Elementalist true potential not yet reached?

SoulGuardian.6203

I was thinking, first of all; eles really, desperately need a great sword... permanently.Not talking about the elite skill.Secondly; the elementals spawns need to have infinite time manifestation, and instead, just like necros, they would have a health bar instead.Last but not least. I would replace some weaver sword skills with better, awesome skills; such as a homing meteor that would cause a great blast and damage, but long time recharge; a sphere of electricity that would stand in mid air, releasing lighting bolts in different directions; a geyser that would knock down foes, etc.

Just a few ideas.Thanks.

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:I was thinking, first of all; eles really, desperately need a great sword... permanently.Go play Mesmer, Warrior, Guardian, Ranger or Necromancer if you want an oversized dagger.If anything, Elementalist needs a fast ranged option without ground targetting skills.

Not talking about the elite skill.Secondly; the elementals spawns need to have infinite time manifestation, and instead, just like necros, they would have a health bar instead.This would be nice, but I don't think they are going to do that.

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:Secondly; the elementals spawns need to have infinite time manifestation, and instead, just like necros, they would have a health bar instead.

They already have a health bar, so you are suggesting a major buff. It would certainly come with a nerf to their own skills.Earth elemental would be OP in solo as he is almost unkillable.Water ele could heal you indefinitely...I think they are fine as they are.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:Secondly; the elementals spawns need to have infinite time manifestation, and instead, just like necros, they would have a health bar instead.

They already have a health bar, so you are suggesting a major buff. It would certainly come with a nerf to their own skills.Earth elemental would be OP in solo as he is almost unkillable.Water ele could heal you indefinitely...I think they are fine as they are.

there's nothing op about the glyph summons even if they last indefinitely. you're basically saying necro's flesh golem is OP because it lasts indefinitely and therefore has infinite ccs which is just not true, necros also have an unkillable summon called flesh wurm that's extremely tanky and is actually used to tank a few mechanics in fractals and raids, and let's be honest, the cc from flesh golem is way more reliable than any of the useless, highly delayed skills that any of ele's elementals put out.

@LazySummer.2568 said:

there's nothing op about the glyph summons even if they last indefinitely. you're basically saying necro's flesh golem is OP because it lasts indefinitely and therefore has infinite ccs which is just not true, necros also have an unkillable summon called flesh wurm that's extremely tanky and is actually used to tank a few mechanics in fractals and raids, and let's be honest, the cc from flesh golem is way more reliable than any of the useless, highly delayed skills that any of ele's elementals put out.

Delayed skills are bad, I agree. This is why I never use air elemental cc.However, it doesn't really matter for fire elemental and his dps is great with a proper build.Earth elemental protection is difficult to time for you. But on the worst case, he does benefit from it and is more durable. Maybe, flesh wurm can compare but it takes utility and elite (assuming you need golem too). On ele, it's one slot with 4 elementals, more versatile.Last, there is water elemental, yes, his skill is a nightmare to cast properly. When you do it well, it's great!

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

So, almost like ranger pets? Those never die in pvp situations unless mass nuked by aoes.

@"alain.1659" said:Elementalist needs working element skills and utilities.

Also traits need to lose or at least loosen their requirements.I'd remove most of the "When attuned to X" requirements for some of the traits and reduce the might requirements of Power Underwhelming to 5 (maybe even less).We should not be punished with trait loss for switching Attunements.

I would replace the weapon spawns, such as frost bow, which only last like 30 seconds anyway, with other, more useful elemental utility skills.

We already have the massive tornado elite skill as an example.What about, as I mentioned, volcanoes, geysers, meteors, other forms of lighting...

What about using a method, which I call secondary elements, such as sound, light, darkness, etc...For instance, a sound utility, would cause confusion on foes, dizziness or daze condition. Sunlight element cause burning and blindness. Darkness cause fear.Force glyph cause knock down and weakness.

I have so many ideas involving elementalists.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@Zynk.9015 said:IDK if more afk farming classes in open world is what the game needs, but it's unique to see it in MMOs nonetheless.

That problem could be solved easily by not having turrets, minions, pets etc attack if the player is considered afk (like not moving after 30 seconds or so).

I agree that there are too many people doing it.Especially in areas like Iron Marches, I believe.Though 30 seconds is a bit extreme.I think the current time right now is one hour.Provably there is another way to solve the afk problem.One thing should not defeat the other.