" Top players " were nobodies when the game had population

Skyronight.6370

@DoritoGod.5817 said:

@DoritoGod.5817 said:team usa is as good (and technically better) than Abjured ever was

How are they better they only won against them once when both chaithe and magic toker were playing huge meme builds and still only won when chaithe got knocked off hammer? Pretty much every member of a abjured was way more successful then team USA and still are considered so in addition to holding a bunch of world titles. Team USA isn’t even close at all.. also it’s fair to point out original team USA was way worse then abjured they even lost to AL lol. Not even close

Lmao I was literally in that game and neither team was "USA" then

Gratz but now you don’t have fan boy proof that your better- ?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:A lot of the top players have been playing since the game came out. A lot of them were playing competitively in tournaments/rated highly on the leaderboards.

The only top player that is relatively new is Helio. Most of the others I can remember from core GW2. A lot of people's teammates quit also. So you'll see players like Eurantien or Zeromis still around but Supcutie (who was more well known) no longer plays.

Anyways, your post is full of bias. Regardless of whether or not you place quotes around "top players," you fail to acknowledge that players can be good even if they didn't play competitively back in the day. Also, I know plenty of lower tier players that also duo que and enjoy it. In fact, I'd be hard-pressed to find people in-game that actually dislike the notion of playing with friends in an MMO.

Man this post sure is full of bias the fact remains that top players, while they may have played in core even the ones you mentioned were still complete randoms. I think it’s ironic that these new players are so toxic(calling everyone randoms and stuff) that no one even wants to play with them. Fing biased and ironic if you ask me.

I'm not saying
all
of the top players were competitive back in the day but there are a good amount of them that
were
still recognized as skilled PvPers.

Also, Eurantien, Zeromis, and Supcutie were all very well-known even back in core GW2. They all played in Pro League/World Championships so the fact that you're telling me that they "were still complete randoms" means you have literally no idea what you're talking about lol

If you're talking about high-rated streamers trash talking people, it's normal. It happens in nearly every competitive game across the skill brackets. In fact, high-rated streamers are generally justified. The reason they are high-rated is because they know how to play the game better than the majority of other people. Thus, when they point out specific randoms (which is not inherently toxic, it's no different than referring to them as PUGs), they usually have good reasons to do so. Now, this is different than players in gold or below who have a weaker understanding of the game/mechanics. In other words, when a gold player starts to complain about another person, it's usually just because they're salty and want to blame someone else instead of focusing on their own gameplay.

I do know what I’m talking about players like zeromis at release time were not big, except in lol. As I remember he was only big after he learned how to play from an old player named lixion. And dude I’ve seen how toxic these guys are to everyone and no there is no reason to be toxic to some one just becuz they have weaker mechanics. I don’t understand why u would defend ppl like that, it just makes your post seem more troll...

What is actually your point? That people who weren't automatically good became good after years of playing, and that somehow means they shouldn't talk shit? What? People of all levels and all ranks talk shit. Some silvers talk shit, some plats talk shit, it is what it is. You just made 15 posts to cope with the fact that you were bm'd by some dude. Literally who cares.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@"Dantheman.3589" said:If any “top player” recently tells me I’m bad I just sit back and relax knowing I’m good. For example how naru was considered a terrible thief while at release I was considered one of the only thief’s in wvws. Just cuz your top in the bottom 1% of a dying game doesn’t mean you will ever be good

That might have been for your server...

My server had Bandito (the fireworks thief), kit kit kit kat that was known to play DD and 1v9 AND WIN then rez our pathetic group, then there was Mango (Second Child) who was the IOJ weaponless thief that could 1v2.

I got videos and could claim that I was the original roaming Ranger with my trusty sword/axe and brown bear winning 1v3 or what ever.
  • Sparkles and Rainbows.

Okay let's be clear here. Fighting outnumbered barely has anything to do with your own skill and 90% to do with opponent skill. Farming a bunch of newbs is very easy. But a 1v2 against people of your own skill level is impossible to win.

People dying 4v1, 3v1 and so forth just have no clue what they are doing.

