Potential Future Balance Update and Future Plans for Competitive

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 Years+ of damages is done and is irreversible. Progress is learning and not repeating. Log-in WvW and PvP right now to see for yourself?

Do you see any progress?

Do you see any hot-fix-patches nerfing Toxic builds until a permanent fix patch release?

Is it worth it?

Know your values and worth

'When you learn how much you're worth, you'll stop giving people excuses'

@Nexxus.5347 said:

@"Stephane Lo Presti.7258" said:Hi everyone,

We want to bring your attention to two threads that is of interest to the Guild Wars 2 community but since they are in different subforums, we're sharing links here:

Could you add something to squads that would reward people for joining squads. Something like if 10 people are in a squad you get 10% WVW experience, 20 people in squad 10% to reward track progress, 30 people in squad +1 PIP, 40 in squad -5% damage reduction, 50 in squad +5% dmg output. I always see commanders struggling to get people to join their squads. Just a thought.

no no no ;)rewarding brain dead blobs no please not

instead reward small harass / guerrilla / disrupts squads

@Burnfall.9573 said:7 Years+ of damages is done and is irreversible. Progress is learning and not repeating. Log-in WvW and PvP right now to see for yourself?

Do you see any progress?

Do you see any hot-fix-patches nerfing Toxic builds until a permanent fix patch release?

Is it worth it?

Know your values and worth

'When you learn how much you're worth, you'll stop giving people excuses'

blame warrior for toxic game play

quick news update: we recently gained over 116 new ex-Gw2 players in ESO. Checking in FF14l: more guilds are growing with new additional guilds from ex-Guild Wars 2 players.

I actually met few of them in game from my friends lists. (too funny right :) )

Anyhow, we are extremely excited to say that Guild Wars 2- +1 shotring, Toxic Stealth Design, Toxic Profession Design, Power-Creep, Perma-Everything, Spam Everything Mindlessly and most importantly, 1 Build Rule Them All= I AM GOD.....are Not allowed here

come join us, you will not regret it

(by the way, you will not find any excuses for a 'Rogue Profession/Jobs) to be excused for being Toxic here as well also included to be immunized for years from any consequential nerfs)

To Thief Profession: not its players...Please stay away from any healthy competitive games.

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED!!

--someone made a comment that Anet is fully aware of Guild Wars 2 diminish and allowing the game to intentionally die to save as much profit as they can to start a new project that is not Guild Wars related instead-)

by the way, (didn't you notice the low grade quality in the next living story? -just curious)

I don't know about that but it is obviously that PvP and WvW are dead to them and Living Story is the last straw that is keeping the game afloat

So there,

PvP and WvW

Nothing new but is confirmed we do not exist to them

'can't save something that does not care to be saved'

'

@Burnfall.9573 said:quick news update: we recently gained over 116 new ex-Gw2 players in ESO. Checking in FF14l: more guilds are growing with new additional guilds from ex-Guild Wars 2 players.

Anyhow, we are extremely excited to say that Guild Wars 2- +1 shotring, Toxic Stealth Design, Toxic Profession Design, Power-Creep, Perma-Everything, Spam Everything Mindlessly and most importantly, 1 Build Rule Them All= I AM GOD.....are Not allowed here

(by the way, you will not find any excuses for a 'Rogue Profession/Jobs) to be excused for being Toxic here as well also included to be immunized for years from any consequential nerfs)

To Thief Profession: not its players...Please stay away from any healthy competitive games.

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED!!

