Anet should disable whispers if.

rwolf.9571

You are offline, away, or blocking the person you are whispering.

One thing that bugs me more about this game, other than the poor matchmaking is not able to defend yourself from toxic whispers. I'm all open for conversations while in online mode. But when the game only allows you to be the receiving end of negative feedback, it irks me. As bad as random people following you on you friends list. (Which is on, can be on another level of harassment. Players following you can see you online, and your location even if you blocked the person)

Sure you could go offline as a blanket fix. But what if your chatting with other people? I've actually been harassed 8 hours after I've done a pvp session.Block and move on? That only works on individual levels.

I don't know if there is any real down side limiting whispering to only online players. What is the point of a person whispering you if you can't talk to them back anyway.Frankly people who whisper while offline/blocking you is a cowards way out of dishing out toxic behavior without repercussions/flak/feedback.

If my memory is right you can simply disable whispers like you can disable guild chat, general, regional... etc. Sure you won't be able to see the whispers of "non toxic" people, but if you're offline anyway this shouldn't bother you.

The tools exist, they just wait for players to use them. Configuring your chat panel always lead to a huge amount of peace, that's one of the first thing I do when I create a character in any game so that I don't have to suffer gold sellers/merchant spams/toxics arguments/guilds spam... etc.

@"Roamer.3259" said:Welcome to online pvp, happens everywhere sadly, people get salty and whisper/pm you and then hide offline or block you so you can't reply at all.

Just block them so they can't whisper you again, don't let them get you down, just laugh at them and move on :)

Send them salt in a Mail... It sends or you get a message saying they blocked you.

If they blocked you, join party with them (change character first). They can read party chat ;)

haNsANf.gif

beat them at their own BS...Some days, this is the most competitive PvP scene this game can get.

Anet should implement a system which allows a person to reply within a range of 1 min after he has been blocked. In that way if A whispers then block B, B could still reply. If A wants to reply, he would have to unblock B, B would have another 1 min to reply if A blocked B again. I Don t know if it s clear.What do you guys think?

@rwolf.9571 said:blocking the person you are whispering.

This,

@BadMed.3846 said:All we need is a friend only whisper setting.

This,

@Kamskill.9457 said:Chat restrict those who block within the 3 minutes after the first whisper.

And this. alternatively, disable blocking for 5 minutes after you send someone a whisper.

Sure its a minor annoyance, but it is not so minor that it has no effect. Otherwise people wouldn't do it.

If someone targets you in the game for any reason other than they need your help to rally or they are coming to rally you, block them.

If someone says "(whatever prof you are playing)...x y z" and it's not nice, block them.

If someone starts the whine and dying, block them.

If you say hello to a specific person and they don't reply, assume they blocked you, block them.

If they say the word carry, block them.

If the complain about the comp, block them.

If the say "going far" and die, block them.

If they are wielding Eternity, block them.

If there name is surrounded by xx (name) xx or any other border like that, block them.

If they have blue, pink, purple, or green hair and they are not charr or sylvari, block them.

If they are playing renegade, block them.

If they tell a joke and it isn't funny, block them.

If they talk politics, type in your fav, then block them.

If they say, gg 1 min into the game, block them.

If they are on your team, block them.

If it's your friend trying to get some, don't block them.

We ask for small changes quality of life fixes and they don’t happen, this might be asking to restructure their message system when a block or a mailing a packet of salt will suffice.

Appearing offline stops initial whispers if you don’t want it, meaning they have to make a big display in /map or /say or spend type typing mail.

Sure going offline doesn’t help while in guild or whispering, but again this is why you can just block.

@"MyPuppy.8970" said:Responding is wasted Time. Why bother? Why care? Why give them a iota of attention ? Unless they're really constructive, in which case they wouldn't block your possibility to answer.

I've had some constructive whispers, "but sorry, I can't whisper back you either offline or blocked me for some reason..." can't even give them a thumbs up for having a supportive whisper.

@Daishi.6027 said:We ask for small changes quality of life fixes and they don’t happen, this might be asking to restructure their message system when a block or a mailing a packet of salt will suffice.

Appearing offline stops initial whispers if you don’t want it, meaning they have to make a big display in /map or /say or spend type typing mail.

Sure going offline doesn’t help while in guild or whispering, but again this is why you can just block.

Sucks that we hafta jump through hoops to block toxic players, when natively you want to be open to the community. If I was offline all the time, I wouldn't be able to help people asking me about my build or pvp tips.