Is there any method to acquire small amounts of gems?

Edit: I found it. For any other new players, make sure to pay attention in the Currency Exchange tab for Custom Currency Exchange..

Even when I found that, it took me a while to realize I could also buy custom amounts of gems. At first I thought it was only custom amounts of gold, and didn't click on the 400...

Wish you could delete topics.. Sorry for my absent-mindedness.

@"Dice Hazard.1458" said:Wish you could delete topics.. Sorry for my absent-mindedness.

It's worth having it here in case anyone else has the same problem and searches the forum for a solution.

Especially since you actually wrote out how to do it. Tech forums are terrible for that - I search for a problem my PC is having, find someone describing exactly what I'm seeing but the only replies are the original poster saying "Nevermind, fixed it myself" and then a moderator locking the topic because it's solved.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@"Dice Hazard.1458" said:Wish you could delete topics.. Sorry for my absent-mindedness.

It's worth having it here in case anyone else has the same problem and searches the forum for a solution.

Especially since you actually wrote out how to do it. Tech forums are terrible for that - I search for a problem my PC is having, find someone describing
exactly
what I'm seeing but the only replies are the original poster saying "Nevermind, fixed it myself" and then a moderator locking the topic because it's solved.

If I catch those before they're locked, I have a bad habit of posting a bit of gentle snark, something like, "Or you could have posted the answer here to help the next person."

It's worse on the SWTOR forums, because the most common thing is that people edit the original post to just say, "Never mind, solved it myself, delete pleaz," leaving not even a clue about the question.