Revenant gets new Weapon in LW5, what weapon would you want and what kind of skills you want on it?

Knighthonor.4061

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:Whats the point of scepter when you do not have offhand weapon to pair it with?Revenant used to be warrior so i think rifle would be perfect fit for core ranged condi weapon. It would also be unique compared to other rifles which are power based

That’s what I have been saying, core rev is lacking a offhand that isn’t an elite spec.

Next weapons should be core...

• 2 weeks later...

@Knighthonor.4061 said:

@Terra.9506 said:Great Sword but range attack. :p

Ban this Troll!! /s

But I'm serious... I away wish my reverent have rapid fire range weapon consider both Hammer and short bow so slow and annoy to use. Other than that great sword alway look great on everyone back than rifle. It didn't need large range like Hammer or Short Bow but make it shoot energy blade attack multiple enemy in limit range would satisfy me enough.

other option would be Spear for land weapon.

Sorry for double post, but I thought about this some more.

Great sword should be a ranged option, tied to the invocation trait line. (in the way that each other weapon is tied to a line.) it should operate to 900/melee range. As its tied to invocation, it should function much like the trident does underwater.

I would suggest the following.

1. Rend the mists- The revenant slashes through the air, cutting deep into the mists. Deal damage, and an additional effect based on your current ledgend. Range 900. Fast channel, like mesmer GS1, looks like hundred blades, with mist energy slashes appearing on the target. No projectiles.

Jallis- retaliation AoE @ target on last tick, -10% incoming damage while channeling.Mallyx- apply torment per tickShiro- gain 10% increased critical chanceVentari- energy slashes heal allies and AoE regeneration @ target on last tick.Glint- might to allies per tick, Burn AoE @ target on last tickKala- Apply kala's fervor and bleed per tick

1. Ledgend rush- plunge your great sword into the ground, opening a portal to the mists, allowing your channeled ledgend to attack. Ledgend shadow explosion is a blast finisher. A mesmer-like "clone" of the ledgend your using rushes forward with an appropriate leap animation and explodes into mist energy dealing an effect based on ledgend. Counts as a projectile.

Jallis- CrippleMallyx- PoisonShiro- VulnerabilityVentari- AoE splash heal @ targetGlint- BurnKala- Bleed

1. Mist whirl- the revenant spins thier greatsword around in a spiral dealing low damage, and knock back. And deals an effect based on ledgend. Ticks three times getting larger each time. First tick applies the strongest knockback, subsequent hits are weaker. (enough that if you don't move at all, the second hit won't hit you)

Jallis- dazeMallyx- chillShiro- weaknessVentari- spawn a healing orb per enemy hit.Glint- recharge consume skills by 1 sec on last tickKala- cripple

1. Mist Fjord - The revenant leaps up, bringing thier greatsword up over thier head for a huge downward smash, dealing a large damage in melee range and splitting the ground between you and your target. gains an effect based on ledgend. This creates thin zigzagged beams, whose lighting shape is random, but leaves thin combo fields, that tick for multiple small amounts of damage. Leaves more zigzags the higher your energy when cast.

Jallis- lightning field pulsing retaliationMallyx- dark field pulsing tormentShiro- no combo field, much higher damage ticks.Ventari- light field, pulsing healing.Glint- fire field pulsing burningKala- no combo field, 2 stacks bleed per pulse.

1. Fading Mists- Slash a ragged tear in the mists, then leap backwards through it. Causes an effect to anyone moving through the tear based on ledgend. This is a very short range backwards leap, into a portal, which exits, a very short range directly behind. Up to 2 targets friendly or enemy may traverse the portal. The net effect would be something like deadeye's rifle 4... That leaves two mist portals. Theses activate instantly for enemy players, and must be 'used' by friendly players. The portals will last for 1.5 sec.

Jallis- Immobalize the enemy, cure movement impairing Conditions on friendly.Mallyx- Convert enemy boons into Confusion, Resistance to friendly.Shiro- enemy is turned to Jade for 1/2sec, gain might on friendly.Ventari- enemy is dazed, cure conditions on friendlyGlint- enemy is chilled and burned, swiftness and fury on friendly.Kala- bleed the enemy, apply cripple. Next few attacks steal life on friendly.

I've always thought it would be cool if every core class had 1 weapon and 4 skills that could only be used by their core spec that are lost when choosing an elite. Would go a long way to bring core specs in balance with elite and curb the occasional "Pay2win" accusations the game gets. There are currently way too many elite specs that are just direct upgrades over the core.

@"Master Ketsu.4569" said:I've always thought it would be cool if every core class had 1 weapon and 4 skills that could only be used by their core spec that are lost when choosing an elite. Would go a long way to bring core specs in balance with elite and curb the occasional "Pay2win" accusations the game gets. There are currently way too many elite specs that are just direct upgrades over the core.

Seconded. Motion to pass on to a vote?

@"BrokenGlass.9356" said:Great sword. As a ranged weapon. That operates like the trident does underwater. Doing effects on each ledgend for each attack.

Fill the gap with a kitten weld.

Actually, I'm really liking the idea of this applied to an offhand focus instead.

The idea of focus being a weapon that lets you bond more powerfully with your legend of choice, with say 1 relatively static skill and 1 that varies based on current legend. This way an extra core weapon can still fit into their current "each legend has an associated weapon set" thing, plus provide an offhand that can work with multiple set ups.