Condi weaver open world

Shoridan.2569

Hello everyone!

Tl;drLooking for a condi weaver open world build that will be sturdy enough to take on unknown content without relying on downstate dps.

I want to go back to my weaver, which I switched from in favor of a mirage. I really fell in love with the weaver after PoF came out, and loved the hybrid/condi version of it with sword. My only beef was the lack of flexibility in range. Some mobs punish hard for melee, and the fact you cannot switch mid-combat reduces the flexibility of the class for me.

Since then I got spoiled by the tankyness, utility and mobility of condi mirage - even with full viper gear and almost no defenaive traits. Most of the time the mirage mirror (esecially with tormenting runes) would allow you to stay toe-to-toe, and switch to staff/scepter to kill from range once you are out of tricks, while clones distract the mobs.

I remember before on weaver being decent enough to keep myself alive with fire/arcane/weaver, mostly offensive traits and some rabid (mostly viper) gear to not drop instantly.After all the buffs and changes I wonder if there is any build you would suggest to solo content. I know most things can be done solo once you know the encounter and class enough, but I am looking for a general build that would also be sturdy enough to take on unknowns.

I know a mix of fire (dps), earth (def and dps) and arcane (utility) traitlines all fit with condi, but I have to pick two and they can all be used, depending on build.

And on that note - how much of the damage is power responsible for? Do I take a massive hit to dps/burst by switching, say, viper to trailblazer?

Thanks in advance!

In terms of benchmarks you can hit up to 39.7k with full Viper's, which is a mix of 8.5k Power and 31.2 Condition, and it is around a 20% damage loss. That's not it though, since Weave Self provides only condition damage for the rotation; it means that the damage loss will be higher as the uptime of Weave Self isn't near benchmark's, however, there is Strength of Stone which should make up around 7-10% permanent condition damage increase compared to Weave Self's 20% for 30s.

Trailblazer is fine imo if you add in some Grieving/Viper so you make up a bit for the Power/Precision loss. I find 1700-1800 Toughness enough for a WvW personal support build as I invest in damage afterwards, so you should try and find that Toughness value that makes you feel assured the most.

Finally, keep in mind that Earth line is already a tanky one and half of your damage comes from spending half of your time in Earth attunement, which provides you with an easy 270 Toughness passively.

The build would be the same on snowcrows.com except that you wilp change the gear to Trailblazer for as much Toughness as you need.

I have no expectations of doing meta/raid level dps. I will also lack quickness/alaracity which makes up for a huge dps loss, especially for a buff-dependant rotation like weaver. Also other buff uptimes plummet with this build without taking arcane traitline. Will probably also replace elite with an elemental, as they tank and can also heal if needed.

I am basically looking for a certain balance between defense and offense, something I feel I get automatically with the condi mirage's normal function.

Would you also suggest using scepter as normal weapon and switching to sword when I know melee is not a problem? Or perhaps sword as default and scepter/summoned ranged weapon if needed?

• Trailblazer's Gear (Toughness, Condition damage, Vitality, Expertise)
  • Fire/Arcane/Weaver
  • Sword/focus
  • Fire is your favorite attunement
  • Signet in healing slot is your best friendI tested it by myself. Results:
  • You can solo champs and group events.
  • You can easily reach 8-12k burning only by yourself.
  • You will be tanking almost everything, because of your toughness (many bosses and champs hates toughness, so most tanky person usually draw agro).

This is a modified build of Lord Hizen's. I wanted more damage, so I replaced earth with fire.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGkAw2lZwuYTMJmJOKPWvLA-zRhYRBhVF0JXYmRTUGxVEVmIOcREhEOI2M3xD-e

This is what I'm using right now, fire/earth/weaver traitlines, dire/viper/celestial mix. Works like a charm, you've got a sustained 13-14k dps (with self buffs) and very good sustain with 21k hp, huge toughness and defensive focus skills. So far my favorite ele build for openworld, the only major downside is that just like any condi build you need a few sec to ramp up damage and it makes killing single trash mobs take longer than with power build.

@Antycypator.9874 said:

• Fire/Arcane/Weaver
  • Sword/focus
  • You will be tanking almost everything, because of your toughness (many bosses and champs hates toughness, so most tanky person usually draw agro).

This is a modified build of Lord Hizen's. I wanted more damage, so I replaced earth with fire.

Are trailblazer stats enough sustain to, for example, solo champs?It has high mitigation and hp buffer, but no healing power for sustain. I guess weaver has decent access to water fields and blast finishers.In theory you can also do it with viper stats, but you have to know the encounter very well for that. Can't happen every time :)

@Shoridan.2569 said:

• Fire/Arcane/Weaver
  • Sword/focus

Are trailblazer stats enough sustain to, for example, solo champs?It has high mitigation and hp buffer, but no healing power for sustain. I guess weaver has decent access to water fields and blast finishers.In theory you can also do it with viper stats, but you have to know the encounter very well for that. Can't happen every time :)

I am wondering the same thing. Apothecary might provide more sustain but can be one shot.

I've been dorking around Marshals/Crusader mix and Signet of Restoration. My only gripe is that you have to stay super aggressive to keep the healing going, which turns into an issue when you're running sword and the fight is AOE heavy. Damage output is nasty if you can keep the attunement rotation speed up, but the ramp up time is noticeable on tankier enemies.

@Shoridan.2569 said:

• Fire/Arcane/Weaver
  • Sword/focus

That's why Signet of Regeneration is needed, because it heals for every attack, and if you have viper eq with no additional vitality and no toughness, this heal is too weak for long fights. This build has 4 pieces of equipment with healing power (weapons and 2 trinkets), so passive heal from signet is 252, not 202. The point is: thougness decreases incoming damage, and pasive healing from signet allow you to ignore most of the attacks, because you will fill your health again.It's still difficult to play, but it's easy to survive almost everywhere.