So are you going to nerf rev burst damage or not

Lighter.5631

@Lighter.5631 said:

@Stallic.2397 said:I thought they already got nerfed... Wait, did you mean to say Holo? ;)

nah, holo i can deal with, cuz they actually got huge cast time, but rev out of no where burst is literally cancer

Pay attention to your surroundings when you fight a team with a Rev, it's likely to be a Power Shiro. The metabattle role has it clearly defined that it's meant to jump on people to 1+ fights. They are otherwise useless and squishy to kill given that you won't reset their health, block/avoid their daggers or disengage your fight prior to deal with it then head back to what you were doing.

The moment you see them charge for Phase Traversal, straight up evading in advance will avoid you Deathstrike since it's so fast now.

Revenant doesn't need to get nerf, even for less for their burst that's literally 10k damage at best if you're clueless. Just deal with it properly.

@Shao.7236 said:

@Stallic.2397 said:I thought they already got nerfed... Wait, did you mean to say Holo? ;)

nah, holo i can deal with, cuz they actually got huge cast time, but rev out of no where burst is literally cancer

Pay attention to your surroundings when you fight a team with a Rev, it's likely to be a Power Shiro. The metabattle role has it clearly defined that it's meant to jump on people to 1+ fights. They are otherwise useless and squishy to kill given that you won't reset their health, block/avoid their daggers or disengage your fight prior to deal with it then head back to what you were doing.

The moment you see them charge for Phase Traversal, straight up evading in advance will avoid you Deathstrike since it's so fast now.

Revenant doesn't need to get nerf, even for less for their burst that's literally 10k damage at best if you're clueless. Just deal with it properly.

how do u pay attention when they are standing behind every single wall that ever existed in gw2, perhaps they should just get a DrD treatment by cutting the phase distance so there's less walls they can stand behind.so we can actually see and react to what they are doing instead of just get insta jumped on our face without a single indication from across the map

@Lighter.5631 said:

how do u pay attention when they are standing every LoS possible in game

Map awareness of their location. Given that you are being told when someone dies on the screen, that's already pretty telling whenever you are at their far so you can be prepared on their respawn. The only places I can remotely think of being unfair is Battle of Khylo mid. The rest has some form of way to tell being that it's open enough.

@Shao.7236 said:

Map awareness of their location. Given that you are being told when someone dies on the screen, that's already pretty telling whenever you are at their far so you can be prepared on their respawn. The only places I can remotely think of being unfair is Battle of Khylo mid. The rest has some form of way to tell being that it's open enough.

come on now, there's literally abuse-able blink spots in almost every single node

@Lighter.5631 said:

come on now, there's literally abuse-able blink spots in almost every single node

What can I tell you, they're not an issue in the grand scheme of things as they can be countered that way and that's how I deal with them. If being hit for 5k as an entry burst is too much for you, I think that you have to consider other things. Thieves can do the same thing and they're not getting nerfed for it are they? Do you mean to say that you're getting hit by shackling waves then deathstrike? That's like the least efficient way to burst since not only it's predictable, but also slower even with quickness.

Most Revs blow their load right away so I don't see you as you know their existence can't avoid it. Abusing Blink spots? What's wrong with that? It's part of the game. What do you even play to struggle so much against Power Shiro which is to the least very telegraphed? They're not gonna nerf it, it's balanced right now. Just move on.

The idea that Rev is in more urgent need of tuning than Holo is, frankly, laughable."Holo has huge cast time"...... just rofl. The bias is real. Holo coming out of stealth with quickness can burst just as hard as Rev, and with just as little telegraph, with the added bonus of large AoEs, stability, and strong sustain.

Sure, Rev can do some nice surprise burst damage, but that's what it's for. Its function is to +1 fights and end them quickly. It can't 1v1, it can't sustain outnumbered, it doesn't have AoE pressure for big fights, and is arguably the weakest class in the game to condi pressure.