@bigo.9037 said:

@"Dantheman.3589" said:If any “top player” recently tells me I’m bad I just sit back and relax knowing I’m good. For example how naru was considered a terrible thief while at release I was considered one of the only thief’s in wvws. Just cuz your top in the bottom 1% of a dying game doesn’t mean you will ever be good

My server had Bandito (the fireworks thief), kit kit kit kat that was known to play DD and 1v9 AND WIN then rez our pathetic group, then there was Mango (Second Child) who was the IOJ weaponless thief that could 1v2.

I got videos and could claim that I was the original roaming Ranger with my trusty sword/axe and brown bear winning 1v3 or what ever.
  • Sparkles and Rainbows.

Okay let's be clear here. Fighting outnumbered barely has anything to do with your own skill and 90% to do with opponent skill. Farming a bunch of newbs is very easy. But a 1v2 against people of your own skill level is impossible to win.

Apparently you missed the point and some key words in my post.

• Sparkles and Rainbows.

@Elrond.9486 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:A lot of the top players have been playing since the game came out. A lot of them were playing competitively in tournaments/rated highly on the leaderboards.

The only top player that is relatively new is Helio. Most of the others I can remember from core GW2. A lot of people's teammates quit also. So you'll see players like Eurantien or Zeromis still around but Supcutie (who was more well known) no longer plays.

Anyways, your post is full of bias. Regardless of whether or not you place quotes around "top players," you fail to acknowledge that players can be good even if they didn't play competitively back in the day. Also, I know plenty of lower tier players that also duo que and enjoy it. In fact, I'd be hard-pressed to find people in-game that actually dislike the notion of playing with friends in an MMO.

Man this post sure is full of bias the fact remains that top players, while they may have played in core even the ones you mentioned were still complete randoms. I think it’s ironic that these new players are so toxic(calling everyone randoms and stuff) that no one even wants to play with them. Fing biased and ironic if you ask me.

I'm not saying
all
of the top players were competitive back in the day but there are a good amount of them that
were

Also, Eurantien, Zeromis, and Supcutie were all very well-known even back in core GW2. They all played in Pro League/World Championships so the fact that you're telling me that they "were still complete randoms" means you have literally no idea what you're talking about lol

If you're talking about high-rated streamers trash talking people, it's normal. It happens in nearly every competitive game across the skill brackets. In fact, high-rated streamers are generally justified. The reason they are high-rated is because they know how to play the game better than the majority of other people. Thus, when they point out specific randoms (which is not inherently toxic, it's no different than referring to them as PUGs), they usually have good reasons to do so. Now, this is different than players in gold or below who have a weaker understanding of the game/mechanics. In other words, when a gold player starts to complain about another person, it's usually just because they're salty and want to blame someone else instead of focusing on their own gameplay.

I do know what I’m talking about players like zeromis at release time were not big, except in lol. As I remember he was only big after he learned how to play from an old player named lixion. And dude I’ve seen how toxic these guys are to everyone and no there is no reason to be toxic to some one just becuz they have weaker mechanics. I don’t understand why u would defend ppl like that, it just makes your post seem more troll...

What is actually your point? That people who weren't automatically good became good after years of playing, and that somehow means they shouldn't talk kitten? What? People of all levels and all ranks talk kitten. Some silvers talk kitten, some plats talk kitten, it is what it is. You just made 15 posts to cope with the fact that you were bm'd by some dude. Literally who cares.

Lol nah dude I’ll make fun of team USA all I want but I actually like some of them like zeromis

I am still trying to remember the time when this game had a decent amountt of competitive players but no matter how hard I try, the only things that I can remember are:1) complete fail of pvp at launch, with the majority of the die-hard gw1 pvp players, who moved to gw2, quitting after a few months. Some went back to gw1, others went to successful esport titles like cs, LoL, dota22) paid tournaments with several hours of queue time because people weren’t interested3) ToL with the 2-4 existing teams farming pve players who just signed up because you got free loot with a bit of luck4) ESL weekly tournaments with so little interest that casters advertised that you should sign up as you would immediately advance to semifinals, thus get gems.5) even when anet handed out cash prices, nobody actually put enough energy into practicing (which just further confirms that there was very little competitive drive among the gw2 community)For most of it’s existence, gw2 had less competitive teams (teams that they were actually trying and practicecing) than it’s 7-years-older predecessor, which also had larger teams (team size: 8).The most competitive thing gw2 pvp has probably ever seen is people trying to outsmart each other about how to abuse the system to obtain and at the same time render a variety of different titles meaningless.

