5 soulbeast vs 20 players is that working as intended?

SeikeNz.3526

Sounds like a cry but i wanna know and learn that, how they are just tanking and killing everyone at the enemy keep with only 5 people? they can simple tank everyone and dont receive any dmg at all, l i was receiving 4k dmg+ with 3800 of toughness, even the sieges can't dmg them at all, how they can tank and hit like that? if for some reason you really outnumber them they can just run like they are out of combat with a mount, is this class just broken at wvw?if someone make tank build they are supposed to hit like that?they aren't even dodging they can just tank receiving like 200 dmg from everyone, first i thought that was my fb hitting too low, then i changed to my deadeye full zerk and they received like 500 dmg from him wtf

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tanky boonbeast builds are very hard to bring down and pretty much hardcounters condition damage (like 80% dmg reduction or something like that), but they still live and die by their boons. If you didnt have any boon converters and a random group that have no idea how to pull, cc and separate a group, well you're kitten out of luck. Sitting on siege and peppering them wont accomplish anything.

This really isnt anything different from "normal" classes in WvW today. We had cakewalk on our border yesterday and we needed about those same numbers just to beat 5 of them, which shouldnt really come as a surprise if you know who they are. And that was just meta firebrands, warriors, scrappers revs, etc. We won a fight by tossing moa elixir in their face when they where trying to res a downed, that was hilarious. Then they brought 10 instead. That's WvW.

Apparently the only one that are unaware of this issue are the Anet developers.Everyone in WvW knows that soul beast are overpowered in terms of damage reduction. Soul beast can be extreme DPS and at the same time have a -80% damage reduction.

I am not going to give the build here or else people are going to abuse it more that it already is being abused. If you want to do your own research look at the wiki page on damage reduction

Another hint: Cough cough cough, diviner stats and protection....

yes it is totaly broken class. But you will be miss and have nostalgia to any soulbeast after meeting with skilled warrior who can solo pressure 6-12 players.Also you can on wvw find broken mesmers, thiefs, elems, fb, and revenants ... Be careful and use tp to waypoint asap.

Soulbeasts can be on different ends of the spectrum despite the trope that people in wvw tell you. They can be extremely useless or extremely annoying and broken depending on the person using it. If the person has a quarter of a functioning brain and can understand the concepts of picking a target with a longbow with a range equal to a ballistic missile, he can be useful. Unfortunately majority of players will fall on the not so useful cuz ...reasons, ...yeah. I don't want to get a warning this month so let's just leave it at that. Reasons. Understanding it's usage of boons will lift it a level further up.

Now on your situation though, those are 5 guys. You are 20. Twenty. Bente. Nijuu. Er shi. That's a 4 players vs 1 ratio. There's a problem here in this situation and I don't think it's the soulbeast group.

@Voltekka.2375 said:Ohkaaay, so you tell me that 20 people couldnt bomb and chain cc ONE soulbeast at a time? Or did you just use random skills all the time, while people stacked on lord practicing their pve rotations?Soulbeast is OP, sure, bit in this particular case, seems like this is a l2p issue.

Soalbeast can get out of combat just like engie/thief/mesmer. With beastmode +owl. They often stealth too, it's a rotation that people don't keep up with and when there is 4 others all juggling it can be very chaotic.

If you didn't have a good necro in your group to corrupt all their boons, it is going to be very hard killing boonbeasts.Which is why Necros should almost always be targeted first in a small scale fight because their corrupts can really mess up not just boonbeasts, but almost every other class.Not to mention that most Necros are not good enough to survive focus fire in a small group (myself included).Good Necros who kite and position well in a small group are extremely rare.

vT's Hobo is one of the very good ones.His recent Scourge small scale vids here if you're interested.Very high level stuff from him.He is the type of Necro you need in your group to keel those boonbeasts.

20 clueless randoms against a well organised on voice comms group of 5 almost anything and the 5 anything will run rings around the clueless inside a keep.

what siege did you use? standard ac?

Two superior ballistas fired at same time just after some nice corrupts and it's goodbye to that group. Or just focusing 101. Tickling them when they have massive regen and huge damage reduction isn't going to get you anywhere.