Have a think about the fact that you're basically the only person who thinks this way: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/82759/which-class-needs-a-nerf-asap/p1

Revs in a decent spot, holo is by far the most overperforming spec right now no question. It has a hard cc that covers half the map that outlast any type of evade frame etc so unless u have access to stability or a long tele it's an auto knock down with zero counter play which is ridiculous on top of being able to basically spam everything in the forge mode due to low cd's. The other night I used debilitating shots for its evade right at the right time while fighting a holo that of course was spamming shock wave as they all do and timing didn't matter it just outlast the evade frame and knocked me down resulting in being burst to death while laying on the ground lol. All cc and skills should be avoidable with proper timed evades as that's far more healthy and active game gamplay than than any stability boon or invulnerability skill. As u guessed from debilitating shot I was thief which has basically no stability access. Holo has far to much of a combination of sustain, dps burst, utility and low CD on top. Anet needs to slightly buff scrapper and hit holo hard with de-powercreep.

@Ragnar.4257 said:is arguably the weakest class in the game to condi pressure.That's really really REALLY wrong. Not in the slightest. Revenant in it's current position is perhaps the strongest class against condi pressure.@Tayga.3192 said:Either buff non-shiro non-glint rev builds or nerf everything else.

Power herald, however, is ok right now. It counters holo so that might be the reason you have problems with it.I don't want to brag and say I'm some pro e-sport player, but Rev as of currently the only buff it needs is a Ventari stunbreak otherwise it's not viable in team fights, everything else is just L2P issues most of the time. If I can make stuff work theory crafting 24/7 Vs average/good players, so can anyone. Dare say that everyone that I fight is bad, that's not the case. Like I said, I don't have nor want to brag about my position in PvP, just take my word for it that Revenant other than Ventari is in a good position for all sort of things and application from the player itself is all that matters right now.

@Shao.7236 said:

@"Ragnar.4257" said:is arguably the weakest class in the game to condi pressure.That's really really REALLY wrong. Not in the slightest. Revenant in it's current position is perhaps the strongest class against condi pressure.

Obviously this was with reference to the meta s/s herald/shiro build, and not off-meta Mallyx builds.

Did..... did that really need to be explained? Was that not evident from the context? Jeez, no wonder the world's in such a state.

Oh, I'm sorry, it may not have been obvious from the context, but when I said "herald" it was with reference to the legend for the revenant class in the game GW2, and not with regards to bearers of heraldic pageantry, or any newspapers.

Oh, I'm sorry, it may not have been obvious from the context, but when I said "build", it was with reference to a combination of stats and traits in a video game, and not with regards to the construction industry.

Oh, I'm sorry, it may not have been obvious from the context, but when I said "I", it was with reference to Ragnar.4257, and not the song by Kendrick Lamar, or any Apple products.

Overall, rev has 2 problem abilities.

Sword 3's high damage combined with long duration invulnerability is silly. You can't dodge it because it continues after the dodge. You can't blind or aegis because its multiple hits. Make it so if the initial hit is blocked, the continuing strikes do not go off.

Sword 4 combined with Burst of Strength->swap->impossible odds is a problem. ~10k damage single ability with trivial buildup is a problem. Give it the same treatment every super high damage single ability got: 2ndary strikes on the primary target do 25 percent less damage. In exchange, 2ndary strikes pierce 2 targets. It would give rev an AoE imob at the cost of a a bit of damage on primary target.

@Lighter.5631 said:No way a blinking rev should do this much burst from out of no where specially far away behind walls,not a single class should do that

Really? Rev already got gutted, this is purely a l2p issue, I'm sorry..

@Shao.7236 said:

@Ragnar.4257 said:is arguably the weakest class in the game to condi pressure.That's really really REALLY wrong. Not in the slightest. Revenant in it's current position is perhaps the strongest class against condi pressure.Excuse me? But you do play Guild Wars 2 right? Because to my knowledge Rev has like 2 condi removals one of which only removes 1 condition and is hard bound to their core functionality skill (legend swap - also only enabled by a trait) and one on staff. Please tell me more sensei since you obviously mastered the condi wars with Rev.And inb4 flame: Riposting shadows only removes snares so it doesn't do shit.