--someone made a comment that Anet is fully aware of Guild Wars 2 diminish and allowing the game to intentionally die to save as much profit as they can to start a new project that is not Guild Wars related instead-)

by the way, (didn't you notice the low grade quality in the next living story? -just curious)

I don't know about that but it is obviously that PvP and WvW are dead to them and Living Story is the last straw that is keeping the game afloat

So there,

PvP and WvW

'

Hmm Oracles are alive and well

Just an honest opinion they have already heavily diverged from the original balance design format, and kittened everything up, restricting the capabilities of some classes while other classes were over-tuned , having access to kitten everything and running amok. They seriously need to think this through and stop doing useless nerf/buffs that don't do kitten or kitten things up even more, I'd rather see one good balance patch that'll even partially fix all the kitten they've been kittening instead of kitten posturing tweaks that either do nothing or kitten things more. ~____~"

Kitten.. kitten.. kitten.. kitten.. kiiiiiiiiiitten..~ >____<"

Edit: If they really want to fix combat balance the very first step would be to focus on bringing classes closer in line to each other in terms of power level. then they can focus on establishing class identity and style hand in hand with that power level. and finally polish weapons, skills and traits so that everything has a purpose and would be a real option for something instead of being a wallflower weapon, trait or skill that will never get used.

Based on the trend and template of the balance team throughout HoT, PoF and now.. all that mentioned above is just a fantasy.. Years have passed and they just kitten things to oblivion leaving a lot of half-baked, open ended, kitten.

@Burnfall.9573 said:7 Years+ of damages is done and is irreversible. Progress is learning and not repeating. Log-in WvW and PvP right now to see for yourself?

Do you see any progress?

There has been some good development, too:

• Skirmishes
  • Tier pips on map objectives
  • Use All option on reward track boxes
  • Scourge shroud skill delay and visual tell
  • Visual tell on friendly vs hostile AoE skills
  • Options to reduce name plate visual clutter
  • Options to reduce characters' visual detail
  • Revealed mechanism (exception DE)
  • Stability removal protection
  • Resistance conversion to Chill instead of Immobile

@Burnfall.9573 said:quick news update: we recently gained over 116 new ex-Gw2 players in ESO. Checking in FF14l: more guilds are growing with new additional guilds from ex-Guild Wars 2 players.

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED!!... and then you go onto Youtube to find some cool alliance wars zerg fight videos and instead find solo people stealthing into zergs and killing 20 enemies in a seconds burst before stealthing again and running away laughing.

Funny how things work.

@Korgov.7645 said:

Do you see any progress?

• Skirmishes

All of those are good.

But tell me, what, other than skirmishes and tier pips, is WvW specific?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Do you see any progress?

• Skirmishes

All of those are good.

Only those two are exclusive to WvW. The others can be enjoyed outside WvW, but they were targeted at WvW issues.

@Korgov.7645 said:

Do you see any progress?

• Skirmishes

All of those are good.

Only those two are exclusive to WvW. The others can be enjoyed outside WvW, but they were targeted at WvW issues.

And... that’s my point.

The first person you quoted is.... let’s just say a one trick pony.

But to claim WvW has seen a lot of development? I just can’t agree with you on that.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Do you see any progress?

• Skirmishes

All of those are good.

And... that’s my point.

But to claim WvW has seen a lot of development? I just can’t agree with you on that.

There has been decent amount of development.

Unfortunately it has been missing the real issues in WvW. Or even made things worse in WvW. Like guild upgrades, Watchtowers, world linking, 1-up-1-down matchmaking, gliding, Warclaw, DBL movement gimmicks, portable cannons, repair hammers, shield generators, Golem Rush event, no downed state events, thief portals, detection pulse removal, and most recently the food power creep.

Imagine if all that effort was put into world restructuring instead. Clearly it has not been the top priority.

@Korgov.7645 said:

Do you see any progress?

• Skirmishes

All of those are good.

And... that’s my point.

There has been decent amount of development.

Unfortunately it has been missing the real issues in WvW. Or even made things worse in WvW. Like guild upgrades, Watchtowers, world linking, 1-up-1-down matchmaking, gliding, Warclaw, DBL movement gimmicks, portable cannons, repair hammers, shield generators, Golem Rush event, no downed state events, thief portals, detection pulse removal, and most recently the food power creep.

Imagine if all that effort was put into world restructuring instead. Clearly it has not been the top priority.

Agree on the priority.

The only item that you listed in the last 3 years is Warclaw. The other items (within 3 years) are not specific to us.

But yeah.

