[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

@jpsholland.2786 said:I changed the colors of a outfit i bought in the Gem Store. To my horror, all other outfits has automatically changed according to the dye channels in the last outfit i dyed.

I would like to have this option independently for every outfit you can buy. Just the same as with the mounts. You can give every ride his own colors. So why not the outfits?

Actually, though, every skin (Mountfit) for each different Mount shares the dye choices.

Are you sure?I have 4 mounts so far. The raptor, the springer, the skimmer and the jackal. Except for the jackal, al the others have a different skin. Al my mounts have a different color.

It might help you understand if you separated the mounts in your mind. They aren't "mounts" as a single cohesive unit. They are the springer, raptor, griffon, skimmer, skyscale, and sand jackal. The same way your individual armour pieces are separated when it comes to dyes, (dyeing your chest piece doesn't change the colour of your boots) so are the mounts. But if the skins for the raptor will always use the same dyes you applied to raptor even if you change the skin, like how outfits are.

Ok. I did not experienced that yet, as my raptor, skimmer and springer each only have one skin.

If you do have to change the colors, I believe you can make it a bit easier on yourself by marking as favorites the few colors you tend to use, so they appear in a small group by themselves. You still have to change them, but you save time by not having to search for the color you want.

@"MetalGirl.2370" said:To your horror, as if it's something that made you gasp and your heart skip and gave you panic attack....goodness....I'd rather them work on some new fun content than rework something that's not even close to being important

Let me finish your sentence for you. "...not even close to being important to me."

I would in fact appreciate this change, as not being able to individually color-customize outfits has put me off using them all together. Which in turn means: I'm not buying them anymore.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Over time, we've seen a lot of good QoL suggestions on the forums. It seems to be it'd be good to have a regular sticky post -- yes, yes, I know, we already have too many stickies! ;) -- so that these can be better seen, added to, commented upon, and so forth.

So here's the official QoL suggestion thread. I will try to merge in previous threads on the topic of Quality of Life, but if you see any I missed, could you please PM me to let me know?

Thanks!

I would really love UI customization. Being able to disable the XP floating text and Damage floating text would be amazing. It's the biggest turn of for me in the entire game. I play on 1920x1080 and sometimes it's hard to see anything and in my opinion, it just takes away from the awesome graphics. It would be nice to be able to disable the floating text and maybe have a chat window that displays your damage like other mmo's. Thanks :)

@Shep.4026 said:

@"MetalGirl.2370" said:To your horror, as if it's something that made you gasp and your heart skip and gave you panic attack....goodness....I'd rather them work on some new fun content than rework something that's not even close to being important

Let me finish your sentence for you. "...not even close to being important to me."

I would in fact appreciate this change, as not being able to individually color-customize outfits has put me off using them all together. Which in turn means: I'm not buying them anymore.

Nah you don't have to finish the sentence for me. It's a fact ... it's not nearly as important as actual new content. Being able to save your dye channels won't bring new players in, new content will.

Ok as a veteran GW1 player yes i would love to see a return to cantha... however! To me it is more important to see a massive change in the game to revitalize the world. The current player base is to thin for more zones to be added. Now one of my fav tuings about how living world started was how it changed things in existing zones putting players back in old zones revitalizing them. What happened to that? When done properly its an amazing way to save on production costs as most of the map already exists... and bringing playera back to older maps helps with meta eventsand breathes new life into the game encouraging new players to continue playing.... in the process of using living story to revitalize old maps new hybrid masteries can be added. For example a hybrid mastery requiring someone to.master gryphon and master gliding would open an advance gryphon riding mastery where the gryphon can use gliding abilities such as updrafts. Once again this would help revitalize old content breathing more life into it and perhaps encourage peoe who have been on the fence about the other expansion get it finally.

**breakdown: revitalize old maps using living story and hybrid masteries

result: breathes life back into a thinly spread player base and reduce living story production costs as well as encourage use of underselling expansion.**

i love gw2 and i want to see it flourish. And yes i still want to see new zones added with expansions, but living story i feel should focus on revitalizing and fixing old content and mechanics and qol that has been long neglected.

Add option that will block any squad invites to your characters.Everyday i do Tequatl with friends in party, and everytime some squad leader or squad members are spamming squad invites to everyone in their reach. So annoying. I am in party with friends, no need for squads =)Simple option that will block squad invites will be very good, leaving ability to join via 'Join Squad' from chat command, or right clicking on tag or squad members.

@Aeon.4583 said:Add option that will block any squad invites to your characters.Everyday i do Tequatl with friends in party, and everytime some squad leader or squad members are spamming squad invites to everyone in their reach. So annoying. I am in party with friends, no need for squads =)Simple option that will block squad invites will be very good, leaving ability to join via 'Join Squad' from chat command, or right clicking on tag or squad members.

Additionally, how about the ability to allow parties to be private and closed, so that the random person just can't invite themselves with impunity?

@Shep.4026 said:

@Knighthonor.4061 said:would like an additional hotbar that I can add environmental weapons to use without opening my inventory. Same with other consumables like World Boss device. Would like to use these items without going into my inventory every time.

I really teally like this idea. I want it. Gimme.

But don't environmental weapons simply take over the weapon skills bar? No item goes into our bags, right?

@SnowMochi.7602 said:

@"Knighthonor.4061" said:would like an additional hotbar that I can add environmental weapons to use without opening my inventory. Same with other consumables like World Boss device. Would like to use these items without going into my inventory every time.

But don't environmental weapons simply take over the weapon skills bar? No item goes into our bags, right?

To be completely honest I never even registered the "environmental weapons" part of that post. I was completely focused on having a bar for all my portal stones/devices and my postion rewinder and such.

@Shep.4026 said:

@"Knighthonor.4061" said:would like an additional hotbar that I can add environmental weapons to use without opening my inventory. Same with other consumables like World Boss device. Would like to use these items without going into my inventory every time.

To be completely honest I never even registered the "environmental weapons" part of that post. I was completely focused on having a bar for all my portal stones/devices and my postion rewinder and such.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bundle

A bundle, also known as an environmental weapon, is a special type of object which, when acquired, provides its own set of skills.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Consumableiehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Order_of_Whispers_Spy_Kithttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ogre_Pet_Whistlehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sunspear_Paragon_Supporthttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Purchasable_bundles

This one could have been implemented since the start: If you have blocked a player, that player shouldn't be able to see where you are and if you're online or not.

Here the simple fix:For blocked players, you are shown as invisible. That's all, that way they know nothing, hard for them to find you.

I would really like a QoL improvement in loot pickup. As it stands now if you are full and cant auto pickup loot it just goes into the void. And sometimes you are doing content you cant stop doing and find a vendor or open bags and sell. Or you die on a reset map and cant get back to loot the chest. Other games do have a thing where if you miss a loot pickup or your bags are full it goes to the mail, to be able to retrieve afterwards.

This is a big peeve for me because i cant always stop what im doing to sell off junk in my bags or tp stuff, because i have to keep up with my group or the content im doing is rolling along too fast to stop.