@Ragnar.4257 said:is arguably the weakest class in the game to condi pressure.

I took your word properly until that was said.

@Zephoid.4263 said:Sword 3's high damage combined with long duration invulnerability is silly. You can't dodge it because it continues after the dodge. You can't blind or aegis because its multiple hits. Make it so if the initial hit is blocked, the continuing strikes do not go off.It's slow, highly telegraphed, cannot be stopped by the user once it gets going into the mists(Easy damage absorptions or block for the other party.) and spreads around in multi target scenarios, can be stopped by shocking aura and wards.

Sword 4 combined with Burst of Strength->swap->impossible odds is a problem. ~10k damage single ability with trivial buildup is a problem.Trivial building is what you want, to define something ability and skill. Ofc what's meta is less trivial. Just to say that 10k damage is pretty optimistic, this given a perfect scenario on a light armored player is more like 8k with the metabattle, 9k if it all crits.

@DoomNexus.5324 said:

@Ragnar.4257 said:is arguably the weakest class in the game to condi pressure.That's really really REALLY wrong. Not in the slightest. Revenant in it's current position is perhaps the strongest class against condi pressure.Excuse me? But you do play Guild Wars 2 right? Because to my knowledge Rev has like 2 condi removals one of which only removes 1 condition and is hard bound to their core functionality skill (legend swap - also only enabled by a trait) and one on staff. Please tell me more sensei since you obviously mastered the condi wars with Rev.And inb4 flame: Riposting shadows only removes snares so it doesn't do kitten.

Pulsating Pestilence transfers 3 conditions and is unblockable, counts as 4 conditions removal if you use cleansing channel, that's every 10 seconds. If you play Herald, you have shield that can remove 5 more without counting sigil of escape that can pair well with it for necessary conditions. True nature can transfer up to 3 if you trait for it, is unblockable and not possible to evade.

If you're playing Mallyx/Glint Sage instead of Shiro/Glint Marshal, you become very good at Hybrid damage favoring conditions while weak to CC whereas the latter with Shiro is still hybrid but favor power and is still good against CC, both can counter pressure conditions which makes them good bruisers/duelist though like said Shiro is better against Power while Mallyx is better against conditions, this is evident by the trait choice.

As Shiro corruption poison/sigil will slowly degrade anyone that you fight that has no good cleanses and passive healing, like healing signet warriors while Mallyx resistance can easily allow you to build up condition to pressure back with and in team fights this is awfully strong.

You can add me in game so I can show you how I do it.

@Shao.7236 said:

@"Ragnar.4257" said:is arguably the weakest class in the game to condi pressure.That's really really REALLY wrong. Not in the slightest. Revenant in it's current position is perhaps the strongest class against condi pressure.Excuse me? But you do play Guild Wars 2 right? Because to my knowledge Rev has like 2 condi removals one of which only removes 1 condition and is hard bound to their core functionality skill (legend swap - also only enabled by a trait) and one on staff. Please tell me more sensei since you obviously mastered the condi wars with Rev.And inb4 flame: Riposting shadows only removes snares so it doesn't do kitten.

Pulsating Pestilence transfers 3 conditions and is unblockable, counts as 4 conditions removal if you use cleansing channel, that's every 10 seconds. If you play Herald, you have shield that can remove 5 more without counting sigil of escape that can pair well with it for necessary conditions. True nature can transfer up to 3 if you trait for it, is unblockable and not possible to evade.

If you're playing Mallyx/Glint Sage instead of Shiro/Glint Marshal, you become very good at Hybrid damage favoring conditions while weak to CC whereas the latter with Shiro is still hybrid but favor power and is still good against CC, both can counter pressure conditions which makes them good bruisers/duelist though like said Shiro is better against Power while Mallyx is better against conditions, this is evident by the trait choice.

As Shiro corruption poison/sigil will slowly degrade anyone that you fight that has no good cleanses and passive healing, like healing signet warriors while Mallyx resistance can easily allow you to build up condition to pressure back with and in team fights this is awfully strong.

