Contesting Capture Points

TheGrimm.5624

@"Chaba.5410" said:A camp can be flipped by small numbers in under 30 seconds before defenders even have a chance to scout and "rapidly respond" (made worse by the power creep in builds). There is your handicap right there.They still have to get there. People are supposed to have eyes and talk in map chat.

I have literally seen borders where the enemy first take their southeast spawn camp, then hills get "mysteriously" contested, then east camp flips, then there are 2-3 dots on the east sentry, then north camp get flipped, then there are dots on the west sentry, then the west camp get flipped and then... "three enemies on north bay!". Yeah no kitten.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Chaba.5410" said:A camp can be flipped by small numbers in under 30 seconds before defenders even have a chance to scout and "rapidly respond" (made worse by the power creep in builds). There is your handicap right there.They still have to get there. People are supposed to have
eyes
and
talk
in map chat.

I have literally seen borders where the enemy first take their southeast spawn camp, then hills get "mysteriously" contested, then east camp flips, then there are 2-3 dots on the east sentry, then north camp get flipped, then there are dots on the west sentry, then the west camp get flipped and then...
"three enemies on north bay!"
. Yeah no kitten.

Well yea "supposed to" being the operative word (also sentries can be avoided), no reason to change how golems work currently.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@"Chaba.5410" said:A camp can be flipped by small numbers in under 30 seconds before defenders even have a chance to scout and "rapidly respond" (made worse by the power creep in builds). There is your handicap right there.

30 seconds? sounds like one is playing a non gimmick build xDIv seen players soloing t3 camp in half time of that, maybe close to 20sec.

Yes, that's my point. The 30 second delay before the white swords appear is an advantage given to attackers and many roamers worth their salt tailor their builds to kill under that time limit. I see nothing wrong with defenders having some advantage if they're able to get there in time.

I admit I am all for more defense options, I also wasn't against being able to contest while mounted. So still not seeing why golems are good but mounts bad. Mounts heal, golems have 10 fold health and if you have multiple golems that increases all the more. The cost adds some value to the side of the golems being ok, but if we are saying range and condi had no issues with dismount and only melee, melee is also going to have the biggest issue with golems so again, why is one bad and the other ok?