Does Ogre Wars still drop Sam?

Hi, I've been helping some guildies get Sam for the past 4 months. We have done it every single night, 5 of us, and no drops. I remember when I did this back before HoT came out, I completed the whole collection by myself in around 3 months, but 4 months, 5 people, 0 drops? Is it bugged? Noticed the price of that is way higher than it was before, so has the drop rate been lowered? I mean, after 7 years of playing, max account bound MF, food, banners, etc. I've never seen something with this low drop rate.. well Choya Piñata has never dropped for us either and we do it every night!

Reset your expectations. It's a very, very, very rare drop. It's not likely to drop, even after a year. Five people for 4 months is no guarantee.

Instead, keep in mind that 120 days of the event chain means you easily earned enough to buy Sam outright.(Minimum 1 rare, probably 5 champ bags, greens & blues, plus various detritus from all the adds during the chain.)

These are drop rates which, to give an idea, are closer to 0.000012% than to a positive integer value.Some players for the past 6 years have never had a single item on the list of the success in question.

That explains the price of these items.

Then, for those who would be tempted to buy them all, check out what it has to offer because you may be more than disappointed to see crying in a dark corner of the tyria afterwards.

It allows you to have a safe that opens once a day and contains, I would dare say, garbage!

I mean, it's the 3rd time i'm doing this collection in the 7 years i've been playing. Like i said i personally did it by myself before HoT came out, then about 2 years ago I helped someone get it and didn't take us more than 3 months to complete it. And yeah price wasn't as bad, which tells me they must have lowered the drop rate cause after 4 months and 5 people, no drops, which makes me wonder if they either lowered the drop rate on everything (which seems like a thing) or it's bugged.

@YtseJam.9784 said:I mean, it's the 3rd time i'm doing this collection in the 7 years i've been playing. Like i said i personally did it by myself before HoT came out, then about 2 years ago I helped someone get it and didn't take us more than 3 months to complete it. And yeah price wasn't as bad, which tells me they must have lowered the drop rate cause after 4 months and 5 people, no drops, which makes me wonder if they either lowered the drop rate on everything (which seems like a thing) or it's bugged.

The price being not as bad doesn't tell us anything about the drop rate. If fewer people run the event, the supply will drop. If more people think they can finish the collection, the demand will go up (and that's very likely because the price of other items has dropped considerably, so the collection is easier/cheaper to complete than ever). Either of those is going to cause the price to rise, without any change in the drop rate.

In addition, there's an enormous variance of time-between-drops when the rate is low. For example, in industrial precursor forging (where you forge hundreds or thousands of rares), the average number of forges between precursors is 400-800 (which is already pretty wide). And yet there are well-documented examples of people going nearly 2000 forges in a row without a pre... and others getting two within 8 tries.

tl;dr without actual before & after data that includes at least 20 drops each of Sam, it's not possible to offer a statistical opinion about whether the drop rate has changed.

Yes, the exotic trinkets keep dropping for all items in the Treasure Hunter collection.

But most of the time you will get the weird bugged fine version of the trinket that is a trinket with level 80, the single Malice stat (condition damage), and an amber pebble.If there's no way to upgrade the fine version into the exotic version, they should just remove the fine version of those trinkets. Getting the fine version feels way worse than not getting the exotic version.
They have Malice stats, for all gods' sake. Keeping then around feels like Malice enough already, them having Malice stats doesn't help with the feeling.