Very good insight thanks.I don't say these builds aren't viable but.. realistically, who plays something else than Shiro/Glint with devastation, invocation, herald?Like.. don't get me wrong, I almost only play my own self-crafted non-meta builds (which I sometimes get flamed for not being viable even tho I can comfortably stay in plat with them), but the majority plays the meta stuff and standard shiro/glint herald sucks ass when it comes to conditions.Especially since op complains about the "op burst damage". Dunno if shiro/glint Marshal (with corruption then? since you've mentioned Pulsating Pestilence - and especially with Shield), Mallyx/Glint Sage or some hybrid or whatever you've suggested has equally bad burst damage.

@DoomNexus.5324 said:

@"Ragnar.4257" said:is arguably the weakest class in the game to condi pressure.That's really really REALLY wrong. Not in the slightest. Revenant in it's current position is perhaps the strongest class against condi pressure.Excuse me? But you do play Guild Wars 2 right? Because to my knowledge Rev has like 2 condi removals one of which only removes 1 condition and is hard bound to their core functionality skill (legend swap - also only enabled by a trait) and one on staff. Please tell me more sensei since you obviously mastered the condi wars with Rev.And inb4 flame: Riposting shadows only removes snares so it doesn't do kitten.

Very good insight thanks.I don't say these builds aren't viable but.. realistically, who plays something else than Shiro/Glint with devastation, invocation, herald?Like.. don't get me wrong, I almost only play my own self-crafted non-meta builds (which I sometimes get flamed for not being viable even tho I can comfortably stay in plat with them), but the majority plays the meta stuff and standard shiro/glint herald sucks kitten when it comes to conditions.Especially since op complains about the "op burst damage". Dunno if shiro/glint Marshal (with corruption then? since you've mentioned Pulsating Pestilence - and especially with Shield), Mallyx/Glint Sage or some hybrid or whatever you've suggested has equally bad burst damage.

With the recent changes, Mallyx torment output is quite ridiculous and cost effective (up to 20 stacks in few secs, Embrace The Darkness has a cooldown for a reason now), of course it's not gonna be as quick as Shiro/Glint since it's conditions, overtime (Say about 2-3 seconds for the setup then damage kicks in.) it can be devastating by itself, but that's not what the build should only be used for, the ability to take away damaging conditions around your team in a fight then sending it back to one person can easily turn the fight in your favor given that you have access to 2 easy transfer, the ability having resistance up to 10 seconds and feed from that damage safely and cleanse if you need makes it extremely easy to keep yourself up. Like I've seen 9k burns, 7k torments, 4k bleeds even 3k poison ticks, those are usually at the peak of the fight when people run out of utility while as a Revenant you're always ready for more.

It sure won't replace the ability to quickly +1 power fights given that you lose phase traversal and ferocity, but it does have great strengths that can justify trading for it, definitely when one team is sided to conditions rather than power too. Mallyx can definitely 1v2 condition based builds for a while with ease and punish them the harder they burst, making the fights likely to be winnable (I did win a few like that already.) while Shiro can 1v2 power for a moment but not indefinitely, dwarf/herald would be better. Using shield makes you automatically more of a bruiser/duelist than +1 and if not having any healing, shield is useless tbh.

Yeah Shiro/Herald does suck, it's just good enough to back away from conditions, but it's also why I stopped playing it because it's role is very specific with no particular way of being any valuable as a player other than IF your team is doing fine, you are likely to be useful, if not, you better up that the 1v1's you get are worth it. Hell I play Core rev Dwarf/Shiro over Shiro/Herald because I am capable of dealing with it's mechanics as well as benefiting from other in the grand scheme of things, Infuse Light is good but it's not impossible to win without it. Proper use of the skills is surprisingly powerful with these two.

mallyx is not viable it dies easier than power shiro even vs condi classes

but i agree on the burst dmg of shiro it remains insane, it's just less of a problem now due to scrapper removed, condi sd buffed and ofc it got some nerf itself. Other classes are more problematic though like holo