SMS Authentication issues

2FA is acting up. So far I've tried to log-in thrice and received 3 SMS from different numbers. Messages themselves, however, were completely empty - no theme, no code. Should I just go for the good ol' reliable "ayo just wait for a day friend" or is it some kind of known issue that I should actively try to resolve because waiting won't help?

Yep.. Ive already posted about the shenanigans going on with 2FA as well.I use an applicator.. first only 5 of the 6 digits were being accepted on the website, then when that was fixed the "NEXT" button after entering the 6 digits does absolutely nothing.Tried SMS authentication, and don't even get sent an SMS when clicking the "send verification code".. just like with the applicator screen, pressing the final buttons do nothing.Ima thinking the website is messed up.

The weirdest thing with me is that I don't use any kind of app or sms on either of my accounts, yet - after the announcement - they both have authentication enabled. I removed the one on my 2nd account, but can't log in to my main account to remove that one which is the account that I ABSOLUTELY want access to! I don't know how 2FA got enabled on my accounts, but I didn't put them there...

@cyndelaq.7148 said:The weirdest thing with me is that I don't use any kind of app or sms on either of my accounts, yet - after the announcement - they both have authentication enabled. I removed the one on my 2nd account, but can't log in to my main account to remove that one which is the account that I ABSOLUTELY want access to! I don't know how 2FA got enabled on my accounts, but I didn't put them there...

Sounds like your hacked mate, can you access the email to main account from another device then go in and change password on it.Then open a support ticket on the same device, while waiting for support scan your computer for maleware or do a totaly new install ( if you feel you cant be bothered to search for malewares, keyloggers etc)

I have had good experiences with Malwarebytes as a program ymmw

@cyndelaq.7148 said:The weirdest thing with me is that I don't use any kind of app or sms on either of my accounts, yet - after the announcement - they both have authentication enabled. I removed the one on my 2nd account, but can't log in to my main account to remove that one which is the account that I ABSOLUTELY want access to! I don't know how 2FA got enabled on my accounts, but I didn't put them there...

Yep sounds like someone might of got contr of your account and plz ex their own authenticator onto it to stop you getting in and changing things up or putting your own 2FA on the account.Need to get scanning your PC, change up your email passwords and perhaps any other things you might store on hour PC that may be affected.... Hopefully you don't use the same password for other things either.Send in a ticket to support, with as much detail to can gather on hour account and hopefully they will perform an account rollback to a time you last recall being able to get into the game.

Good luck

Update - my 2FA is once again relinked but the GW2.com site or forums won't allow the completion of the authentification because pressing NEXT after entering the 6 digit code definitely does nothing now when using Internet Explorer.Works fine now with MS Edge...So I am of the mind this loss of functionality of the NEXT button on the GW2.com site has been messed up like other features of late following updates by Vanilla.

At least now my account and game access are secured again.