Edit: forgot 6) the team team queue, where you the same 1-3 teams would face each other until they quit, with the occasional random combination of Solo players who selected the wrong rank option mixed in.

@Elrond.9486 said:

I'm not saying
all
were

What is actually your point? That people who weren't automatically good became good after years of playing, and that somehow means they shouldn't talk kitten? What? People of all levels and all ranks talk kitten. Some silvers talk kitten, some plats talk kitten, it is what it is. You just made 15 posts to cope with the fact that you were bm'd by some dude. Literally who cares.

@Dantheman.3589 said:If any “top player” recently tells me I’m bad I just sit back and relax knowing I’m good. For example how naru was considered a terrible thief while at release I was considered one of the only thief’s in wvws. Just cuz your top in the bottom 1% of a dying game doesn’t mean you will ever be good

• Sparkles and Rainbows.

• Sparkles and Rainbows.

Some ppl find it to be their duty to point out everyone is worse then them in this dying game and yet still ignore overall facts like when they are plain outgunned. I see all the time where players in say team USA win an at against pug groups and start the kittening, even if 1 player in that pug group won a 1v3 against them. What really matters is each person and if someone can play meme to 100% or has been considered relevant longer than say team USA. Then they have all the right things to be considered a skillful player even when beat by “randoms” that got good 5 years after the game became pve and casual focused

@sephiroth.4217 said:

• Sparkles and Rainbows.

• Sparkles and Rainbows.

Maybe, I just wanted to point that out though :)

@bigo.9037 said:

• Sparkles and Rainbows.

• Sparkles and Rainbows.

Maybe, I just wanted to point that out though :)

Sounds fun, jumping in a swimming pool with clothes on will make your clothes wet.

• Sparkles and Rainbows.

@"Skyronight.6370" said:Anyone else can see the irony when these " top players" talk like they are so good and that duo Q system is balanced but when this game had an actual healthy population they were nobodies? They somehow only managed to become top players when 99% of the good players quit the game . Now they are abusing the duo Q system and farming silvers at 4 am and claiming that duo Qing is totally fine and healthy for the game. Find me one player in 2019 that was relevant back in 2014-16 when the game had decent amount of competitive players? yeah right not a single person was found that day, being a top player nowadays means nothing because everyone has quit, this game is just a casual meme at this point, why is the whole solo Q vs duo Qs not fixed yet? 95% of the player base is solo Q only, why would you cater to the 5% claiming to be top players and abusing the system?

You're not wrong, but you're trying to spin the whole arguement to serve your anti-duoQ agenda. It's true that most current top players were nobodies and their egos skyrocketed after everyone quit. But they are still above average players and they'd be at the top even if duoQ was banned.

If you get rid of duo, you kill the game. Duo is nothing but a scapegoat bad players compain about.

You want the harsh truth? There are no top players in the game period if we are being completely honest.

In order for top players to exist, there needs to be a Esports scene that is actually supported by the devs and actively advertised by the marketing team. Look at WoW - from a gameplay perspective, WoW is inferior to GW2. And yet, it has a competitive scene to it which gets hundreds of thousands of viewers. It's not just because WoW has a higher population, it's because Blizzard devotes time and effort to supporting the community:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/esports/arena

I should also stress that this page is available from the front page of Blizzards main webpage. That may seem like a minor detail at first, but in fact it is huge. It shows that Blizzard understands that the PvP competitive scene must be advertised as a serious thing and retain viewership by giving it regular publicity. Anet on the other hand, treats their PvP scene like the tumor it neglected and just happens to still be there. So they occasionally treat it just enough to prevent it from truly dying but never enough to fix core issues. It thus becomes a self fulfilling prophecy of cyclical neglect. PvP community shrinks because of Anet neglect, Anet neglects the PvP scene because the community is too small, and thus PvP community shrinks because of Anet neglect, ad infinitum. The only people who can break this cycle are the ones in charge of making actual decisions that effect how the game is marketed.

Idk some of the top players on NA are on another level to the top players from yesterday. I really think people should watch their streams more. Firstly it teaches u allot about pvp and 2nd u will see some amazing game play. Population is low and I agree it is hard for tomorrow’s top players to get better cus match maker is soo bad u get farmed if u ain’t on that level yet.