign.1093 said:

I have shown the current situation with mounts to world PvPers from other MMO's and some non-MMO PvP game players and they found it laughable and insane that this was allowed to be implemented in its current state lol.

One of them even commented a big essay on game design and for PvP games on anet because he found this so wierd and know i care about this game.

I just have no fun anymore, i used to go into WvW with any build, just run around and kill poeple, now i feel like theres barely anything to do and there is only toxic situations involving the mount, i just do a few duels at south sentry once a week at best maybe, because there is no world PvP to be had, i see more PvE in this PvP mode than actual PvP.

How will poeple ever see this as a serious endgame mode when there is just dumbing down and more handholding? I really don't get the direction here. I barely play but i still comment here because i do care and i do want to play this game and have fun again.

Oh and i play music ingame like thats the main reason i still log in since mounts lol.

@Anput.4620 said:

I have shown the current situation with mounts to world PvPers from other MMO's and some non-MMO PvP game players and they found it laughable and insane that this was allowed to be implemented in its current state lol.

One of them even commented a big essay on game design and for PvP games on anet because he found this so wierd and know i care about this game.

I just have no fun anymore, i used to go into WvW with any build, just run around and kill poeple, now i feel like theres barely anything to do and there is only toxic situations involving the mount, i just do a few duels at south sentry once a week at best maybe, because there is no world PvP to be had, i see more PvE in this PvP mode than actual PvP.

How will poeple ever see this as a serious endgame mode when there is just dumbing down and more handholding? I really don't get the direction here. I barely play but i still comment here because i do care and i do want to play this game and have fun again.

Oh and i play music ingame like thats the main reason i still log in since mounts lol.

I have my concern with mounts too, but what you are not realizing is that a ton of other mmos, who also have owpvp, have mounts. Not like it’s a new concept only for gw2.

Your op and that video are for what purpose? If you don’t like wvw then go to spvp period, right? You get pvp fights and no mounts there, so take advantage of it.

@"Anput.4620" said:I have shown the current situation with mounts to world PvPers from other MMO'sWhat other MMO's?

and some non-MMO PvP game playersHow are non-MMO PVP games comparable at all? Completely different game modes and objectives. So who cares?

I just have no fun anymore, ...Stop playing.

How will poeple ever see this as a serious endgame modeWhen was WvW promoted as endgame mode? WvW was never even "world vs world" because of toxic players/guilds who don't get the concept at all.

If you want duels, go to sPvP. There are enough bad players to complain about too. But ppl complaining about bad duels in a mode that's not only about duels, are hypocrites.

Oh and i play music ingame like thats the main reason i still log in since mounts lol.Maybe the better choice? :p

Anput,

You are not exactly wrong its just that you are behind the curve on the wvw communities ability to gaf. Fake fronting your ideals isn't really helping and certainly not to people who can't read between the lines, aka these forums. It doesn't help that nobody knows who you are besides your string of threads and posts that fall along this line so the wvw forum community always perceives you in the same narrow minded light.

If you want people to listen and understand you, you need to create a non-toxic image first and build a more experienced and favorable reputation. Right now you are just digging a hole.

I know this because I did a similar thing, like my "chill bleed reapers & necromancers in general are going to overrun wvw" thread on the old forums and all I got was laughed at. Its stupid because I predicted the necromancer overrun years ago and people were dismissive of it and even recently I reminded one of them and he was still dismissive of not what I said back then, but dismissive of ME. People often cannot separate debating people rather than debating ideas and forums/reddits are obnoxious environments for that. Don't expect that to change, its only going to get worse.

It's not bad ... it's just not realistic. Unfortunately, the game is good for some people the way it is ... just not you. Anet went one way ... you are asking them to go COMPLETELY the opposite way.

You've admitted it multiple times yourself ... these decisions are based on where the money is at. You always try to make that sound like a bad thing to seem like on the 'good' side to make what you want seem more like the right thing to do. These things are not about being right or wrong or you're good, he's bad.

The honest answer here to you is always the same; if you don't like the game, don't play it. You are the customer of a service. We've gone through this before.

