Heal build?

zengara.8301

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of those trait choices are a bit strange. For a healing/cleanse build, why would you give up on Unstable Conduit for Gale Song? More auras = more heals = more cleanses.

I would choose Pyromancer's Puissance instead of Blinding Ashes for more might, which can be stacked to 25 and shared with allies during a fight using Fire #4.

In my opinion, Stop, Drop, and Roll is better than Soothing Ice, because you can cleanse burns and chills in a shorter amount of time, and with Antitoxin runes, you can cleanse one more condition with it.

Everything else is cool. That's all I wanted to say.

Some of those trait choices are a bit strange. For a healing/cleanse build, why would you give up on Unstable Conduit for Gale Song? More auras = more heals = more cleanses.

I would choose Pyromancer's Puissance instead of Blinding Ashes for more might, which can be stacked to 25 and shared with allies during a fight using Fire #4.

In my opinion, Stop, Drop, and Roll is better than Soothing Ice, because you can cleanse burns and chills in a shorter amount of time, and with Antitoxin runes, you can cleanse one more condition with it.

Everything else is cool. That's all I wanted to say.

The only reason for gale song is 10 man effect and the fact that unstable conduit gives you an aura every 10 sec in the best case. All 3 traits have their use tbh so it's more-less the personal choice (although middle one is usually better with regen/vigor on shouts which is not worth in large scale, however, the endurance gain doesnt have an icd). You'll get more cleanses from running conjurer with earth shield instead of 3rd utility if you really wanted to minmax cleanses anyway.

I guess I forgot the fact that BA in fire has cooldown on caster instead of cooldown on target which makes is kinda worthless.

As for soothing ice, I just like it because it gives good uptime on frost aura which adds to the condi spam and reduces incoming damage. SD&R has a big cooldown and not removing those condies instantly gives a chance to scrappers and firebrands to convert them to very strong boons. So half the amount of cleanses (during 20+ sec long fights) for chill on enemy backline and lower damage taken seems rational to me. None of these are game changing so I don't see a reason to always use just one.

Elementalist healers can cleanse conditions pretty well...

But the problem is that it’s also kinda bad. There’s plenty of reasons why but to sum them all up, it’s because elementalist is a much better pure healer than it is a cleanser.

Powerful aura and Tempestious aria DO NOT stack and in fact gimps the entire synergy. Your 10 man shouts only apply to 6 people and it’s just broken...not in a good way.

Going fire for just one trait is also just a huge waste.

I have the pure healing build stored somewhere in my computer and I’ll tell you now that it’s a much much more effective build considering that your Zerg should already have scrappers that can not only cleanse better than you but convert those conditions into boons...

"out cleanse a scrapper" is actually pretty hard, unless it's a power-scrapper. ^^At least in our WvW guild raids the anti-condi specced tempests cleanse a lot less than the scrappers.

However, the reason is actually the scrapper reducing the tempest cleanse.Since they have multiple low-CD cleanse-pulsing fields with a large radius, which can run in parallel and a lot of blasts for light fields, they cleanse a bit quicker, but also more consistently. Also, since healscrapper grant regeneration on every cleanse your "cleansing water" will have a hard time.

When running with 20 people and having 1 scrapper and 1 tempest, the tempest often had around 80% of the scrapper in cleansing (depending on terrain, less when moving a lot). When there was a second scrapper the tempest often would drop to 50% or below of the scrappers.

Also, converting into boons and adding regeneration is in my opinion the superior cleanse, even if tempests would cleanse more.So, as I see it, focusing on heal/aura would be a bigger advantage.

@"Dediggefedde.4961" said:"out cleanse a scrapper" is actually pretty hard, unless it's a power-scrapper. ^^At least in our WvW guild raids the anti-condi specced tempests cleanse a lot less than the scrappers.

However, the reason is actually the scrapper reducing the tempest cleanse.Since they have multiple low-CD cleanse-pulsing fields with a large radius, which can run in parallel and a lot of blasts for light fields, they cleanse a bit quicker, but also more consistently. Also, since healscrapper grant regeneration on every cleanse your "cleansing water" will have a hard time.

When running with 20 people and having 1 scrapper and 1 tempest, the tempest often had around 80% of the scrapper in cleansing (depending on terrain, less when moving a lot). When there was a second scrapper the tempest often would drop to 50% or below of the scrappers.

Also, converting into boons and adding regeneration is in my opinion the superior cleanse, even if tempests would cleanse more.So, as I see it, focusing on heal/aura would be a bigger advantage.

It's all about timing. You need to use Water Overload during hard pushes and anticipate when the group will need the cleanses, instead of randomly using shouts/skills. Keeping this in mind will definitely out-cleanse scrappers, though not all the time.

But if we go Fire trait instead of Earth or Arcane, we will be losing alot of survivability and heals/buffs like regen, protection, stability, diamond skin, etc.Giving up all these just for the cleanse?

