Where is my dismount button

Raiden The Beast.3016

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fine with or without a dismount skill, but this is to me far more bizarre than the apparent lack of progress on alliances. It's something they said they were going to do, something ppl seemed to react to positively, something they said was pretty much ready for deployment, then just nothing, total radio silence. It's weird . . .

@"Gop.8713" said:I'm fine with or without a dismount skill, but this is to me far more bizarre than the apparent lack of progress on alliances. It's something they said they were going to do, something ppl seemed to react to positively, something they said was pretty much ready for deployment, then just nothing, total radio silence. It's weird . . .

Exactly the same with Swiss for PvP. "Mmm yea we'r totally on it, it's absolutely here by july 2018".Over a year later? "Heeey swiss will be a feature with the next episode! Stay tuned!"

@Samug.6512 said:

@"Gop.8713" said:I'm fine with or without a dismount skill, but this is to me far more bizarre than the apparent lack of progress on alliances. It's something they said they were going to do, something ppl seemed to react to positively, something they said was pretty much ready for deployment, then just nothing, total radio silence. It's weird . . .

Exactly the same with Swiss for PvP. "Mmm yea we'r totally on it, it's absolutely here by july 2018".Over a year later? "Heeey swiss will be a feature with the next episode! Stay tuned!"

Yeah at least they keep talking about Swiss though, so it's more like alliances in that way. The dismount button has gone from 'almost here' to completely off the radar . . .

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:Eh, I usually dismount em myself. More often than not they can't get away fast enough.

That's not really the point at all though. Idc about actually getting the skill and if they came out and said they changed their minds about implementing it I'd be fine with that . . .

The point is that it's something they said they were going to do, that many ppl do want, that they said was almost ready and that they have since completely ignored. It gives credibility to the ppl who believe they aren't really working on alliances at all any more either . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:Eh, I usually dismount em myself. More often than not they can't get away fast enough.

That's not really the point at all though. Idc about actually getting the skill and if they came out and said they changed their minds about implementing it I'd be fine with that . . .

The point is that it's something they said they were going to do, that many ppl do want, that they said was almost ready and that they have since completely ignored. It gives credibility to the ppl who believe they aren't really working on alliances at all any more either . . .

In all fairness, in the post they made about it they did mention that it was going to take some time (iirc there was a section for fixes now, fixes in the near future and fixes for a longer period of time...or something of that format)

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

In all fairness, in the post they made about it they did mention that it was going to take some time (iirc there was a section for fixes now, fixes in the near future and fixes for a longer period of time...or something of that format)

You're thinking of the original post from March which listed the dismount skill as a medium-to-long term goal. When ppl complain about the dismount skill they are thinking -- I hope -- of the June post which indicated it was the update that was farthest along and ready for art requests . . .

I do appreciate your forcing me to look that up though bc I'll admit it feels like that second post was from a lot longer ago . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

You're thinking of the original post from March which listed the dismount skill as a medium-to-long term goal. When ppl complain about the dismount skill they are thinking -- I hope -- of the June post which indicated it was the update that was farthest along and ready for art requests . . .

I do appreciate your forcing me to look that up though bc I'll admit it feels like that second post was from a lot longer ago . . .

Ah, at least I accurately remembered something. Doesnt seem as if it was THAT long ago lol

The dismount button is located on the action hot bar exactly to the right of the elite skill and right above the novelties epic button to end all buttons,exactly where the mount button is when you are not mounted.It is only visible when you are already mounted.I hope this was helpful.

As I said in the post about dismounting people and saving the time and money going into making a dismount skill. Make mounts one hit, so any combat hit from another player dismounts them, remove the knockdown effect from being dismounted, so when the other player is dismounted by combat, they are ready to fight and can defend them selves. I would like to see the dodges removed as well, but keep them if you like or have them linked to your toons dodges. Once this is done, you can even out running speed, as this nerfs roaming and small scale where escaping when trying to ninja something is dead because you can never get away in enemy territory, and it will no longer be needed once any hit dismounts. So the mount can still be used for mobility, those wanting to get back to a zerg can in the same amount of time, they just have to pay a bit more attention and can't run straight through an enemy zerg anymore. And roamers can still get fights and cut off reinforcements to a zerg or structure.

This doesn't require work and time on a new skill that could be going into something else, it doesn't require more art or animations etc etc and should have been able to be released in a week. But instead, here we are with alliances 2.0.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:As I said in the post about dismounting people and saving the time and money going into making a dismount skill. Make mounts one hit, so any combat hit from another player dismounts them, remove the knockdown effect from being dismounted, so when the other player is dismounted by combat, they are ready to fight and can defend them selves. I would like to see the dodges removed as well, but keep them if you like or have them linked to your toons dodges. Once this is done, you can even out running speed, as this nerfs roaming and small scale where escaping when trying to ninja something is dead because you can never get away in enemy territory, and it will no longer be needed once any hit dismounts. So the mount can still be used for mobility, those wanting to get back to a zerg can in the same amount of time, they just have to pay a bit more attention and can't run straight through an enemy zerg anymore. And roamers can still get fights and cut off reinforcements to a zerg or structure.

This doesn't require work and time on a new skill that could be going into something else, it doesn't require more art or animations etc etc and should have been able to be released in a week. But instead, here we are with alliances 2.0.

I'm confused about what the mount was supposed to do. Initially I thought it was introduced to make it easier for players who would only play when there was a tag to follow so they could get back to their zerg without interference. I was fine with this bc if there is a way for players to let me know they're not worth fighting that's a plus for me. But now all the nerfs seem to be geared towards eliminating that advantage of the mount. So what is the point then . . ?

@Gop.8713 said:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:As I said in the post about dismounting people and saving the time and money going into making a dismount skill. Make mounts one hit, so any combat hit from another player dismounts them, remove the knockdown effect from being dismounted, so when the other player is dismounted by combat, they are ready to fight and can defend them selves. I would like to see the dodges removed as well, but keep them if you like or have them linked to your toons dodges. Once this is done, you can even out running speed, as this nerfs roaming and small scale where escaping when trying to ninja something is dead because you can never get away in enemy territory, and it will no longer be needed once any hit dismounts. So the mount can still be used for mobility, those wanting to get back to a zerg can in the same amount of time, they just have to pay a bit more attention and can't run straight through an enemy zerg anymore. And roamers can still get fights and cut off reinforcements to a zerg or structure.

I'm confused about what the mount was supposed to do. Initially I thought it was introduced to make it easier for players who would only play when there was a tag to follow so they could get back to their zerg without interference. I was fine with this bc if there is a way for players to let me know they're not worth fighting that's a plus for me. But now all the nerfs seem to be geared towards eliminating that advantage of the mount. So what is the point then . . ?

The point was blanket protection for people who don't want combat, but to ktrain all day and not have anyone stop them.

All the defenders on the forums however, stated it was a mobility improvement for getting back to tag faster. Even though WvW maps are not very large to start with. It was never meant for WvW and never balanced for it, anyone going into combat on a mount has an instant advantage, it also favors ganking. It also allows people to run around how they want and only taking fights they think they can win or can outnumber someone. It also stopped any advantage mobility specced players had for roaming, as now a zerg spec necro can run you down.

Anet doesn't get these issues and others, because they are all casual PvE players.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

The point was blanket protection for people who don't want combat, but to ktrain all day and not have anyone stop them.No, you can't do anything, including ktrain, without getting off your mount. So that was not the point . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

The point was blanket protection for people who don't want combat, but to ktrain all day and not have anyone stop them.No, you can't do anything, including ktrain, without getting off your mount. So that was not the point . . .

Are you being pedantic on purpose?