You can do raids with 0 experience, here s how I did it.

Hex.8714

Those people that are complaining that raids are too difficult and too inaccessible and elitist simply dont want to make any effort on their end and they just want to join raids with their open world pve build and expect to get carried. The truth is gw2 raids are extremly easy and can be completed with literally 1000 ping because theres very few one shot attacks that will insta kill you like in some other games, its just mini mechanics that you have to know to not wipe the group. Raids do not require much mechanical skill at all, so even " bad players" can complete them easely especially with meta boon stacked comps + 2 healers, i repeat you dont need skill to do raids in gw2.

So how do you get into raids with 0 experience? Well first of all you need to at least make yourself useful and pick a role that will help your group, joining raids isint much about you but about the group, how can you make yourself useful? The easiest role is DPS, you want to pick a meta build from snowcrows website and learn the rotation on the golem. Most classes have a viable dps build, if your class isint a top tier dps, it can surely have another role like boons/heals. Then you simply wait till a group asks for that specific role on the lfg. If you can multi class and gear up multiple chars you will find a group alot faster.

Then you want to watch some video guides of boss encounters or if you are too lazy like me, you can join groups that say semi+ exp or dont ask for KP. Now listen to this, this is very important what im gonna say, it only takes literally about 3 wipes for you to learn all boss mechanics assuming you get it at least to 50%, 25% or 10% depending on the boss. The scary part is only the initial part when you re totally clueless, after 3 pulls you wont be clueless anymore, dont be afraid to join groups.

What happens if you get kicked? Nothing happens, dont try to whisper the commander and dont be mad just join another group, as I said it only takes 2-3 pulls for you to learn. I rarely see people getting kicked, some people tell some total bs stories that I ve never seen myself of heard of. Ive literally played a DPS class with with some rare pieces for the first 3 weeks and only got kicked once because it was SH and I was playing power DPS instead of condi. Most grps wont kick you for bad dps, they will only kick if you wipe the group, like dropping poison on grp at matt or bombing group at dhum etc.

Another easy way to get into raids is just to always keep an eye on lfg for training groups but you might have to wait a long time for that for the specific raid that you want, id suggest just joining the semi exp ones or the ones that dont ask for KP assuming you did some research about the mechanics.

Then obviously people ask how do they find groups when they have the experience but dont have much KP. You can either be honest with the commander and tell them you are a good player and to give you a chance and if you mess up tell them to feel free to kick you out. Or you can use fake KP like alot of people do since lets be real nobody carries all boss tokens on all their characters. Id suggest using fake KP only if you can do close to SC benchmark and are a good player otherwise it will be too obvious, just be honest and try to not join super high KP grps until you have some or until you get more experience.

So quick recap on how to get into raids with 0 experience:step 1: get rid of your open world pve build and find a meta raid build that you like on snowcrows websitestep 2: practice the dps rotation on the golemstep 3: watch videos or guides of raid bosses then join semi exp/ training / non kp groupsstep 4: learn from your failures, as I said it will only take you 2-3 pulls to learn all boss mechanics

Gw2 raids are easy, people are just lazy and dont want to adapt or change their build, obviously some players are just bad but they dont want to admit but the majority are just too lazy, I was even too lazy to watch any guides I would just join and hope for the best, it still ended up working because gw2 raids are a joke. So dont be afraid to try, theres nothing elite or hardcore about raids, the truth is hardcore players dont play this game. Have fun in raids.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Hex.8714" said:Those people that are complaining that raids are too difficult and too inaccessible and elitist simply dont want to make any effort on their end and they just want to join raids with their open world pve build and expect to get carried. The truth is gw2 raids are extremly easy and can be completed with literally 1000 ping because theres very few one shot attacks that will insta kill you like in some other games, its just mini mechanics that you have to know to not wipe the group. Raids do not require much mechanical skill at all, so even " bad players" can complete them easely especailly with meta boon stacked comps + 2 healers, i repeat you dont need skill to do raids in gw2.

So how do you get into raids with 0 experience? Well first of all you need to at least make yourself useful and pick a role that will help your group, joining raids isint much about you but about the group, how can you make yourself useful? The easiest role is DPS, you want to pick a meta build from snowcrows website and learn the rotation on the golem. Most classes have a viable dps build, if your class isint a top tier dps, it can surely have another role like boons/heals. Then you simply wait till a group asks for that specific role on the lfg. If you can multi class and gear up multiple chars you will find a group alot faster.

