Official build templates.

SoulGuardian.6203

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:

@Anchoku.8142 said:How many gems are you willing to pay for each build template slot?

In GW1 is unlimited free.Why would we have to pay anything for something that it's code saved on a notepad?

Saving on a notepad was 15 years ago. Now everyone saves on iPads, the cost increased by a few thousand folds and you'll have to pay for that.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:I would hope to get at least 10 build save slots

Actually, I hope you can get as few or as many as you want by buying them.

I'm going to urge anyone to not expect these features to be free. They are the PERFECT kind of Revenue-generating QoL thing that makes this business model work; it's not something you need, but sure as anything it's something that everyone wants. I'm going to bet that's the reason it's taking 'a long time' ... because they aren't going to make any positive impact selling something that isn't exactly done as they want it.

Are you sure you have an accurate understanding of build templates? You're still going to need to update your build after skills and traits are changed in game updates. Having a build template won't change that.

It will.Imagine you have two elementalist.Instead of going through both, you only have to change one. Save the build, and load it into the other.I spoken to people in game that have 5 or more elementalists.Hence, build templates usefulness.

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Are you sure you have an accurate understanding of build templates? You're still going to need to update your build after skills and traits are changed in game updates. Having a build template won't change that.

It will.Imagine you have two elementalist.Instead of going through both, you only have to change one. Save the build, and load it into the other.I spoken to people in game that have 5 or more elementalists.Hence, build templates usefulness.

Assuming... you wont still need 5 new sets of ascended gear?

I can see Arenanet giving one for free, maybe two, and selling more for gems.

One build slot means you can save a favorite and revert to it quickly from any changes you make. It is not useless and it lets all players beta-test it for Arenanet instead of releasing it only for those paying gems (who might be more justifiably irate at bugs.)

• 1 month later...
  • ArenaNet Staff

Hi,

I'm closing this thread and redirecting everyone who wants to give feedback about Templates to that thread: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/91126/official-feedback-thread-about-build-and-equipment-templates

Feedback (positive or negative) goes in that thread. There are other threads discussing other aspects of the feature. We're just trying to make sure that the forums doesn't get overloaded with a lot of threads about the same topic.