Attempting to pin-point lag source ; currently impossible.

I have been randomly getting sudden ping spikes (from usually 40 and below to over 1000 and even 2000) and I have been unable to identify the source.

The software I use (Pingplotter) tells me that I have 100% packet loss on all servers I go on… which is impossible since I actually get a response on my game.However, when it comes to pingplotter, the server itself seems not to be responding to it… I do not know how to fix this problem and although getting an ethernet cable fixed it for maybe 3 months, it suddenly came back…

I am starting to wonder if it could be someone within my area just messing with my wifi :/

Anyone can help?

@killfil.3472 said:I have been randomly getting sudden ping spikes (from usually 40 and below to over 1000 and even 2000) and I have been unable to identify the source.

The software I use (Pingplotter) tells me that I have 100% packet loss on all servers I go on… which is impossible since I actually get a response on my game.However, when it comes to pingplotter, the server itself seems not to be responding to it… I do not know how to fix this problem and although getting an ethernet cable fixed it for maybe 3 months, it suddenly came back…

I am starting to wonder if it could be someone within my area just messing with my wifi :/

Anyone can help?

Well have you tried connecting it with a cable to see if that fixes it?

@killfil.3472 said:I have been randomly getting sudden ping spikes (from usually 40 and below to over 1000 and even 2000) and I have been unable to identify the source.

Anyone can help?

You are getting the 100% loss because amazon servers disable the ability to ping the server itself. So naturally you will always see 100% loss / no response.

@Linken.6345 said:

Anyone can help?

Well have you tried connecting it with a cable to see if that fixes it?

I assume you mean an ethernet cable? I have. Only worked for roughly 3 months...