Then you want to watch some video guides of boss encounters or if you are too lazy like me, you can join groups that say semi+ exp or dont ask for KP. Now listen to this, this is very important what im gonna say, it only takes literally about 3 wipes for you to learn all boss mechanics assuming you get it at least to 50%, 25% or 10% depending on the boss. The scary part is only the initial part when you re totally clueless, after 3 pulls you wont be clueless anymore, dont be afraid to join groups.

What happens if you get kicked? Nothing happens, dont try to whisper the commander and dont be mad just join another group, as I said it only takes 2-3 pulls for you to learn. I rarely see people getting kicked, some people tell some total bs stories that I ve never seen myself of heard of. Ive literally played a DPS class with with some rare pieces for the first 3 weeks and only got kicked once because it was SH and I was playing power DPS instead of condi. Most grps wont kick you for bad dps, they will only kick if you wipe the group, like dropping poison on grp at matt or bombing group at dhum etc.

Another easy way to get into raids is just to always keep an eye on lfg for training groups but you might have to wait a long time for that for the specific raid that you want, id suggest just joining the semi exp ones or the ones that dont ask for KP assuming you did some research about the mechanics.

Then obviously people ask how do they find groups when they have the experience but dont have much KP. You can either be honest with the commander and tell them you are a good player and to give you a chance and if you mess up tell them to feel free to kick you out. Or you can use fake KP like alot of people do since lets be real nobody carries all boss tokens on all their characters. Id suggest using fake KP only if you can do close to SC benchmark and are a good player otherwise it will be too obvious, just be honest and try to not join super high KP grps until you have some or until you get more experience.

So quick recap on how to get into raids with 0 experience:step 1: get rid of your open world pve build and find a meta raid build that you like on snowcrows websitestep 2: practice the dps rotation on the golemstep 3: watch videos or guides of raid bosses then join semi exp/ training / non kp groupsstep 4: learn from your failures, as I said it will only take you 2-3 pulls to learn all boss mechanics

Gw2 raids are easy, people are just lazy and dont want to adapt or change their build, obviously some players are just bad but they dont want to admit but the majority are just too lazy, I was even too lazy to watch any guides I would just join and hope for the best, it still ended up working because gw2 raids are a joke. So dont be afraid to try, theres nothing elite or hardcore about raids, the truth is hardcore players dont play this game. Have fun in raids.

I agree that raids are easy. However you've literally just listed all the barriers people perceive in raids. Here's how casuals see your advice

1. Change my build, what's wrong with my build? Its worked for me this far. I've beaten story and literally all open world with it. Its fine as is. I don't want to run some cookie cutter build someone else made.
  2. Sounds pretty boring to me. Let me fight the boss.
  3. Would rather just play the game.
  4. Raids are too hard. I've been fine with the game so far why are raids just gimmicks and cheese fests to create artificial difficulty?

Those are actual responses I've heard on this forum.

@Shikaru.7618 said:

@"Hex.8714" said:Those people that are complaining that raids are too difficult and too inaccessible and elitist simply dont want to make any effort on their end and they just want to join raids with their open world pve build and expect to get carried. The truth is gw2 raids are extremly easy and can be completed with literally 1000 ping because theres very few one shot attacks that will insta kill you like in some other games, its just mini mechanics that you have to know to not wipe the group. Raids do not require much mechanical skill at all, so even " bad players" can complete them easely especailly with meta boon stacked comps + 2 healers, i repeat you dont need skill to do raids in gw2.

I agree that raids are easy. However you've literally just listed all the barriers people perceive in raids. Here's how casuals see your advice
  1. Change my build, what's wrong with my build? Its worked for me this far. I've beaten story and literally all open world with it. Its fine as is. I don't want to run some cookie cutter build someone else made.
  4. Raids are too hard. I've been fine with the game so far why are raids just gimmicks and cheese fests to create artificial difficulty?

Then those players aren't the target demographic of raids and I'd honestly prefer not to have them in my group.

I think OP is more talking about those "well i'd love to get into raiding but it's so hard"-kinda people.

