Question about weapon swap.

Hello all.This is going to be a confusing question to frame but I will do my best.

I was going through open-world, Core Warrior builds on Metabattle-The Axe/Axe Arms build.

I read something there that jolted me into remembering that I had questioned this before and still do not have an answer

Here is the snippet, copy and pasted from the Metabattle Build

"If you don't need the crowd control from off-hand Mace, you can go without it and just run dual axes. If you do this, you should put your main hand axe in weapon set 1 and your offhand axe in weapon set 2."

Ok. I understand this part. Two weapon sets. You place an Axe in your main-hand in one Weaponset, and an Axe in your off-hand in the other set.

Fine. Cool.

My question is how in the world does this affect Superior Sigils ?????

Normally, I cruise with Superior Sigil of Force in the main-hand and Superior Sigil of Cleaning in the off-hand.

Superior Sigil of Force. This Sigil adds +5% DamageSuperior Sigil Of Cleaning. This Sigil "Removes 3 conditions when swapping to this weapon in combat."

Now it gets confusing to frame my question...

Picture this, I am fighing a mighty battle against an equally mighty foe. The weaponset I am using is number 2. This is the weapon set that does not have a main-hand (Force) but does have an off-hand (Cleaning).

I have conditions, so I switch to weaponset number 1 which has a main-hand weapon (Force) and is without an off-hand (Cleaning)......here comes my question(s).....

(1) If I switch to the weaponset which does not have an off-hand (Cleaning) ...do I still get my conditions washed off me???

(2) If I am fighting this mighty battle with the weaponset that does not have a main-hand (Force) am I still getting the 5% Damage????

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Lisa-Last edit..I promise. Is it better to just use two physical Axes in each hand????

@Julischka Bean.7491 said:(1) If I switch to the weaponset which does not have an off-hand (Cleaning) ...do I still get my conditions washed off me???

Yes you do as long as the offhand weapon loaded into the active set has the sigil on it AND you are outside the sigils internal cooldown (usually 9 seconds).

(2) If I am fighting this mighty battle with the weaponset that does not have a main-hand (Force) am I still getting the 5% Damage????

Yes as long as the mainhand weapon loaded into the active weapon set has a force sigil on it.

And thank you very much Cyninja.

Sheepish grin. Not sure why I did not test this out myself earlier.

After posting this, I jumped on my warrior took out her Greatsword, distributed the Axes, played with my traits, then went out actively searching for bad guys that output a crap ton of Conditions....and it worked!

I came back here, and Cyninja verified my findings :)

Am I wrong for not liking Greatsword??? It often sends me whirling away from my target, and over cliffs...other players watching me probably think I am drunk.

My heavies share Ascended Assassin armor.. should I mix in Ascended Berserkers for more power??? Maybe three pieces Berserkers and three pieces Assassin??? Or should I go pure Berserker????

So many questions...but I am trying.

If I understand correctly you're using Axe/Axe and x/Mace (nothing/Mace).Basically in your right hand you have an Axe and your left hand has two options: Axe or Mace. When you switch weapon sets, your right hand weapon never changes and it always stays as an Axe. Your left hand is the only thing that switches: from axe to mace.

Switching weapons triggers the cleaning sigil because you are swapping from left-hand axe to left-hand mace and because your right hand weapon never gets put away (always axe) the sigil on it is always in force.

The only time your right-hand axe's sigil will not be active is when you are swimming and then its put away for whatever aquatic weapon you have.

@"Julischka Bean.7491" said:Am I wrong for not liking Greatsword??? It often sends me whirling away from my target, and over cliffs...other players watching me probably think I am drunk.

I am not into greatsword for Warrior myself. I have two Warrior characters and am running these two builds:

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Spellbreaker_-_Dagger_Sun_and_MoonI can highly recommend this one, the damage output is insane.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Berserker_-_Burning_BurstNot quite as much damage but a lot of fun to play and still very efficient. Also offers great CC.

As for your weapon question, only to make this clear: when you have "only" one weapon placed in one of your two sets, it automatically uses the second weapon from your other weapon set. In that case, that other weapon's stats and boni do apply as well.

Hmm I read it differently than I've seen it explained here, so I will try to keep it general and informative.

• Superior Sigil of Cleansing will remove conditions only when you swap to the weaponset that has it equipped.

So if you run gs/x and have it on greatsword, it will only proc when you go from x to gs and never the other way around.

• Superior Sigil of Force is only active when it's equipped on your current weaponset.

This means if you again run gs/x and have it on gs, it will always be active while you use your gs and never when you use x.

Clarification: Of course if you have them on both sets you will get the full benefit, however if you run Discipline (and therefore have 5 second weapon swap cooldown) then Sigil of Cleansing might not proc every time you swap weapons if it's internal cooldown of 9 seconds hasn't passed (shared between both sigils in either set).

@rng.1024 said:Hmm I read it differently than I've seen it explained here, so I will try to keep it general and informative.

• Superior Sigil of Cleansing will remove conditions only when you swap to the weaponset that has it equipped.

So if you run gs/x and have it on greatsword, it will only proc when you go from x to gs and never the other way around.

• Superior Sigil of Force is only active when it's equipped on your current weaponset.

This means if you again run gs/x and have it on gs, it will always be active while you use your gs and never when you use x.

Clarification: Of course if you have them on both sets you will get the full benefit, however if you run Discipline (and therefore have 5 second weapon swap cooldown) then Sigil of Cleansing might not proc every time you swap weapons if it's internal cooldown of 9 seconds hasn't passed (shared between both sigils in either set).

No your not answering the OPs question, s/he are running axe axe and sometimes mace for cc.The question asked and answered was if weapon swaping with axe in main hand weapon set 1 and axe in off hand weapon set 2, when going from weapon set 2 to 1 would cleanse conditions.

Since 1 slot in each weapon set is blank it counts as the same weapon set even when swaping so it works.