Request your fashion makeover - it's free!

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Zeedus.5684" said:Hey, think you could give me a go? My scrapper Engineer. I'd like something that makes him look a little more armored up, the build I'm running is a tanky one. Idk how this works, but here's a picture. X.x
Others can correct me, but IMO there really isnt any "heavy" armor medium skin for Asura. There's breastplate sure but its skintight. Most medium armor is just small plates over portions of it, kneepads and the like. Bulkier armor is just... bulkier, not so much plate. If you want a better gemstore outfit, then the Dynamics Exo Suit is much more thematically fitting. The newer Mist Stranger outfit is also good if you want lots of shiny plate.

I managed a little! Using the Asura Racial armor.http://prntscr.com/otucaa

Hello there.I'm impressed by your work here, and I'm happy to see someone volunteering to help others create their characters with a style. I wanted to create a character with a look of Gordon Freeman (Half Life. My character's names is Gordan Fraeman). I already have an Exo-Suit outfit which fits pretty good, but I need something fresh. Gordon Freeman is also a scientist, so I think I could refresh my holomisth with a scientist-like look. I can't find any good medium armor (human race) for my idea — in my vision it is something similar to Rick from Rick&Morty.

I'm a complete newb, and after finding it, this thread is like a magnet to me, Well Done!Just hit lvl 80 on my Sylvari Mesmer, chosen on a mere oh they look good and that looks interesting secret spell and have utterly fallen for her :)I like to RP a touch and especially in clothing, haven't got much yet TBH but I will do and fell in love with what you did with @VDAC.2137 's UngolianteLooks magnificent and I need that skirt! The fourth picture is what hit me like a hammer, and we both have the same branch-like hair thankfullyNot good with Screenshot, fiddly stuff but I'm hoping you would not mind if I named and try and put pictures here, one mainly an image for the Art Nouveau style and colour palette, and others from film and tv series for style and personality hints so I will try. One thing though, the backpiece I love is Daydreamers wings, though please tell me what the leafy one you used is :)Palette: 6-panel-art-nouveau-glass-1024x871.jpgThe char. she resembles the most, personality-wise is Missy from Dr Who, a female version of the Master, manners of a Lady and a CoCo Chanel sense of Taste

tumblr_niwifnPoS41qe3dkio1_500.png

Hoping these work, have not done this before :/Fingers crossed.

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

@"Irensaga.6935" said:What do you mean by practical?

Actual armor that would actually work in real life?

That would rule out anything that bares your midriff - since that's where we keep all our vital organs.

It also rules out anything with a lot of spikes on it - like the Armageddon set. Since in real life, you'd be impaling your own head on your own shoulder spikes if your head got knocked to one side with a club. The Bladed armor set has so many places to snag your own arms and legs on, there's no way I'd want to wear it in a real fight.

Or by "practical" - do you just mean something that won't break your own sense of immersion and have you looking at your own character and constantly saying - "she looks more like a stripper than a warrior"?

Because that's totally subjective based on your preferences which I don't know.

Edit:

I just realized this is an old thread and the person asking is probably not even here anymore. Oh well. Sorry.

I am here. What I ment by practical was no spikes and no stripper. It can have magical/fictional elements but it shpuldnt ne over the top. Some spikes are ok but definitly not armagedon set. What is too much is too much.

Edit: i will post how my gear looks now in the morning

I've hit a dry spell with Norn so I can't really say I'm content with any of my own ideas. I hope they are still worth putting up as a reference. For Norn, I focus on their traditional motifs and some stoneware decorations. Per your request, I toned down the sexiness and bulk up the platings. Despite being mindful about the size of the shoulder pads, these help with balancing the proportion of shoulders to hip ratio for a tall and proud appearance. The color palette is my character's original.3um4PBd.jpgwIolYs4.jpg6yL9G2r.jpgMI4QZFo.jpg

@Iris Ng.9845 said:

@"Irensaga.6935" said:What do you mean by practical?

Actual armor that would actually work in real life?

