What to cook to reach level 500?

Aaralyna.3104

I need some advice from the cooks among us. I have my cook at lvl 493 and did the gourmet training collection. So I need 7 levels to have my cook maxed at lvl 500.

What should I cook to get max level the cheapest way? (I never use food myself so). I do apply the guild crafting bonus to speed things up.

I am not sure on the numbers of levels you can gain as I reached 500 rather readily , but you can gain levels in cooking doing things other then cooking (such as making special back packs or refining dragonite ore and the like)

It also helps to take the food prior that boosts chances to get an exp boost via crafting.

Tbh, i don't know the prices atm and whether or not its working as intended, but i literally crafted only backpieces from 400-500 and it was super fast and cheap. I really just popped guild crafting boost and the booster one and that was pretty much it, ez 500. You guys can probably get quite a bit of xp doing that as well if it still works. I also have reasons to believe that you still gain xp even if you unlock lvl 400 food being almost 500, tho im not sure on that one and the amount.

@babazhook.6805 said:...you can gain levels in cooking doing things other then cooking (such as making special back packs or refining dragonite ore and the like)

It also helps to take the food prior that boosts chances to get an exp boost via crafting.This. Not in cooking but in a couple of other crafts I got through the last 10-15 levels by making backpacks. And definitely use boosters. When starting a new key farmer I usually level them first through crafting their own gear. Using both the guild crafting boost and a heroic or item booster speeds the process up a lot.

Something worth noting is that Collection related recipes don't seem to scale down exp as you level up. This might be an oversight, because aren't part of the main discovery list, and collections/non-meta items are often missed by Devs during these kind of projects.

If you unlock the minstrel and moot collections, they have food crafting in their 1st and 3rd tier crafting respectively. If you have them unlocked already, the connected recipes should all give exp you can to finish maxing it out. You don't even need to craft the complete item (since half the time you can't get repeats of key ingredients). I managed to level to 465 on Dark stirfry mix before realizing I only needed to hit 440, because the collection and tasting tray steps gives you 60 levels in total.

@starlinvf.1358 said:Something worth noting is that Collection related recipes don't seem to scale down exp as you level up. This might be an oversight, because aren't part of the main discovery list, and collections/non-meta items are often missed by Devs during these kind of projects.

If you unlock the minstrel and moot collections, they have food crafting in their 1st and 3rd tier crafting respectively. If you have them unlocked already, the connected recipes should all give exp you can to finish maxing it out. You don't even need to craft the complete item (since half the time you can't get repeats of key ingredients). I managed to level to 465 on Dark stirfry mix before realizing I only needed to hit 440, because the collection and tasting tray steps gives you 60 levels in total.

That is probably just because they are exotics which has a span of 250 for crafting exp gain.

An exotic lv400 recipe could get you to 650 if

Those didn't work for me. Only the ones that stayed orange in the list (aka the backitems and 2 recipes (a feast and a meal) which were chef 475 rating and the seed pouches. Anything else gave zero experience. Maybe its different if you didn't complete the cooking achievement collection but after completing this achievement I had barely any things to choose from. But got cooking to 500 now with crafting the 2 backitems and 6 meals or so.

@Aaralyna.3104 said:

@Linken.6345 said:They give exp 1 time when you identify them to get them into your crafting list not anymore after that.

Hmm okay, didn't think they would seperate that from crafting itself so I obviously didn't try more discoveries. Good to know tho.

discovering new things have always been the best source of crafting exp so you have really been missing out mate.