When you wipe in a raid it take forever to start the fight again (this is a problem that stem from the number of people involved and can't be helped), that's why most people give up and say that "it's to hard". The more time you spend on a boss, the more you feel like you waste your time. Some people enjoy failure and call this challenge, most people with limited time at hand just prefer to say "it's too hard!" and turn themselve toward more "accessible" activity that don't give them the feeling of wasting their time.

@yusayu.3629 said:

Then those players aren't the target demographic of raids and I'd honestly prefer not to have them in my group.

I think OP is more talking about those "well i'd love to get into raiding but it's so hard"-kinda people.

Tbh those people are already raiding.

Playing as a DPS is super easy. If you do more DPS than support chrono, you're fine. If you're DPS player, you don't have to do mechanics, like cannons at Sabetha (I still don't know the pattern xD, I'm always avoiding this role), mushrooms at Sloth or pylons at Qadim 2.0. Just stack with others and deal damage. You have to know your rotation, but everything can be learned. Just spend some time with Golem.The problem is when someone fails an important mechanic or dies at one of these one-shot mechanics (like flamewall). Raids are difficult because of other people making mistakes.

@Antycypator.9874 said:Playing as a DPS is super easy. If you do more DPS than support chrono, you're fine. If you're DPS player, you don't have to do mechanics, like cannons at Sabetha (I still don't know the pattern xD, I'm always avoiding this role), mushrooms at Sloth or pylons at Qadim 2.0. Just stack with others and deal damage. You have to know your rotation, but everything can be learned. Just spend some time with Golem.

Uh... i have yet found a pug group that would let me do Cannons as a Chrono. Or Shrooms as a Chrono. Pugs refuse to let you do that when you are on a supportive role. You will need to do some mechanics as a dps player, so you better learn them.

@Antycypator.9874 said:Playing as a DPS is super easy. If you do more DPS than support chrono, you're fine. If you're DPS player, you don't have to do mechanics, like cannons at Sabetha (I still don't know the pattern xD, I'm always avoiding this role), mushrooms at Sloth or pylons at Qadim 2.0. Just stack with others and deal damage. You have to know your rotation, but everything can be learned. Just spend some time with Golem.The problem is when someone fails an important mechanic or dies at one of these one-shot mechanics (like flamewall). Raids are difficult because of other people making mistakes.

Some groups do have DPS do cannons.

You don’t need to memorize the order they spawn although the pattern is simple enough to memorize. Normally we assign someone to the 1st and 3rd spawns and someone else to the 2nd and 4th. All they really need to do is watch the mini map and do every other cannon.

@RaidsAreEasyAF.8652 said:

@Antycypator.9874 said:Playing as a DPS is super easy. If you do more DPS than support chrono, you're fine. If you're DPS player, you don't have to do mechanics, like cannons at Sabetha (I still don't know the pattern xD, I'm always avoiding this role), mushrooms at Sloth or pylons at Qadim 2.0. Just stack with others and deal damage. You have to know your rotation, but everything can be learned. Just spend some time with Golem.

Uh... i have yet found a pug group that would let me do Cannons as a Chrono. Or Shrooms as a Chrono. Pugs refuse to let you do that when you are on a supportive role. You will need to do some mechanics as a dps player, so you better learn them.

I mean someone has to do it (DPS player), but there's a high chance to avoid this role.

@Antycypator.9874 said:

I mean someone has to do it (DPS player), but there's a high chance to avoid this role.

Are you eu or na?

@"Hex.8714" said:So quick recap on how to get into raids with 0 experience:step 1: get rid of your open world pve build and find a meta raid build that you like on snowcrows websitestep 2: practice the dps rotation on the golemstep 3: watch videos or guides of raid bosses then join semi exp/ training / non kp groupsstep 4: learn from your failures, as I said it will only take you 2-3 pulls to learn all boss mechanicsstep 5: pray for somehow finding a raid static or stick for ages in training raids. Cuz, you know, overwhelming majority of pug raids are "50+ KP or gtfo".But worry not! You always can get them by paying to these nice guys who occupied raid LFG with their oh so very helpful and totally not annoying sell ads.

@"Rednik.3809" said:anicsstep 5: pray for somehow finding a raid static or stick for ages in training raids. Cuz, you know, overwhelming majority of pug raids are "50+ KP or gtfo".But worry not! You always can get them by paying to these nice guys who occupied raid LFG with their oh so very helpful and totally not annoying sell ads.