It will ALWAYS be the case that you either destroy, be destroyed or you have an endless fight. The only variables are to which % each case happens. As Long as you don't win a marjory of ALL solo/smallscale WvW fights you should reconsider your build or keep on honing your skills. However, you will never win all fights or lose all fights

Usually the people who die to meme builds are casual players or newbies.

Any veteran can detect something off meta the moment yu pop a few skill combos.

And then it's all up to game knowledge to guess what yu are running and heavily punish the meme build after it's predicted combo.

• 2 weeks later...

@Obtena.7952 said:

It's not bad ... it's just not realistic. Unfortunately, the game is good for some people the way it is ... just not you. Anet went one way ... you are asking them to go COMPLETELY the opposite way.

You've admitted it multiple times yourself ... these decisions are based on where the money is at. You always try to make that sound like a bad thing to seem like on the 'good' side to make what you want seem more like the right thing to do. These things are not about being right or wrong or you're good, he's bad.

The honest answer here to you is always the same; if you don't like the game, don't play it. You are the customer of a service. We've gone through this before.

Except the way the poeple here are defending it, unlike you, is using arguments that these mechanics make a good competitive PvP game.

@Anput.4620 said:

Except the way the poeple here are defending it, unlike you, is using arguments that these mechanics make a good competitive PvP game.

Well, considering the kinds of people that play this game, it is competitive for them. Good or not, it's the people this game has. Why would Anet not continue to build content around the kinds of people that play this game?

In OP's defense, he has been notorious for playing meme builds. He has asked for the permastealth meme DE build (prenerf), he had switched to meme soulbeast (yes, the oneshot pewpew etc prenerf, while complaining that people wont fight him), you get the picture. My tip, OP, is that if you ACTUALLY want to post vids, of your skill and that of your enemies, post a vid of you playing against proper roamers, not the average "ima do ma dailies pve style" kind of people. And share the results.Till then, "meme builds", indeed.

@"Voltekka.2375" said:In OP's defense, he has been notorious for playing meme builds. He has asked for the permastealth meme DE build (prenerf), he had switched to meme soulbeast (yes, the oneshot pewpew etc prenerf, while complaining that people wont fight him), you get the picture. My tip, OP, is that if you ACTUALLY want to post vids, of your skill and that of your enemies, post a vid of you playing against proper roamers, not the average "ima do ma dailies pve style" kind of people. And share the results.Till then, "meme builds", indeed.

I don't play those at all, well except this one, also, those first 2 are actual meta builds poeple used, not meme builds,, ive also never played glass longbow, always balanced longbow with survival skills because it is plain better, but only since mounts. My favourite build is boonbeast. Is any builds not used to hit doors in PvE a meme build to you?

I don't play anymore though, ill wait for the dismount skill.

This is not a build you see anywhere, it is flamethrower lol.

@Obtena.7952 said:

Well, considering the kinds of people that play this game, it is competitive for them. Good or not, it's the people this game has. Why would Anet not continue to build content around the kinds of people that play this game?

"For them" "the kinds of poeple" lol, if i play any other game in my library the average skill level is way up, playing a new open world PvP mmo rn and most poeple are good at the game, some are average and there is very few bad poeple, how oh how. Theres also big fights at every siege, no ktraining and pvdooring.

But yeah all the serious fight guilds are leaving for nothing rite.

@Anput.4620 said:

@"Voltekka.2375" said:In OP's defense, he has been notorious for playing meme builds. He has asked for the permastealth meme DE build (prenerf), he had switched to meme soulbeast (yes, the oneshot pewpew etc prenerf, while complaining that people wont fight him), you get the picture. My tip, OP, is that if you ACTUALLY want to post vids, of your skill and that of your enemies, post a vid of you playing against proper roamers, not the average "ima do ma dailies pve style" kind of people. And share the results.Till then, "meme builds", indeed.

I don't play those at all, well except this one, also, those first 2 are actual meta builds poeple used, not meme builds,, ive also never played glass longbow, always balanced longbow with survival skills because it is plain better, but only since mounts. My favourite build is boonbeast. Is any builds not used to hit doors in PvE a meme build to you?

