Shadow Meld with Rune of the Firebrand Issue

Kageseigi.2150

What exactly is a Fire Nova? Is there info on the wiki about it that I'm missing?

I'm trying to build a Deadeye around Quickness using the Rune of the Firebrand. Its sixth bonus inflicts Burning on nearby enemies when you use an elite utility. Unfortunately, it does not simply apply the Burning condition as stated in the description. Instead, it creates a Fire Nova, and it appears to cause direct damage in addition to the Burning condition.

The problem comes when I'm trying to hide in Stealth in the middle of a fight, and I try to extend Stealth with Shadow Meld. Instead of giving me a few more seconds of Stealth to get out of danger, the Fire Nova instantly Reveals me.

If there was another Quickness rune, I would use it instead. Is it working as intended for Shadow Meld to cause Revealed because of a rune's bonus? Or is this just an oversight of the design/interaction? Would it be imbalanced to add a Revealed exception for direct damage from rune bonuses?

From the concept of Shadow Meld, it seems as though it should not only remove Revealed, but it should also immunize the Thief from Revealed momentarily... at least until the skill has completed.

Thanks!

Thanks. I'm starting to lean more toward S/P now, so Stealth isn't much of an issue... Dagger Storm also seems to be more useful for my current playstyle.

Hopefully, Shadow Meld will eventually be changed to give momentary immunity to being Revealed... just long enough to avoid such instances.

Thanks again! :-D