If you don't like the pug requirements make your own group with lower ones. But to be fair, finding GUILDS for whatever reason, not only for raid statics, is a hard process in the game as there is zero guild exposure anywhere outside of map chat.

@maddoctor.2738 said:If you don't like the pug requirements make your own group with lower ones. But to be fair, finding GUILDS for whatever reason, not only for raid statics, is a hard process in the game as there is zero guild exposure anywhere outside of map chat.Oh, right, I forgot about this possibility, thanks. It needs a small correction tho, for reality sakestep 5a: make your own raid group, preferably with 300+ LI/100+ KP requirements and get your free ride. Nobody is checking RL LI anyway.

@Rednik.3809 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:If you don't like the pug requirements make your own group with lower ones. But to be fair, finding GUILDS for whatever reason, not only for raid statics, is a hard process in the game as there is zero guild exposure anywhere outside of map chat.Oh, right, I forgot about this possibility, thanks. It needs a small correction tho, for reality sakestep 5a: make your own raid group, preferably with 300+ LI/100+ KP requirements and get your free ride. Nobody is checking RL LI anyway.

Oh belive me after afew screw ups your low Li/kp will be exposed be ready for the leaving in droves mate.

This is the only useful part of the post that actually help people. Just fake KP or hope Commander doesn't kick you.

@Linken.6345 said:

Are you eu or na?

EU

Most of the entry barriers people keep comlaining about are self imposed. Something that shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone at this point. Especially if you have any experience running your own training raids or trying to get casual friends into raids. I could tell you an anecdote or two about players who were so convinced they play great builds and have top DPS performance and that golem training and reading guides was way beneath them just to be beaten by supports in Minstrel gear. All of this when they were actually given and provided with all of the help needed to make the raid a breeze.

Keep teaching people how to fake LI and keep claiming LI linking is the only reason people "are not able to get into raids" all you like, we wouldn't see a requirement of 100 for the easiest of easy bosses if most of the new raiders actually bothered to go through step 1-4.

@yusayu.3629 said:

That's the point : .most of the players are not the demographic of the raids. They should simply change raid to let people just play them like a T1 fractal that is with any build

@xenon.3264 said:

That's the point : .most of the players are not the demographic of the raids. They should simply change raid to let people just play them like a T1 fractal that is with any build

Why?Should they also change each other part of pve so raiders dont die from too much sleep?

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

Why?Should they also change each other part of pve so raiders dont die from too much sleep?

The rest of pve is ok . It is raid which sufferers lack of players. Maybe the avarage pvers need raid to be changed . Do it and maybe they will start raiding. Leave it like it is now and raid are doomed like they just are now.

Let's be honest

@xenon.3264 said:

The rest of pve is ok . It is raid which sufferers lack of players. Maybe the avarage pvers need raid to be changed . Do it and maybe they will start raiding. Leave it like it is now and raid are doomed like they just are now.

Let's be honest

Then let raids be doomed.

The problems caused with free loot from raids would far outweigh the problems caused from abandoning the content.

@xenon.3264 said:

Let's be honest

Interesting. Rest of PvE is OK from YOUR point of view. From mine (and all of my active guildmates), rest of pve is endless grind with 0 skill needed that basicaly plays itself. Raids might be doomed but the reason is not the lack of players but the fact that we need to wait 9 months minimum for new wing. And last wing was way too easy for most raiders to satisfy them until next raidwing if it is even coming.

If it would be up to me, I would turn HoT dificulty back to relese and change the rest of the game too while we are at it. I am not asking for it because I know there are players that want it as it is. It is funny that (some) casual players dont treat raiders the same way as that.

@"Cyninja.2954" said:Then let raids be doomed.

The problems caused with free loot from raids would far outweigh the problems caused from abandoning the content.

Raiders would rather raids be killed than stop gatekeeping. wow.

What's wrong with "free loot from raids" anyways? Another thing that raiders can't use as a gatekeeping tool if the 'average player' had easier access to it than crafting???

Sorry but this whole thread is just inane. The raiding community has made a set of hoops to jump through that literally no other game has while simultaneously telling everyone "raids aren't hard" and making up this mythical 'casual player' that has a build so bad that waiders can't beat their waids.

Yall just like gatekeeping and acting like you're better than everyone else. Simple as that. Full Stop.