Now Ele seems rather balanced to play...or is it my imagination?

Arheundel.6451

Recently started taking Ele into WvW. I'm noticing that my skill greatly affects how well I do. If I'm against somebody better than I am, I get utterly creamed. But if I fight somebody worse than I am, it is I who do the creaming. The best example I have of this is a recent bought where a group of 5 guys took a tower guarded by 3 people. Two of those were scourges. One of them had the legendary WvW backpack, and the other one didn't. The backpack guy didn't die once, even as the tower was lost. He killed me quite a few times. The other scourge... I stomped into the ground 2 times, in which he ambushed me from behind. Nearly 3, but backpack guy saved him on that last one.

I do have my complaints about the class, but overall it seems like it is in a good place.

Ele is quite balanced right now, and more so as other specs and classes start to get their trade-offs and become less OP.

But still, Ele has a lot of wasted potential being locked up in certain styles and not taking opportunity of the class natural versatility. Examples:

• Aura buffs are independent of aura duration, so you can just spam auras for more buffs instead of having any benefit for longer duration auras (from runes or traits) or managing auras and transmutes better.
  • Aura share is in water. This locks aura based support into a defensive support. If aura-share was in tempest, it would open the possibility of being an offensive support with other attunement traitlines.
  • No access to quickness. A wasted opportunity on the air line.
  • Terrible access to stability. Armor of earth needs to pulse stability and protection... earth line needs to provide better source of stab.
  • Condi cleanse in both fire and water. Yes, we wanted another way to deal with condis besides water, but it didn't have to be the same thing. Give fire the ability to resist conditions with a trait that makes fire auras provide resistance (the buff) instead of just cleansing. Have water eles cleanse and fire eles resist...

@Fueki.4753 said:

@MyPuppy.8970 said:Ele has Always had trade offs. Now others start to get some too.

It feels like the low armour and health currently have no positive trade-off.Ele used to have stellar damage as a trade-off, but that's long gone.

I don't get the point of shoving the squishiest profession into melee.

I think in Anets mind, having water and earth attunement for defense and healing were the trade offs. We all know it's more complicated than that though.

Its been balanced for a long time it was just balancing for before all of the expansion and elite spec. Rock Solid is an good example of this. This gives 1 stab when you swap to earth for 2 sec. In the old stab system this was an ok skill as one stab would last for all of the hard cc applied to you. After the stab system was updated for stacking this has become mostly worthless. That the thing about ele often its the last class to have its effect updated to current game.

Ele did get some nice updates to the class and has gotten better there are still massive lag behind skill and traits that need to be update badly.

Just bugs me the other Major Master in earth got updated but Rock solid still untouched if any thing it was nerfed even more taking away its dobble swap effect for weaver.

@Razor.6392 said:No. It was destroyed in pve. No other class has nerfs of this caliber.

@Trollocks.5084 said:

@Razor.6392 said:No. It was destroyed in pve. No other class has nerfs of this caliber.

lolollllolololololololllolollolollolollolol

No he is right depends how you look at this he is right Staff Tempest before PoF did 38k DPS now max 22k not viable in PvE endcontent any more. On start of PoF Staff Weaver did around 40k DPS now 30k DPS(on a longer rota 28-29k peak 31.8K) which makes it viable but not meta.

Swordweaver is really hard to play most players choose a entire different profession then going with that on top of that it isn't really a caster class so not interesting for 'mages'.The current Tempest build has its own problems in terms of rota but the main issues is its only good for raids(or some open worlds bosses) not for fractals.

On top of that the core class is unplayable in PvE unlike other professions = warrior , guardian

Okay it is true Ele did over archive in the past you need to consider this : In an other MMO the publisher made once a poll about what class you play I said Mages will dominate the result (more specific Mage/Priest). They said max 20% ,result was 70% playing it as main xD

The past success was because a lot of people playing Ele and Arena.NET also reacting to it but it also don't help when those players have long faces.

