HoT and PoF masteries guide

Well since a lot of players just had HoT unlocked for free it stands to reason they could do with some help with the masteries.It just so happens that a while back I made a guide for players new to HoT, so I will link it here.I also have a guide on how to train mounts, so for those that just purchased PoF I will link it too.

This is my guide to HoT masteries - enjoy and I hope it helpshttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/64564/hot-mastery-guide-for-new-players

And this is my guide to training mountshttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/4111/mount-training-crash-course-spoilers

I think you have some fairly decent info there, especially in regards to priority and general usefulness. A big item missing is how to get enough mastery points to fill out your mastery trees. LW3 and LW4 which are both fun to complete also help immensely in getting enough MP's for those masteries. They both add plenty of open world mastery insights to access and provide additional, easy-to-get mastery points from just doing the story regularly.

PoF was fairly easy to get all the required mastery points from PoF+LW4+a small # of achievements but even with LW3, HoT required earning many, many achievements. Providing a list of HoT/LW3 achievements that easier to do solo can be very helpful. Also, links to additional resources like dulfy and wiki and maybe even a comment that like "TaCO + Tekkit Markers = easy mode HoT adventures"

I did not read it, but I think:If you played PoF before HoT the mounts (esp. griffon & skyscale) change priorities dramatically, e.g. gliding degrade to mostly superfluous.

E.g. yesterday I explored tangled depth with a twink and easily reached points that I remembered to be hard with full gliding and mushrooms.

I find gliding to be very useful. There are places that don't allow mounts but do allow gliding. And since you can glide in combat, it's sometimes useful to make an extra long jump but usually it's useful when farming nodes: land, harvest node, get attacked by something before you can mount, jump off cliff and glide away, eventually you can mount up again and continue on.

@EmmetOtter.8542 said:I find gliding to be very useful. There are places that don't allow mounts but do allow gliding. And since you can glide in combat, it's sometimes useful to make an extra long jump but usually it's useful when farming nodes: land, harvest node, get attacked by something before you can mount, jump off cliff and glide away, eventually you can mount up again and continue on.

Yes, but for that lvl 1 is most of the time enough, and that's 1 of the 31 mastery points to max it. (Advanced gliding add security, but isn't that often needed any longer if you have griffon & skyscale, and it's also useful to extend skyscales climbing by skill-8 to switch to gliding into an updraft to gain much more high your sky scale can get alone). But all this is much lower priority.