Computer restarts randomly during GW2

free.1472

I'm having this issue with mainly GW2 although it happens very seldom with other games, GW2 is the main culprit.When playing, my computer will randomly shut down (as if the power plug has been pulled, no notifications) and turn itself back on without an error as if nothing happened.

I've been researching and a lot of signs point towards overheating which was what my first guess was. My current troubleshooting steps so far have been:

• I've replaced the PSU with a newer one, 750W
  • I've run benchmark and stress tests and they do not cause a restart
  • I've cleaned the PC with compressed air
  • I've reseated the memory and GPU
  • I've applied new thermal paste to the CPU cooler
  • I've monitored heat levels, CPU does not go above 40c and GPU does not go above 73c

Specs are:

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
  • Intel i5-8400 @ 2.80GHz
  • 16GB RAM
  • 750W Corsair PSU, which is well above recommended

I'm not sure what else to do without replacing high dollar items. I've already swapped out the PSU because I thought that was it and it wasn't the problem, so I'm worried about shelling out more money without getting a second opinion.The restarts are so random, it has happened immediately after my character has loaded OR a solid 20 minutes after gameplay. There is no trigger as far as I can tell, I can be standing idle and it will happen. This also happens rarely with other games, League and WoW being victims at least once. Temperatures will be higher while playing WoW for example and yet the computer will be fine.

Any ideas on what to try that I haven't already? Thanks friends.

you do realize that Corsair is the cheapest chinese stuff one can get - rebranded?

For a long time, I was a happy computer user. Box seemed stable. No problems. Until I started to use zfs. ZFS is VERY concerned about your data - and it started to throw errors. Silent corruption? In my memory? Basically: yes.

Thankfully, as an amd user, ECC is an easy option.

And guess what. No more silent corruptions and a rock solid system. Buy a good psu. Buy a good motherboard. Run ecc. Problems solved.