[uPDATE]Nahhhhhhhh...it was all my imagination...all those updates were hopus bogus BS...it's still the same trash gameplay ....virtually a free kill outside the gimmick fire sword weaver which will soon be nerfed in line with ele tradition : " thou shall not be a threat to others" ; virtually a free kill because you just go there trying your hardest to beat a below average hamster using an other profession , doing 2x your dmg and having 3x your sustain without even trying.

Still the same shit : hard for the sake of being harder without any major benefit class...sorry for wasting your time guys

I do quite well on tempest in pvp, I havent given it a try in wvw, but ive been considering getting back into the pve content to see how it goes.. I think ele is in an okay spot, just wish they had more escape opportunities and condi cleanse. Which mode do you play in?

@"Arheundel.6451" said:[uPDATE]Nahhhhhhhh...it was all my imagination...all those updates were hopus bogus BS...it's still the same trash gameplay ....virtually a free kill outside the gimmick fire sword weaver which will soon be nerfed in line with ele tradition : " thou shall not be a threat to others" ; virtually a free kill because you just go there trying your hardest to beat a below average hamster using an other profession , doing 2x your dmg and having 3x your sustain without even trying.

Still the same kitten : hard for the sake of being harder without any major benefit class...sorry for wasting your time guys

I would gave Swordweaver a B- most meta build a around A class it not trash but the higher you get in the ranking the weaker the build gets in compare to others.

@Fueki.4753 said:

@MyPuppy.8970 said:Ele has Always had trade offs. Now others start to get some too.

It feels like the low armour and health currently have no positive trade-off.Ele used to have stellar damage as a trade-off, but that's long gone.

I don't get the point of shoving the squishiest profession into melee.

Me neither..nobody get it except the devs..so we know that ele design makes zero sense in practice

@Stallic.2397 said:

@MyPuppy.8970 said:I've climbed from silver to plat 2 soloqing with core DD. I know the game mode is pretty dead, but the class is still enjoyable.

Traitlines? Amulet? Rune?

Depends on team and ennemy comp. I mostly run fire/water/arcane. Trait choice depends if ennemy team is condi heavy or not, or if i judge my team may need support. Amulet can vary from power, condi, hybrid, or sometimes menders if everyone is all dps. Rune choice depends on the mood and inspiration :p I play full cantrips though.

I play full cantrips though.Other than cantrips and ad the Arcane Shield with stunbreak, I wouldn't even know what to bring in PvP as Elementalist.I don't even know which Elite skill to take, since they all seem bad for pvp.

I use Tornado. Not that I have much choice to begin with... Very situational and a double edged sword. But it is useful under the right conditions. Great for watching downed bodies fly. Seems to be blocked by certain skills although it is supposed to be unblockable. Will never be fixed probably.

I play full cantrips though.Other than cantrips and ad the Arcane Shield with stunbreak, I wouldn't even know what to bring in PvP as Elementalist.I don't even know which Elite skill to take, since they all seem bad for pvp.

I use Tornado. Not that I have much choice to begin with... Very situational and a double edged sword. But it is useful under the right conditions. Great for watching downed bodies fly. Seems to be blocked by certain skills although it is supposed to be unblockable. Will never be fixed probably.

It's a fun skill that really surprises people. With high power and crit chance you can cause incredible damage. It's situational though.

Too bad it doesn't give you additional health or increased toughness to survive. I can't seem to use that skill for many situations since defense is so vital for pvp ele

It's a fun skill that really surprises people. With high power and crit chance you can cause incredible damage. It's situational though.

Too bad it doesn't give you additional health or increased toughness to survive. I can't seem to use that skill for many situations since defense is so vital for pvp ele

It doesn't? I haven't paid much attention but it used to give additional health iirc. I use it to deny rez/stomp most of the time or remove garbage out of the node. Or vs mirage clone spam, condies don't hurt too much if you stand still on the node and let the tornado do its stuff. That's like a huge vacuum cleaner or rather dust remover in fact. It's also good to remove stab and bait dodges. It can wreak havoc with a marauder amulet and lightning rod, but you'd rather use it cautiously, since you're still an ele after all. Should be naturally immune to immob though.