That would rule out anything that bares your midriff - since that's where we keep all our vital organs.

It also rules out anything with a lot of spikes on it - like the Armageddon set. Since in real life, you'd be impaling your own head on your own shoulder spikes if your head got knocked to one side with a club. The Bladed armor set has so many places to snag your own arms and legs on, there's no way I'd want to wear it in a real fight.

Or by "practical" - do you just mean something that won't break your own sense of immersion and have you looking at your own character and constantly saying - "she looks more like a stripper than a warrior"?

Because that's totally subjective based on your preferences which I don't know.

Edit:

I just realized this is an old thread and the person asking is probably not even here anymore. Oh well. Sorry.

I am here. What I ment by practical was no spikes and no stripper. It can have magical/fictional elements but it shpuldnt ne over the top. Some spikes are ok but definitly not armagedon set. What is too much is too much.

Edit: i will post how my gear looks now in the morning

I've hit a dry spell with Norn so I can't really say I'm content with any of my own ideas. I hope they are still worth putting up as a reference. For Norn, I focus on their traditional motifs and some stoneware decorations. Per your request, I toned down the sexiness and bulk up the platings. Despite being mindful about the size of the shoulder pads, these help with balancing the proportion of shoulders to hip ratio for a tall and proud appearance. The color palette is my character's original.
3um4PBd.jpgwIolYs4.jpg6yL9G2r.jpgMI4QZFo.jpg

Thanks alot. They all look amazing. Can you help me with names of those skins? I have to say I dont know most of them.

Hello, I actually have a very specific request, and I was told you might be able to help me out.

With the icebrood saga around the corner, I feel inspired to make a female, Ebon vanguard based character. I will leave a picture or two below for the armor they wear, but I am still struggling to decide if I want to make her wear heavy armor or medium armor because it looks like their armor is comprised of both metal and leather. If you know which armor sets I could use to replicate the look for either heavy armor or medium armor please let me know, I will greatly appreciate it.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/images/7/7d/Ebon_Vanguard_soldier_m_2.jpg

https://wiki.guildwars.com/images/7/7e/Ebon_Vanguard_soldier_f_2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Iris, I am requesting help to make 2 of my character hopefully look better. I am also requesting a custom design for one of my new characters.

Character 1: This Was designed to look like a fairy. i absolutely fell in love with the Butterfly wings backpack and have been tinkering around until i came to this look a while ago. I would like to see how you can improve this look and make it even cuter than before. For this character i am willing to use a total makeover kit, so feel free to do anything you like.

Character 2: This character backstory is that she is a girl from Cantha, as a young child she sprouted an unusual pair of horns and wings. I want you to improve her looks while trying to make her seem as dragon like as possible. For this character i am willing to use a self style hair kit, so you can change the hair if you want

Character 3: My third character is brand new. I will be requesting an outfit from you with the most freedom of the 3. I do, however, want this character to resemble a blue flower in some way.

Feel free to use any dyes you wish as long as they are under 40gThank you so much for doing this. What i think your doing is wonderful and kind. Yours sincerely F1reman2 (Account name is an inside joke)

Imgur Link: https://imgur.com/a/4wP3RHF

hey iris! so i've changed my main's look (a necro) a few times to match the story i have going for him. changed the kinda "end" version of him a couple times as well. i've recently gotten tired of this look i got going for him. i dont mind it, but it feels a little bland to me

one of the key things i would like to keep though is some skin showing, as asjarva really enjoys the elements and feeling them and showing the glow is nice as well. doesn't have to be too much, but just a little is fine, as i just have it on the chest for him right now. also i like to keep his head gear minimal as i like showing his hair colour. i would kinda like to match more with the mad realm greatsword i have a little better as well! i also have been having a little trouble with finding a back piece that doesn't clip horribly with the greatsword or at least not a lot

i don't really need it right now super importantly, i don't mind working towards getting some of these things!

here's him now:

https://imgur.com/AuX3r3Ghttps://imgur.com/IMQxWSQ

• 1 month later...