Tell me about your placements

Dreams.3128

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7-3 like always...solo queued. 3 were unwinnable because of enemy team duos. 3 were stomps with good duos on my team and none on theres and 4 were actually good games because everyone was solo and I was able to carry.

Duo is bad.

Also, everyone ‘throws’ now. There are about 10 people who still play PvP who know 100% of the time what they are doing.

@Interpretor.3091 said:7-3 like always...solo queued. 3 were unwinnable because of enemy team duos. 3 were stomps with good duos on my team and none on theres and 4 were actually good games because everyone was solo and I was able to carry.

Duo is bad.

Also, everyone ‘throws’ now. There are about 10 people who still play PvP who know 100% of the time what they are doing.

Feelsbadman.

It sucks honestly. No one really has the spirit anymore, especially in lower tiers.They just quit or afk for quick pips.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@Interpretor.3091 said:7-3 like always...solo queued. 3 were unwinnable because of enemy team duos. 3 were stomps with good duos on my team and none on theres and 4 were actually good games because everyone was solo and I was able to carry.

Duo is bad.

Feelsbadman.

It sucks honestly. No one really has the spirit anymore, especially in lower tiers.They just quit or afk for quick pips.

There’s no point honestly. There is NO support for PvP now, not even a little. On top of that, there is so much to learn outside of pure competitive meta vs meta PvP. In ranked, if you arent aware of every single ability and trait from all professions, solo q can be a complete coinflip in terms of countering and playing against other players. You can’t even inspect what other players are playing until the game starts and you have to fight them and see their abilities.At least in MaTs you have an idea of what the other team’s comp is/will be, but even last minute swaps ruin that too.Not saying we had a chance, but the last time I played in a MaT, Helio swapped last second from Spellbreaker (mirror matchup) to Condi Mirage as a side laner and absolutely shit on me in game because it counters warrior. How is that even fair? Am I supposed to swap mid game to Scrapper to counter him and suffer a 60 second respond timer?

Placements are interesting. I’ve found I can solo q and not see 1 good player hence I can squeeze out 8-2 or 9-1 commonly. This can get me any where from plat2-3. No different this still happened on 1 of my accounts it strange that only after I hit top tier elo that I see teams that are hard to get. After placements I usually need to duo q to keep this up

Ended Platinum 2 at 1630 pts, was Platinum 1 ~half last season.

Won 8 games, lost 2 during placements. Since then I'm like staying at the edge of Platinum 2 with matches that give 7-9 pts while losses are often -17 and more.

I'm only soloQ unless good friend of mine needs a hand because of throwers/afkers, don't mind risking the pts for it.

I had the worst placements I've ever had this season. Felt as if 7/10 matches had someone not log in, afk straight out the gate, or "get angry" because they ran 1-3 into a fight and then died almost immediately. They promptly afk and just type in base the rest of the match. I can't tell anymore if someone is throwing deliberately, just getting angry, a bot, or trolling. It feels more often than not you are fighting the queue to get put on a team with people that actually want to play, the rest of the time is filled with I don't know what.

I think I ended 3-7 or 2-8, somewhere around 1100 and am slowing climbing my way back up to P1. Currently at 1430-1440ish? I know I'm not great at the game but for most seasons I've hovered G3-P1, very occasionally peaking at P2. I used to end placements right around P1 but last 3 seasons I've had bad placements. Most likely me just getting worse at the game but /shrug.

I do remember specifically the first match of the season put me against 2 top 10 players (they weren't duo IIRC but they were top tier). We had a thief that went for lord 30 seconds into the game and somehow sat in the enemy base not actually doing anything. Eventually one of the enemy team walked over and killed them. Then we got farmed the rest of the match. The very next match, my side had an afk from the start.

The biggest difference for a while now though, is that I feel what I do does not have much of an impact anymore. It seems the matches are mostly decided before the game even begins. I used to feel that I could kind of tell, "Oh I fucked up really bad here, that probably cost us, or oh I'm not playing so well to complement the team", etc... Now I feel no matter how well or poorly I do, the match will play out either in winning or losing streaks, until some condition is met, then it repeats.

I would like to see less gaming of the system and more punishment for people abusing it. It's frustrating to see things like people duo queuing as X classes, only to see them swap last second to those classes counters, to have an easy match-up. I would prefer no class swapping once queued in (do other games allow class swapping once you've seen the match-up?) but I guess that would require a more balanced matchmaker to not sway one side or another. Or known players afking for many seasons and them still having access to ranked. Maybe you don't want to ban them entirely but at least ban them from ranked or something?

@Dantheman.3589 said:Placements are interesting. I’ve found I can solo q and not see 1 good player hence I can squeeze out 8-2 or 9-1 commonly. This can get me any where from plat2-3. No different this still happened on 1 of my accounts it strange that only after I hit top tier elo that I see teams that are hard to get. After placements I usually need to duo q to keep this up

tHESE ARE THE TYPE OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE MANY ACCOUTS WHOP LONG IN JUST FOR GOLD ASND AGK AND DCE but plays on his main. Many like him

@Thanks.6859 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:Placements are interesting. I’ve found I can solo q and not see 1 good player hence I can squeeze out 8-2 or 9-1 commonly. This can get me any where from plat2-3. No different this still happened on 1 of my accounts it strange that only after I hit top tier elo that I see teams that are hard to get. After placements I usually need to duo q to keep this up

tHESE ARE THE TYPE OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE MANY ACCOUTS WHOP LONG IN JUST FOR GOLD ASND AGK AND DCE but plays on his main. Many like him

Your right it’s actually possible to maintain plat3 solo q as long as u keep games to the minimum.

Lost almost all of my placements(there was nothing I could do, all decided by matchmaking), I've won almost all matches since(most of it also decided by matchmaking, incredibly onesided roflstomps). Got placed 1200-ish, climbed to plat 1 since. But I keep facing the same 1200-ish people, because I'm already getting +8 for a win and -17-ish for a loss.... where are the other platinum ranked players?

I've played in the first 13-14 seasons, then I skipped a year, and only started playing again this season... but if this is how it will go I might aswell just stop. Matchmaking/match-quality is horrible, and I say this by comparing it to how it used to be a year ago, not some idealistic perfectionist delusion. PvP really needs a shakeup just to continue it's existence, conquest is on it's deathbed.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

@crepuscular.9047 said:have no idea how the system works....

lost 8 won 2, placed in Gold ¯\
(ツ)

Wait how did you get in gold when I went 3-7 and got thrown into the borderline between silver 3 and gold 1?

kitten?

like i said ¯\(ツ)

not sure if the devs have made modifications to the matchmaker algorithm, so far the experience has been the best I've ever had for the past 5 seasons since i started PvP, except for the very 1st match out from the placements, every match is pretty evenly matched, alway win and loss by a tiny margin

Only won 1 matches in placement and 1 right after, lost all others. (ppl didn't even bother to split to get camps). I ended up in silver 2 but am close to entering bronze for 1st time in my life. But this is the 1st season I felt like hoping for easy fast non pvp dailies since the wait time of queueing is ridiculous this season. Its more like 5 mins waiting before I finally even get into a match. Is there no mesmer playing anymore or something... I play as chronomancer and in all matches of opponents I have seen 2 chronomancers and 1 core mesmer and that all mesmers I have seen. I feel as if they like to match up same class vs same class and if its not around you can wait for a long time in queue. This is at core play times btw.