It does serve to illustrate two things: balance in the game is laughable, and secondly a well organised small party still works in wvw. I saw a very good one the other week consisting mainly of thiefs and mesmers and engi who were almost impossible to kill yet were spiking down target after target...whilst mostly being invisible.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Revival

Revival is the process of bringing a player or NPC back from downed or defeated state. Any character can revive another by using the context-sensitive action (default key F) while next to the applicable target. Some NPCs will revive other NPCs and (occasionally) players. The more characters that assist, the faster the revival process completes.

I mean, I can down or even outright kill someone in a crowd with OWP/Sic'em/qz but my skills are on cooldown and half the time any decent group just instantly hugs them with the auto bubble and my work is moot. If you're getting clowned on boonbeasts, when you outnumber them that much then y'all need to do some self reflection.

Lol no ones talking about soulbeast being strong after its considerable nerfs until anet brings up the nerf to autos lmao. The players of this game are so predictable it's sad. So cuz anet brought up nerfing something in their pre notes alot of slb is broken or op post will surface lol maybe soon itl get nerfed to druid state and basically unused, than we can jump to another spec and another spec until all classes but a few are viable and then we can all complain about a stale meta always including the same classes lmao. No wonder games dying, anet gets some decent help with its players who dont want to bother to learn to play. Yeah there is some overturned specs in this game but at this point soulbeast definitely isnt one of them. When's last time it was frequently picked for wvw meta or even high level conquest? Lol yeah soulbeast is a nightmare for people who stand there and eat all hits from rapid fire,those definitely are the people we should be balancing towards right? Lol ok. So this OP has issues with soulbeast but does he see issues with fb,scourge and rev etc? Maybe we should try opting for changes to the modes by changing actual specs that are dominant in each mode so we can get a change in meta and maybe get rid of this pirate ship crap. If anet keeps focusing on nerfs specs that are anoying to bad players and not the fotm specs that are actually op (that most the complainers are usually playing) than this games pvp just gonna sink deeper and deeper. Its probably already sank to far anyway. And lastly there is no spec in this game that's so op or broken 2 or at most 3 people can't kill that one spec unless the person is a far far better player than the other 2 or 3 players,like way better lol. The problem lies in the group of 20 if they couldn't take down a group of 5 of any class or spec that's without a doubt.

It really angers me when players just assume things will die when spamming shit off cd...So few players seem to think that changing up utilities for maximum lock down on a single player isnt an option. People really gotta learn how to swap between aoe focus and single target focus... And to notice when some1 else focuses a single foe so u can help him out.Cmon people use ur eyes and ur brain

If i was on my engi id hone in on one of the soul beast and use magnet, reavels, ccs, whatever to make him waste cds and try to get him away from his group. All classes have skills to lock down some1 but u just gotta let go of that zerg mentality ( and the zerg build)

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Lol no ones talking about soulbeast being strong after its considerable nerfs until anet brings up the nerf to autos lmao. The players of this game are so predictable it's sad. So cuz anet brought up nerfing something in their pre notes alot of slb is broken or op post will surface lol maybe soon itl get nerfed to druid state and basically unused, than we can jump to another spec and another spec until all classes but a few are viable and then we can all complain about a stale meta always including the same classes lmao. No wonder games dying, anet gets some decent help with its players who dont want to bother to learn to play. Yeah there is some overturned specs in this game but at this point soulbeast definitely isnt one of them. When's last time it was frequently picked for wvw meta or even high level conquest? Lol yeah soulbeast is a nightmare for people who stand there and eat all hits from rapid fire,those definitely are the people we should be balancing towards right? Lol ok. So this OP has issues with soulbeast but does he see issues with fb,scourge and rev etc? Maybe we should try opting for changes to the modes by changing actual specs that are dominant in each mode so we can get a change in meta and maybe get rid of this pirate ship kitten. If anet keeps focusing on nerfs specs that are anoying to bad players and not the fotm specs that are actually op (that most the complainers are usually playing) than this games pvp just gonna sink deeper and deeper. Its probably already sank to far anyway. And lastly there is no spec in this game that's so op or broken 2 or at most 3 people can't kill that one spec unless the person is a far far better player than the other 2 or 3 players,like way better lol. The problem lies in the group of 20 if they couldn't take down a group of 5 of any class or spec that's without a doubt.

we found a soulbeast guys!!im talking about wvw, at spvp they are very balanced to me, i just wanted to know how they did that and sorry but killing everyone in 2 skills and taking 200 dmg is not about a l2p issue, its about balance issues

