What type of elite spec do you want next?(Necromancer)

Lily.1935

I'm actually curious to hear what the players want to see the most for the future of the necromancer. I have my suspicious as to what we want to see but I want to get a more solid idea of what we actually want. This is just to satisfy my personal curiosity. I'll be keeping this fairly basic for now so nothing specific like a pistol wielding plague doctor or fungus minion master.Discuss your choices and how you'd like to see them implemented. I'd like to have a conversation too.

Here are the options and I'll explain there concept who might not understand there general roll. I do feel these are common enough that people get a general idea of what these typically are in the community.

• Minion Master: A zerg spec that spawns minions and has a lot of control over the new minions. It both would enhance existing minion specs as well as expand into new territory giving the player more options for bombing and overwhelming.
  • Vampire: A spec that functions with life stealing, sacrificing and quick movement to be a high damage spec that also provides quite a bit of offensive support to allies.
  • Shaman: Using spirits to aid allies and provide healing, converting shroud into a means to aid allies rather than harm foes.
  • Plague Doctor: A condition heavy spec that would warp conditions to its personal use to hinder foes and potentially providing some of the most unique means of cleansing conditions.
  • Lich: A more tanky spec that pushes the idea of cheating death more than any other spec. Becoming hard to kill and punishing foes for trying.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Curennos.9307 said:

@Curennos.9307 said:A power build based around lifesteal-sharing for optional spec-in support beefiness.

So vampire spec.

More blood mage-y.

The Vampire spec covers that. Personally when I think of vampire I think of the violent vampires that move extremely quickly with a high thirst. Almost beastial in nature using aristocracy as a cover for their savagery.

@"Fueki.4753" said:I want Toucher to be a thing.Hammer and physical skills that steal life.

Should be a physical spec though, not like the Vampire bleeder in the poll.

Toucher was very much a blood magic spec in GW1. Not sure where hammer fits. That's kinda specific tbh. the character Necromancer Munne and Souless Horror are the only two necromancers to have ever used a hammer and both are pretty heavy into death magic if I remember correctly. Munne has a little bit of blood magic but hammer isn't really all that common. It could technically fit on Anything on the list aside from Shaman.

As I see it, all specs the necromancer has or will have will deal in a specific condition or two. Reaper uses chill, Scourge uses Burning and Tormnet. A vampiric spec would use bleeding, either self bleeding, there target bleeding or both to enhance their DPS or sustain themselves. I suppose I shouldn't have specified that, but I feel a vampiric spec would be a hybrid between physical and condition damage. You'd have options in the 3 trait lines that would be physical damage or bleed damage. Maybe some people look at it as a purely physical set? But I honestly doubt that since conditions are so integral to the necromancer's identity.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@"Lily.1935" said:Toucher was very much a blood magic spec in GW1. Not sure where hammer fits. That's kinda specific tbh.

All the touchers I played with were Ranger/Necromancers. Hammer was chosen due to being the only two-handed melee weapon back when touchers were "born".

That was a ranger build though.

There is no option for none of these. This doesn't feel like what do you want /like to see but more which one of my ideas do you like the most.

The only thing I would say is that whatever the spec it it should not be minion based. Not only do we already have that but it would be a nonstarter in competitive modes since both Anet and the players hate the game playing itself or losing to AI. Reference turret engi, when MM necro was stronger, peoples general hate for mesmer, and literally any time a best mastery ranger build has been strong.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:There is no option for none of these. This doesn't feel like what do you want /like to see but more which one of my ideas do you like the most.

The only thing I would say is that whatever the spec it it should not be minion based. Not only do we already have that but it would be a nonstarter in competitive modes since both Anet and the players hate the game playing itself or losing to AI. Reference turret engi, when MM necro was stronger, peoples general hate for mesmer, and literally any time a best mastery ranger build has been strong.

All of these general terms get thrown around on the forums constantly and repeatedly. These are not what I want specifically.

In fact, Plague doctor and Lich are not something I'd suggest. Plague doctor gets thrown around all the time by the community and they usually link it with pistol. This is not something I'm interested at all. And a tanking spec is kinda offensive to me as a veteran of gw1. But I included it because it is what a few in the community has request, repeatedly in the past what? 5 years? I'm looking and general support for the general concepts of potential elite specs. Nothing specific.

If you want me to give you something specific and something I personally want, Ritualist and the suggested Deathcap elite spec I suggested as well as a future pulse tracker elite spec I was planning but couldn't complete due to real life complications.

I'm pulling from 7 years of general vibes from the community and 5 years of specific requests by the players and distilling it into their most basic elements.

@Kaladel.1670 said:Once everything we already have is balanced and up to date, why not. But introducing new spec will just make things more messy.I doubt there will ever be balance, unless their policy takes a drastic turn-around.I'd rather have new, possibly fun ways to play the classes than wait for the balance that'll never come.I don't think it can get more messy than the current kill-in-five-seconds-or-bunker-up meta.

A mix between the minion master and the lich.

F1: Immortal's banner: Replace your weapon skill set by the Immortal's banner skill set. (Life bar isn't protected by life force.)

• Life explosion: create an explosion at the targeted area. Low damage. Radius 180. Range 900. Cast time 1 second.
  • Specter's retreat: Deal low damage around you and teleport away from your target. Summon a shambling horror for each foe hit. Leap finisher. Range 900. CD 10s. LF cost 1935.
  • Ripple of horror: Launch a wave that terrorize foes it hit, summoning a jagged horror for each foe hit. Cone attack. Range 600. CD 15s. LF cost 2487.
  • Summon madness: Same as lich skill. LF cost 3685.
  • Bone wall: summon a wall of bone which knock down foes that try to cross it. Number of target 10. Duration 5 second. CD 30s. LF cost: 3685.
    • Bone explosion: overload your bone wall with life force to make it explode, dealing heavy damage. Blast finisher. LF cost 1935.

Utility skills: corrupted spirit (work the same as ranger's nature spirits)Example: Bloodsong spirit: summon a blood spirit that cause nearby allies to siphon life on hit. Active: Bloody mark: Your blood spirit teleport at your location engraving a bloody mark that will siphon life for you upon being triggered.

Weapon: preferentially a defensive weapon (a tombstone shield could be interesting visually)

Traits:Minors:Mantle of darkness: gain dark aura (4s) whenever you take the immortal's banner.Aura of the lich: summon a jagged horror whenever you spend life force.

Major:Upper traitline: strengthen yourself and minions based on how many minions you control (basically DM current upper traitline).Middle traitline: Increase your survivability when you are under the effect of dark aura.Lower traitline: Improve life explosion into an aoe healing skill with larger radius... etc.

The point is to make the elite spec's mechanic a source of minions, justifying the existence of minion's traits.