Searching a legal overlay for faster stability- boon detection

Benzaldehyd.3419

Any such overlay, by it's nature, would unfortunately be against the TOS.

But I highly recommend you make a [suggestion] thread about it in the "Profession" sub-forum, as that's what the devs use to adress gameplay concerns and the more posts that expresses the need for this, the better. Because I fully agree it's time they added within the core game better visuals for certain boons.

I fully agree with rng saying to post that to get it some attention. Even as a simple quality of life making it easier to see isn’t a bad suggestion.

However, I have to say: citation needed for how this would be against the ToS.

A-net’s stance has always been about macros and 1 input = 1 action, (Unless an instrument) and anti botting. By this logic anyone who uses an overlay to see their mouse cursor easier is going against the ToS.

This in no way offers any advantage over the regulars who notice the icon instinctively or are aware of the skills that trigger stability.

I don't think it's an advantage to have certain boons more visible at all. It should be player vs player, and not player vs UI. I usually set my UI scale to large or largest so I can see the boon icons clearer.

Also think of PvP as a spectator sport, most people are will just see a huge line of icons and have no idea what's going on.

@shippage.1983 said:I don't think it's an advantage to have certain boons more visible at all. It should be player vs player, and not player vs UI. I usually set my UI scale to large or largest so I can see the boon icons clearer.

Also think of PvP as a spectator sport, most people are will just see a huge line of icons and have no idea what's going on.

It's an advantage because reading UI is an important skill.

@everyman.4375 said:

@shippage.1983 said:I don't think it's an advantage to have certain boons more visible at all. It should be player vs player, and not player vs UI. I usually set my UI scale to large or largest so I can see the boon icons clearer.

It's an advantage because reading UI is an important skill.

To a certain extend, I agree. But if you're more focused on the UI rather then gameplay, then I think it's an issue of the UI not being clear enough. I'm not saying the UI is impossible to read in its current state, but there is definitely room for improvement.