Healing condi herald for fractals.

BrokenGlass.9356

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAk6ZlpESIpMriKKrdlUSdNsgCKsJGYgJuiESoiDzTfzC-zRJYoR3fh0VVlYimbI49s43mF-e

So, this build is designed to have really good torment uptime, (rotation dependant. If you get stuck on staff/ glint your torment drops off hard.) but it's also designed to output a solid stream of green numbers. It applies torment on crit, and has that magic 60% crit number to stack with buffs and boons to get close to 100 when raid buffed. (admittedly not having the 'boons affect 10 guys' trait makes this a fractal build and not a raid build.)

Im hoping it's fun. And honestly, I'm hoping that some epic revenant in full legendary wouldn't mind clicking it in and trying out some fractals. Like I totally dig this... But, also am afraid I'll gear it all up, and it'll suck. So, it would be hella cool to hear from someone whose played it.

On rotation -

Glint/Mace-shield, use mace skills to keep up DPS while activating facets, burn out energy because you want that Boon application for healing. If energy gets too low to use your shield heal, pop the elite facet to save energy without loosing protection uptime. If the party is in trouble, break out staff and hit 2/4.

Staff/Mallyx, use staff auto, and spam 2. because we want to spam heals without cleansing ourself. Do not use staff 4 unless you are saving a party member. Activate the elite skill, then use the AoE resistance skill repeatedly to apply boons from Mallyx to keep up the 'heal on Boon application' trait. This applies huge amounts of LONG Torment to yourself, which can be transferred to the enemy with f2 in Mallyx. Think a little here, do you need to use your staff 4 to blow off cover conditions before the transfer? Do either that, or send then cleanse.

But in general, you want to swap weapons and ledgends at the same time to keep your capabilities from running thin in one area.

I hope it still does enough dps to help kill things, while also providing enough boons to lubricate content, and while providing enough healing that it makes a failing group into an instant carry.

If anyone is interested in testing, or helping to develop it, that would be awesome, and much appreciated.

Mainly because I already have a condi Renegade, and I've always wanted to make herald into a buff/damage class, which it always looked like it could be. Now after all the trait changes, it looks like healing doesn't need to have ventari, so long as you're willing to simply opt out on alacrity.

That choice comes bassicly from the fact that Renegade, Chronomancer, and Firebrand are extremely common in pug groups, and so I'm making the assumption that alacrity will already be covered.

Again, ensuring that it's likely to be effective only in fractals.

That and I just like heralds 'heal on Boon application' trait.

@BrokenGlass.9356 said:Mainly because I already have a condi Renegade, and I've always wanted to make herald into a buff/damage class, which it always looked like it could be. Now after all the trait changes, it looks like healing doesn't need to have ventari, so long as you're willing to simply opt out on alacrity.

That choice comes bassicly from the fact that Renegade, Chronomancer, and Firebrand are extremely common in pug groups, and so I'm making the assumption that alacrity will already be covered.

Herald is fine for healing in pve we can have protection and regen facets up.

Ventari is more for spike catch in places one can preditc, wich only work in pvp zones..

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@BrokenGlass.9356 said:Mainly because I already have a condi Renegade, and I've always wanted to make herald into a buff/damage class, which it always looked like it could be. Now after all the trait changes, it looks like healing doesn't need to have ventari, so long as you're willing to simply opt out on alacrity.

Ventari is more for spike catch in places one can preditc, wich only work in pvp zones..

Do you mean pve zones? It’s fairly easy to predict where people are going to take damage in PvE. I’d argue it’s harder to predict that in PvP.

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

Do you mean pve zones? It’s fairly easy to predict where people are going to take damage in PvE. I’d argue it’s harder to predict that in PvP.

Well the only zone i have knowledge where a ventari healing will help players is in hot final map, everything else is cake walk with boon stack and spam, the game has been dumbed down that ended invalidating quite alot of builds towards low effort gimmicks.

@BrokenGlass.9356 since theres no limit on condi apliance 2 rev could probably stable 80 stack of torment, i can get arround 40-44 stable stacks with mine alone.

Most revs act as their group's healer in fractals just by maintaining Soulcleave uptime... No healing gear needed, just let soul cleave and the lack of its ICD take care of your metadps friends that are layering dozens of hits a second.

Also, I just want to throw out that if you really want to do support herald in fractals for whatever reason, you should be going power. Even a real/full condi renegade build will put out like no dps in fractals due to its ramp up time vs the quick boss phases, low target hp pools, and the rest of your groups burst--let alone a non-renegade-healing-hybrid-thing-with-staff-aa's.

• 5 months later...