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Lol no ones talking about soulbeast being strong after its considerable nerfs until anet brings up the nerf to autos lmao. The players of this game are so predictable it's sad. So cuz anet brought up nerfing something in their pre notes alot of slb is broken or op post will surface lol maybe soon itl get nerfed to druid state and basically unused, than we can jump to another spec and another spec until all classes but a few are viable and then we can all complain about a stale meta always including the same classes lmao. No wonder games dying, anet gets some decent help with its players who dont want to bother to learn to play. Yeah there is some overturned specs in this game but at this point soulbeast definitely isnt one of them. When's last time it was frequently picked for wvw meta or even high level conquest? Lol yeah soulbeast is a nightmare for people who stand there and eat all hits from rapid fire,those definitely are the people we should be balancing towards right? Lol ok. So this OP has issues with soulbeast but does he see issues with fb,scourge and rev etc? Maybe we should try opting for changes to the modes by changing actual specs that are dominant in each mode so we can get a change in meta and maybe get rid of this pirate ship kitten. If anet keeps focusing on nerfs specs that are anoying to bad players and not the fotm specs that are actually op (that most the complainers are usually playing) than this games pvp just gonna sink deeper and deeper. Its probably already sank to far anyway. And lastly there is no spec in this game that's so op or broken 2 or at most 3 people can't kill that one spec unless the person is a far far better player than the other 2 or 3 players,like way better lol. The problem lies in the group of 20 if they couldn't take down a group of 5 of any class or spec that's without a doubt.

we found a soulbeast guys!!im talking about wvw, at spvp they are very balanced to me, i just wanted to know how they did that and sorry but killing everyone in 2 skills and taking 200 dmg is not about a l2p issue, its about balance issues

So you pull out this guys post, despite:

@Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:It really angers me when players just assume things will die when spamming kitten off cd...So few players seem to think that changing up utilities for maximum lock down on a single player isnt an option. People really gotta learn how to swap between aoe focus and single target focus... And to notice when some1 else focuses a single foe so u can help him out.Cmon people use ur eyes and ur brain

If i was on my engi id hone in on one of the soul beast and use magnet, reavels, ccs, whatever to make him waste cds and try to get him away from his group. All classes have skills to lock down some1 but u just gotta let go of that zerg mentality ( and the zerg build)

And

@"ArchonWing.9480" said:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Revival

Revival is the process of bringing a player or NPC back from downed or defeated state. Any character can revive another by using the context-sensitive action (default key F) while next to the applicable target. Some NPCs will revive other NPCs and (occasionally) players. The more characters that assist, the faster the revival process completes.

I mean, I can down or even outright kill someone in a crowd with OWP/Sic'em/qz but my skills are on cooldown and half the time any decent group just instantly hugs them with the auto bubble and my work is moot. If you're getting clowned on boonbeasts, when you outnumber them that much then y'all need to do some self reflection.

And:

@Baldrick.8967 said:20 clueless randoms against a well organised on voice comms group of 5 almost anything and the 5 anything will run rings around the clueless inside a keep.

what siege did you use? standard ac?

Two superior ballistas fired at same time just after some nice corrupts and it's goodbye to that group. Or just focusing 101. Tickling them when they have massive regen and huge damage reduction isn't going to get you anywhere.

It does serve to illustrate two things: balance in the game is laughable, and secondly a well organised small party still works in wvw. I saw a very good one the other week consisting mainly of thiefs and mesmers and engi who were almost impossible to kill yet were spiking down target after target...whilst mostly being invisible.

And:

@Voltekka.2375 said:Ohkaaay, so you tell me that 20 people couldnt bomb and chain cc ONE soulbeast at a time? Or did you just use random skills all the time, while people stacked on lord practicing their pve rotations?Soulbeast is OP, sure, bit in this particular case, seems like this is a l2p issue.

Sooo... yeah... it’s more likely learn to play.

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

What class do you play, maybe I can help?

I can 1v2 soulbeasts as a Reaper which should be a losing match up for me even in a 1v1.

post your class, or complain, up to you.

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

Lol I will not lie I love me some slb but I've wrecked a many while playing thief and have been destroyed by many but such as it goes lol. I definitely wouldn't consider slb one of the OP specs when considering what's floating around in game these days.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Lol I will not lie I love me some slb but I've wrecked a many while playing thief and have been destroyed by many but such as it goes lol. I definitely wouldn't consider slb one of the OP specs when considering what's floating around in game these days.

im not talking about every soulbeast im talking about that group in particular