As Ele, we are very squishy, we need as much survivability and buffs as possible. A dead Tempest is useless no matter how good and effective you are.

Besides Scrapper can do a much better job on cleasing as we only cleanse condi but Scrapper convert them to boons. This alone we can never be a better cleanser than them.

IMO, we are more effective as pure healers. Leave the cleansing to others.

Thank you everyone Yeah found a pretty impressive build that can, and usually does, out cleanse a scrapper (unless if I mess up badly :b)I also went with earth instead of fire which lets me stand until commander dies under normal circumstances, but I can however try fire out to see if the cleansing is a massive boost.

@Mil.3562 said:But if we go Fire trait instead of Earth or Arcane, we will be losing alot of survivability and heals/buffs like regen, protection, stability, diamond skin, etc.Giving up all these just for the cleanse?

As Ele, we are very squishy, we need as much survivability and buffs as possible. A dead Tempest is useless no matter how good and effective you are.

Besides Scrapper can do a much better job on cleasing as we only cleanse condi but Scrapper convert them to boons. This alone we can never be a better cleanser than them.

You already get all of those from other classes (and diamond skin is worthless when you have so many cleanses anyway), this isnt a solo build, it's a zerg build. I do agree that scrapper is better at cleansing, but it got nerfed several times so with lack of scrappers in the squad, this is very useful build.

@steki.1478 said:

@Mil.3562 said:But if we go Fire trait instead of Earth or Arcane, we will be losing alot of survivability and heals/buffs like regen, protection, stability, diamond skin, etc.Giving up all these just for the cleanse?

You already get all of those from other classes (and diamond skin is worthless when you have so many cleanses anyway), this isnt a solo build, it's a zerg build. I do agree that scrapper is better at cleansing, but it got nerfed several times so with lack of scrappers in the squad, this is very useful build.

I wouldnt say diamond skin is useless in a zerg. You will find that it really helps when you need it.

Not to forget, there are power builds in a zerg too, you will need some personal protection and heals for better survivability. For me, i wouldnt want to 100% depend on my teammates to suvive.

Without the Fire trait you can out cleansed a Scrapper? Show me how. I am not dissing here.

In terms of straight healing, arcane, water and tempest are the traitlines you want to run. Earth is good if you are an eel just getting us to the Zerg scene because it helps keep you alive personally. But at a certain point you should lose the training wheels and go arcane over earth. Reason is because double geyser is so strong that if your Zerg is under big pressure and taking downs, these will almost instantly revive them even while under immense pressure or during an enemy push

The dodges from evasive arcana is also a good 6k AOE heal, along with a few other perks from arcane (reduced cool down on attunements and water overload)

@Mil.3562 said:

I wouldnt say diamond skin is useless in a zerg. You will find that it really helps when you need it.

Not to forget, there are power builds in a zerg too, you will need some personal protection and heals for better survivability. For me, i wouldnt want to 100% depend on my teammates to suvive.

Without the Fire trait you can out cleansed a Scrapper? Show me how. I am not dissing here.

You cant, you need fire spec to outcleanse it. But even then, you wouldnt need diamond skin because CC and revival from arcane is much more useful and condies get cleansed almost instantly by fb/scrapper anyway. Earth is a useless spec.

@steki.1478 said:

@Mil.3562 said:

You cant, you need fire spec to outcleanse it. But even then, you wouldnt need diamond skin because CC and revival from arcane is much more useful and condies get cleansed almost instantly by fb/scrapper anyway. Earth is a useless spec.

Actually that question in my post is directed at OP.And not just diamond skin, you forgot earth gives 4-5 sec of -40% damage protection to you and your allies from auras.

@zengara.8301 said:Thank you everyone Yeah found a pretty impressive build that can, and usually does, out cleanse a scrapper (unless if I mess up badly :b)I also went with earth instead of fire which lets me stand until commander dies under normal circumstances, but I can however try fire out to see if the cleansing is a massive boost.

He said he went into Earth instead of Fire and still usually out cleanse scrapper, I know it's not possible and thought perhaps there is some kind of secret build?

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:The dodges from evasive arcana is also a good 6k AOE heal, along with a few other perks from arcane (reduced cool down on attunements and water overload)

How do you achieve 6k?Assuming 1900hp and 15% from water, I get 3985.Maybe with 2 sigils...

You should have about 80% outgoing healing power...and with squad buffs should be peaking at 100%. So that 3k heal should be healing for 6k.

To get this you need

1) Bountiful Maintence Oil (about 12.5%)2) Delicious Rice Balls (10%)3) Water trait (15%)4) Sigil of Transference (10%)5) Sigil of Benevolence (12.5%)6) monk runes (20%)

This puts you at 80%...then u have other raid buffs which will push you to 100 (like healing Oasis)

Okay so i just went to build editor since i couldn't find the link on my computer.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGRAYlRwcYMsGWJmyXXtaA-zxIYwogvMSKBquA89jEKbg3ifbWA-e

It's very straight forward. But everything has been painstakingly optimized so that you are getting the most heal you possibly can, while also making value of every trait in a zerg setting.