"For them" "the kinds of poeple" lol, if i play any other game in my library the average skill level is way up, playing a new open world PvP mmo rn and most poeple are good at the game, some are average and there is very few bad poeple, how oh how. Theres also big fights at every siege, no ktraining and pvdooring.

"meta" builds. Sure. Thats why its called memebeast, yep.I am still waiting for a vid against proper roamers btw.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:In OP's defense, he has been notorious for playing meme builds. He has asked for the permastealth meme DE build (prenerf), he had switched to meme soulbeast (yes, the oneshot pewpew etc prenerf, while complaining that people wont fight him), you get the picture. My tip, OP, is that if you ACTUALLY want to post vids, of your skill and that of your enemies, post a vid of you playing against proper roamers, not the average "ima do ma dailies pve style" kind of people. And share the results.Till then, "meme builds", indeed.

"meta" builds. Sure. Thats why its called memebeast, yep.I am still waiting for a vid against proper roamers btw.

When has the build ever been called that? It has always been called sicc-em roamer in the roamer community and on metabattle, that build isn't even good compared to regular longbow and boonbeast, poeple are just salty it can kill their invincible mount.

How does sicc em roamer beat holo or mesmer btw? Seeing as the nerfs make sense to you and many others.

@"Anput.4620" said:"For them" "the kinds of poeple" lol, if i play any other game in my library the average skill level is way up, playing a new open world PvP mmo rn and most poeple are good at the game, some are average and there is very few bad poeple, how oh how. Theres also big fights at every siege, no ktraining and pvdooring.

You can make all the jokes you want and insult the skill level of the people ... but that's the reality of who this game is made to service ... and it's a successful formula for Anet for 7 years now. The part I don't get is that you can't figure out that the whole business model of the game is based on the idea that there was a segment of the market that wanted this kind of content aimed towards them and Anet recognized that. The skill level you loathe IS that market; they are literally the people that sustain this game.

... so the question still stands ... Why would Anet not continue to build content around the kinds of people that play this game? Of course they are going to REGARDLESS of what the skill level of those people are. If there is a massively underserved market of hardcore top level PVP players who want to have a WvW-like experience, then there is either a game out there that serves those players or their might be an opportunity for another visionary to come along and make that game, similar to what Anet did. But make no mistake, there isn't any reality where Anet does that with GW2. The whole platform and concept of the game is exactly the opposite to what is needed in a game to serve those hardcore top level PVP players.

Pick your game wisely if you don't want to wake up 7 years from now and think "Oh this game's all wrong" because that's all about you, not the game.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@"Anput.4620" said:"For them" "the kinds of poeple" lol, if i play any other game in my library the average skill level is way up, playing a new open world PvP mmo rn and most poeple are good at the game, some are average and there is very few bad poeple, how oh how. Theres also big fights at every siege, no ktraining and pvdooring.

You can make all the jokes you want and insult the skill level of the people ... but that's the reality of who this game is made to service ... and it's a successful formula for Anet for 7 years now. The part I don't get is that you can't figure out that the whole business model of the game is based on the idea that there was a segment of the market that wanted this kind of content aimed towards them and Anet recognized that. The skill level you loathe IS that market; they are literally the people that sustain this game.

... so the question still stands ... Why would Anet not continue to build content around the kinds of people that play this game? Of course they are going to REGARDLESS of what the skill level of those people are. If there is a massively underserved market of hardcore top level PVP players who want to have a WvW-like experience, then there is either a game out there that serves those players or their might be an opportunity for another visionary to come along and make that game, similar to what Anet did. But make no mistake, there isn't any reality where Anet does that with GW2. The whole platform and concept of the game is exactly the opposite to what is needed in a game to serve those hardcore top level PVP players.

Pick your game wisely if you don't want to wake up 7 years from now and think "Oh this game's all wrong" because that's all about you, not the game.

Trash for trash, like i said.

Don't get me wrong, i love this game but.

Also guilds are actually leaving lol.