Chaotic interruption Mirage is still way too strong in WvW roaming and the penalty of your weapon recharge rate being reduced is absolutely meaningless. The Mirage cloak damage from your illusions critically hitting with Infinite horizon is where all the damage comes from.

You are also introducing a guaranteed interrupt from chaotic storm , which is also used for the chaotic interruption Mirage build by taking staff.

This build is Cancer in WvW roaming and PvP 5vs5 Ranked. Please address this properly. You temporarily disabled it, until supposedly it could be addressed properly.

From what I can see, it has not been reworked or addressed properly.

I know that Mesmer identity is being able to disrupt, but players should not be immobilized and dazed simultaneously. It’s way too powerful and ruined last season once everyone started using this build.

On another note, all the other changes look like they could improve WvW Zerg fights in general. But this is what stood out immediately after reading these proposed changes.

Now I know people are going to put me in Over Nerf Mirage clan, but that really isn’t the case.

I actually think the most powerful classes in PvP that have not been addressed or toned down is Holosmith and Spellbreaker. Now Spellbreaker has been toned down a couple times, but Holosmith Damage output really should be addressed.

For example, reducing the barrier output of Sand Flare in WvW will make it easier to zergbust and a great change for WvW. If this change was also made in PvP it would nerf Scourge out of the meta and make it way to easy to kill Necros. This is a solid change and well thought out that should never be implemented in PvP, but totally reasonable in WvW.

Reducing Aegis spam from Firebrand looks good.

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED!!

So there,

PvP and WvW

'

Why would WvW players go to FF14 lol, that games trash for PvP.

Oppressive Collapse: This skill will require line of sight on the activation.I asked for this back in Oct 2017, finally it has come to fruition - don't lose hope guys, it more or less takes two years :PForgot to add, this was from https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/86662/In general I don't think the changes will affect me too much, in particular I am ok with the antitoxin change. The holosmith changes may be scary for some holo mains, but I really want to see how the changes will affect the higher skilled players, I'm assuming it will be a small adjustment period in positioning. I am also wondering how the scourge&fb changes will affect the overall dynamics of zerg play, probably noticeable but not much I'm guessing. Can't wait to see it in action though. Just waiting for other changes in general.

Items

• Superior Rune of Antitoxin: Change it so that instead of increasing outgoing condition cleanses by one it instead increases incoming condition cleanses by one, thus only affecting the wielder, but allowing it to scale up with external cleanses.

Engineer

• Purge Gyro: Reduce the number of cleansing pulses from 5 to 3 in WvW. Pending the superior rune of antitoxin change, this may stay at 5 cleansing pulses.
  • Sneak Gyro: Increase the cooldown of this ability from 45 to 75 60 seconds in WvW.
  • Corona Burst: The existing split from PvP of reduced might gain is brought to WvW. Reduced the damage of this ability by 20% in PvP and WvW.
  • Holographic Shockwave: Reduced range from 600 to 300.
  • Impact Savant: See if there is a way to include condition damage on this trait globally. Reduce the vitality loss of this trait from 300 to 180 in WvW and PvP.
  • Chemical Field: This skill is replaced by Detection Pulse (from the old Sneak Gyro elite toolbelt) as the toolbelt skill for Purge Gyro.

Oh hey there is some resemblance of sanity coming from Anet! But I wonder if that antitoxin change will push the scrapper out of the zerg meta entirely. The sneak gyro cd increase is at least not horrible, though it will hurt everyone. The purge gyro should stay as is with cleanses considering gutting antitoxin. Impact Savant buff would be fantastic and the holo nerfs are reasonable. Chemical field loss... well its a dps loss and less suppression of enemies but at least detection pulse has alot of utility in wvw.

Also, Anet, please that vitality loss... if you got to have this punishment for choosing scrapper, why even split it between the modes? While the rest may show sanity, this just shows the absolute pointlessness of skill splits. Why even care about that in PvE? Everyone run glass cannons in the meta anyway. Nobody cares about vitality. Keep it 180 everywhere and save yourselves a few lines of code.