Garden Plot Deed | Daily replanting required, Design or a Bug?

So first thanks for the Chef 500! <3 AND the Portable Composter <3

So after reaching Chef 500 and planting some ascended seeds, turns out they require replanting each day. Is this as designed or a bug? It seems to me that while it is a possible method of gating the plot for ascended crafting gate it would be easier to put a timer on the crafting of the seeds in uniform to other crafting gates. Just be sure to allow for the max open soil limit as some might choose to plant multiple ascended seeds.

If this is the design is it possible to change it so it is more in line with current crafting gates and plot deeds? Gate the crafting of the seeds to plot maximums so if they want all clovers they can. Keep the daily reset on the plot but that IF it was not replanted it becomes a "Growing Crops" harvest-able the next day. Either way it's gated one harvest per day but with out the added of having to craft AND plant seeds every day. Have seed pouches as a cooking ingredients item and have the plot pull from bank after reset on entering the instance? IDK, but it's not as fun as the actual unlocking of the ability to craft ascended foods.

Anyway, wondering if this was a bug or .....?Thanks

@"Seth Moonshadow.2710" said:So first thanks for the Chef 500! <3 AND the Portable Composter <3

So after reaching Chef 500 and planting some ascended seeds, turns out they require replanting each day. Is this as designed or a bug? It seems to me that while it is a possible method of gating the plot for ascended crafting gate it would be easier to put a timer on the crafting of the seeds in uniform to other crafting gates. Just be sure to allow for the max open soil limit as some might choose to plant multiple ascended seeds.

If this is the design is it possible to change it so it is more in line with current crafting gates and plot deeds? Gate the crafting of the seeds to plot maximums so if they want all clovers they can. Keep the daily reset on the plot but that IF it was not replanted it becomes a "Growing Crops" harvest-able the next day. Either way it's gated one harvest per day but with out the added of having to craft AND plant seeds every day. Have seed pouches as a cooking ingredients item and have the plot pull from bank after reset on entering the instance? IDK, but it's not as fun as the actual unlocking of the ability to craft ascended foods.

It dont seem to be if you search around for all the other topics about it, if you want to not replant get a friend and harvest their plots then said friend harvest yours no need to replant either.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Seth Moonshadow.2710" said:So first thanks for the Chef 500! <3 AND the Portable Composter <3

It dont seem to be if you search around for all the other topics about it, if you want to not replant get a friend and harvest their plots then said friend harvest yours no need to replant either.

So the garden plots are per plant or not?Meaning If I plant normal seeds in my garden and I harvest thoseand my guild mate lets me in his garden where he planted ascended seeds/plantsWould I still be able to gather those?

@Linken.6345 said:It dont seem to be if you search around for all the other topics about it, if you want to not replant get a friend and harvest their plots then said friend harvest yours no need to replant either.

I have read that it is working like that for some, but if I harvest from a friend's home instance without touching my HI at all, the nodes in mine turn to open soil :(

@Rico.6873 said:

So the garden plots are per plant or not?Meaning If I plant normal seeds in my garden and I harvest thoseand my guild mate lets me in his garden where he planted ascended seeds/plantsWould I still be able to gather those?

No since you already harvested the same nodes in your instance before, its not whats planted its the node that count.

@mari.6394 said:

@Linken.6345 said:It dont seem to be if you search around for all the other topics about it, if you want to not replant get a friend and harvest their plots then said friend harvest yours no need to replant either.

I have read that it is working like that for some, but if I harvest from a friend's home instance without touching my HI at all, the nodes in mine turn to open soil :(

I seen people say this aswell.Maybe anet changed it havent bothered with the ascended seeds after the first harvest went back to onion, garlic and clovers.

@"Linken.6345" said:

if you want to not replant get a friend and harvest their plots then said friend harvest yours no need to replant either.

I was going to say earlier that that seemed a little "exploity" but held my tongue, and now we know ;)"Fixed an issue that allowed ascended herb nodes to be gathered by players who were not instance owners." ~Notes

So a couple other things I've noticed (here is were everyone tells me to keep my mouth shut! :s ). Sous-Chef Seimur Oxbone only shows up for a chef that is level 425. He does NOT show up for any chef or non chef on your account, neither does the chef station.

Really I'm no trying to be a pain!

@Seth Moonshadow.2710 said:

@"Linken.6345" said:

if you want to not replant get a friend and harvest their plots then said friend harvest yours no need to replant either.

I was going to say earlier that that seemed a little "exploity" but held my tongue, and now we know ;)"Fixed an issue that allowed ascended herb nodes to be gathered by players who were not instance owners." ~

So a couple other things I've noticed (here is were everyone tells me to keep my mouth shut! :s ). Sous-Chef Seimur Oxbone only shows up for a chef that is level 425. He does NOT show up for any chef or non chef on your account, neither does the chef station.
Really I'm no trying to be a pain!

Yea he is only there if your 425+ and I agree that the chef station should be visible for whole account after you unlocked it.

Bumping thread because it would be nice to have some clarity on this. It feels very tedious to have to farm for rare herb drops which have a high chance of never yielding anything / the herb you want (cough mint cough), salvage a bunch of random food, and replant every day. If it's not a bug, then it would at least be nice to see changes made to help reduce this friction.