Did Jormag just offer an alliance?

Michram.6853

join me and you shall have the strength to protect your people in the trials to come. Stand against me, and you stand alone

What are the trials to come? Jormag does have secrets and I think those will change the course of GW2 history forever. "Mother" was only a drop in the ocean.

As for other content of GW2 being blur, I am so interested in GW2 history going forward, because it has a real vision.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me this sounds like there is a threat beyond the Elder Dragons. We have some evidence of "bleed over" of other realms when Kralk went rampaging threw the mist. I have many theories about what is to come but as for the Topic at Hand, I think Jormag knows who is coming to knock down the door and is trying to persuade us to stop. Judgment time.

I assumed it was an offer to the Commander/Aurene’s champion. A “it’d be soooo much easier for you if you just gave in” type speech.

But honestly, that’s the least interesting option. It could be an offer to whatever character Jormag is interested in uplifting to the role of their Champion.

WoodenPotatoes mentioned the possibility of the newly ascended Aurene being the one Jormag is “courting.” I find the usage of the word “champion” being odd if that’s the case, but that could just be a red herring.

I guess part of me still thought the dialogue might ultimately be meaningless and never come up in the game. Could just be something the devs wrote generically to get people hyped.

Lets not forget that Aurene has only called us "Champion". If all the other Elder Dragons knew when Aurene Ascended to Elder, than it maybe possible that the Commander is marked as "Champion" to the other Elder Dragons. As of right now this is just a theory, one that seems quite interesting honestly.I mean after all what are we capable of? ;)

@"Divine Monk.2401" said:Lets not forget that Aurene has only called us "Champion". If all the other Elder Dragons knew when Aurene Ascended to Elder, than it maybe possible that the Commander is marked as "Champion" to the other Elder Dragons. As of right now this is just a theory, one that seems quite interesting honestly.I mean after all what are we capable of? ;)

This wasn't exactly "champion" as Aurene calls us this was like "champion"

Also Jormag doesn't say: stand against me, and you will die, or "who dares stand against me" like Mordremoth said, no Jormag says: Stand against me, and you stand alone.

It is like Jormag sees a danger in Tyria, maybe from the Beyond (?), it's like: if you want to surivive the things that are coming, fight alone, I'll go back to sleep.

Jormag kinda cares about Tyria, but did the Commander learn the lesson after what he experienced from Kralkatorrik? What's the role of the Commander now when he sees something from another perpective rather than: let's just kill some badies!

Two races that have the willingness to fight are taking the spotlight...

So basically we can wage war with Jormag, but it will hide something from our eyes, and I think the pressure of the Norn and Charr on waging the wars will force the Commander to make a foolish decision.

Maybe Jormag is aware of Primordius eminent awakening (hence the rising red on the logo) and he's trying to create a temporary aliance with aurene, to ensure his survival.

Aurene and the tyrian races are in no place to deny the offer if they want to preserve the world. It's like Jormag in telling us "accept my offer and I'll help you". Maybe we'll be seeing the most epic battle of Ice and Fire.

Not a pro on Lore so...

@"Regh.8649" said:Maybe Jormag is aware of Primordius eminent awakening (hence the rising red on the logo) and he's trying to create a temporary aliance with aurene, to ensure his survival.

Aurene and the tyrian races are in no place to deny the offer if they want to preserve the world. It's like Jormag in telling us "accept my offer and I'll help you". Maybe we'll be seeing the most epic battle of Ice and Fire.

Not a pro on Lore so...

Very possible

@EmmetOtter.8542 said:Jormag's comment sounds like a Conquerer's threat: join (as my slave) or die. Instead of eating and destroying the world, he wants to conquer and enslave it. I suppose that's an improvement.

I would really want to talk about his dental plan before joining though.

I doubt Jormag treats us as a slave, or minions or just an ant, like other Elder Dragons, especially because we have the most powerful Elder Dragon behind us, that will do everything to not let anyone hurt her loved ones.

Jormag is actually offering help to Tyrians, there will be cost, but I don't think this cost means the races will be icebrood-ed.

Those who will oppose Jormag will die, those who let Jormag join the whatever trails bring, will have not one, but two Elder Dragons behind us.

That's interesting that Jormag says: I can set you free,

I think it means Jormag just want to let go of our Dragon-slayer title, and let us choose.

What if the Commander will actually have power to choose, and will have two paths: with or without Jormag.

Factions...

And episodes will actually be 2in1 - one faction has different story than the other, something like in World of Warcraft with the Horde and the Alliance...

@"Arden.7480" said:join me and you shall have the strength to protect your people in the trials to come. Stand against me, and you stand alone

What are the trials to come? Jormag does have secrets and I think those will change the course of GW2 history forever. "Mother" was only a drop in the ocean.

As for other content of GW2 being blur, I am so interested in GW2 history going forward, because it has a real vision.

if this episode is september, then we wont find out any hints to this question until january of 2020 if we are lucky, otherwise later

@Hofulu.7325 said:

@"Arden.7480" said:
join me and you shall have the strength to protect your people in the trials to come. Stand against me, and you stand alone

if this episode is september, then we wont find out any hints to this question until january of 2020 if we are lucky, otherwise later

It will be later since the prologue is set elsewhere. Tne prologue might give is a sneak peak of the "new world order" the devs have hinted at though and that might tie into the dialogue or symbolise factions splitting up in the World now the Dragons presence is diminishing (or both)