First thing to note, is that your most important skills are overload water, and Wash the pain away. These two are MEGA heals, With Wash the pain away healing for a maximum of 150,000 Health across 10 players. Overload Water is essentially your Regen fuel, and it's what you use to stack regens, along with Flash Freeze during a push. Not only that but it's also is a mega heal that heals for a maximum of120,000 health across 10 players (This includes the regen...rough estimate)

Next thing to note is Soothing mist and Regen. Soothing Mist will tick for 900 health at 80% Outgoing, and around 1k at 100%. Your regen will also tick for about 600 - 900 most of the time. So passively, you can heal upto 25,000 health per secondor more depending on how well you maintain regen and how well your soothing mist is spread across your squad. Typically, you want to be in your own subgroup to take full advantage of Soothing Mists ability to apply to up to more than 5 people (The theoretical maximum is 13 people.) If you are in your own subgroup...play carefully...since you won't have any buffs coming your way to help you survive on a personal level. To be a real healer u gotta make the big sacrifice here and heal your group at the expense of your own survivability. If you aren't confident you can do this, then stick to a subgroup with a firebrand and scrapper inside. 15 man subgroups work very well for you also.

Then you have the Geysers for excellent Resurrection, one from the traitline and one on staff 3. I like to drop these ahead of the group sometimes as we push so that anyone that enters downstate just gets auto rezzed. Also if we are under HEAVY siege fire and we are murderballed, i will use this when players start entering downstate...Sometimes it's good to let someone die just so u could use the rez skill for the healing on other party members.

The shouts...Magnetic Aura is a utility you should use right before pushing or retreating to relieve ranged pirate attack. It also heals for 30k. Flash Freeze is regen fuel that will heal for 30k and apply about 35k in regen. Superspeed is for pushing...really important! And Rebound is something you should use by default while pushing. It's a mega heal that can heal for upto 140k, and serves as a good precaution for players that might enter downstate. It shouldn't be used to prevent a players death however, and should only be used as a precautionary heal, in which you use it during every push...usually a second or two into the fight.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:Very interesting, although your numbers are not easy to read.Saying magnetic aura heals for 30k can lead to misinterpretation. It's 3k 10 targets. I suppose most readers will understand, I took a few minutes to figure out ?

Yep. My line of thinking is that because of how the targeting differs by very wide margins, 5, 10 and 13, and 13+... it’s easier to explain in total amount rather than per target to see how much it actually heal a squad,

so for example, the application of regen can effect 1 person or 20 people...so to say it does a potential total of X healing is the most accurate way to describe its healing output.

Sorry if it seemed confusing.

@Mil.3562 said:

@Mil.3562 said:

Actually that question in my post is directed at OP.And not just diamond skin, you forgot earth gives 4-5 sec of -40% damage protection to you and your allies from auras.

@zengara.8301 said:Thank you everyone Yeah found a pretty
impressive build that can, and usually does, out cleanse a scrapper
(unless if I mess up badly :b)
I also went with earth instead of fire
which lets me stand until commander dies under normal circumstances, but I can however try fire out to see if the cleansing is a massive boost.

He said he went into Earth instead of Fire and still usually out cleanse scrapper, I know it's not possible and thought perhaps there is some kind of secret build?

Protection is usually covered with earth overload, aftershock and arcane traits on top of fb/scrapper so taking a whole spec just for 1 trait that's not even that good is a huge waste. 40% prot only works for tempests (and engies because they have same trait), the effect doesnt get shared.

Diamond skin can be useful in solo scenarios, but even then there's a lot better cleanse options. Specing into self sustain as a support is pretty bad as well.

As for cleansing with earth instead of fire it's simply impossible. You don't even have that many aoe cleanses outside of water+arcane or water+fire spec combos. OP probably made a mistake somewhere or he had a lot of self cleanses instead of group cleanses which means nothing.

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

@"Aigleborgne.2981" said:Very interesting, although your numbers are not easy to read.Saying magnetic aura heals for 30k can lead to misinterpretation. It's 3k 10 targets. I suppose most readers will understand, I took a few minutes to figure out ?

Yep. My line of thinking is that because of how the targeting differs by very wide margins, 5, 10 and 13, and 13+... it’s easier to explain in total amount rather than per target to see how much it actually heal a squad,

so for example, the application of regen can effect 1 person or 20 people...so to say it does a potential total of X healing is the most accurate way to describe its healing output.

Sorry if it seemed confusing.

Sshhh... be careful when you mention big numbers. ANet may just take a quick glance and misunderstand them and say " Oh Yes! ", then happily pulls out the nerf hammer, " Hulk smash!! "