Lets hope we get new pets in this saga.

Thornwolf.9721

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@Revolution.5409 said:A beautiful ranged dps pet! That would make me happy. ^^
  1. Hydra
  2. Siege devourer
  3. maybe some wicker looking creature like the bone-skinner in the shiverpeak zones.
  4. Maybe a Wurm? We have yet to have one of those.
  5. Sabertooth tiger
  6. Dire wolf
  7. perhaps a skyscale ;o, we can dream

A harpy with an arch is sufficient: P

@Krispera.5087 said:

FEROCIOUS RANGED PET, WHEN ? A Ferocious Jacaranda !

I don't think of a jacaranda, what we know is that we will go north and explore Far Shiverpeaks and Blood Legion Homelands.According to wiki the lands of the charr, are similar to those of ascalon so we could find: Warg, Harpies, Devourers, Worms and Skales.The norn lands are under the dragon's influence, so I think things could be different and the fantasy doesn't help me about it, maybe drake and griffins :)

Edit: I forgot bats XD

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

@"Revolution.5409" said:
  1. Sabertooth tiger

Now that would be nice.Also to keep it in the ice theme, maybe also some underwater pets too, such as an Orca, and perhaps an albatross for air.I know it sounds a little boring, but I can't see a pterodactilus as alternative.I would love the phoenix to make a comeback, but I guess we'll have to wait to go to cantha for that.

Im to a mind we won't get anything, just more of the same. But Im trying to keep hope that this saga won't just be a year or two of "More maps/junk" new pets, and E-specs would make this transition so much easier. Seeing as I highly doubt we will ever receive another expansion, and with the region of the world we are going too all the types of animals Id like for pets would come from here. (So if they don't come now, they probably never will.)

@"Divine Monk.2401" said:Rat pet makes its triumphant return! But jokes aside at this point i dont expect much, as i am a wait and see kinda guy.

I already imagine the comments here on the forum: "You don't understand the damage from where you arrive, this pet is worse than smokescale and gazelles" "rangers should get pets with a hitbox as big as a house, obvious animations and big red circles" LOL

@"Thornwolf.9721" said:Im to a mind we won't get anything, just more of the same. But Im trying to keep hope that this saga won't just be a year or two of "More maps/junk" new pets, and E-specs would make this transition so much easier. Seeing as I highly doubt we will ever receive another expansion, and with the region of the world we are going too all the types of animals Id like for pets would come from here. (So if they don't come now, they probably never will.)

Why should gw2 not have expansions? Anet knows very well that he has everything to lose without an xpac .. many mmo have got expac this year and other games should come out. If they don't keep pace with others, then they will see their platform empty :)

@Revolution.5409 said:

@"Divine Monk.2401" said:Rat pet makes its triumphant return! But jokes aside at this point i dont expect much, as i am a wait and see kinda guy.

I already imagine the comments here on the forum: "You don't understand the damage from where you arrive, this pet is worse than smokescale and gazelles" "rangers should get pets with a hitbox as big as a house, obvious animations and big red circles" LOL

@"Thornwolf.9721" said:Im to a mind we won't get anything, just more of the same. But Im trying to keep hope that this saga won't just be a year or two of "More maps/junk" new pets, and E-specs would make this transition so much easier. Seeing as I highly doubt we will ever receive another expansion, and with the region of the world we are going too all the types of animals Id like for pets would come from here. (So if they don't come now, they probably never will.)

Why should gw2 not have expansions? Anet knows very well that he has everything to lose without an xpac .. many mmo have got expac this year and other games should come out. If they don't keep pace with others, then they will see their platform empty :)

Im of a mind that they don't really care that much. I mean they gave us the same "Non-answers" they gave long before HoT and they are assuming that Living world can and will deliver and be expansion level content. This means to me at least that they are going back to the idea that living world is the be all and end all, it failed once but they seem dead set on doing it again.

Hopefully we get E-specs and Pets, but I highly doubt we will ever see another expansion from guild wars 2. I am almost certain they will push this saga for two years, then take a hiatus and start another one. Even if there was an expansion somewhere down the line, I Doubt its planned out or even being worked on and it will be a last minute ditch effort to revitalize the game similar to how HoT was. (The content drought prior to HoT and the living world issues pushed a lot of people out.) If there are no E-specs then I can hardly call any of what this is bringing expansion level content at all, so I guess we shall see.

@Fueki.4753 said:How about the fix the existing pet before adding more?Nerf the PoF and HoT ones a bit, then buff the core pets.

@Revolution.5409 said:A beautiful ranged dps pet! That would make me happy. ^^Did you not tame any devourers?

I have all the pets, and I would never choose a devourer as a dps pet, from the long list of ranger core pets the only ones I think useful are: owl, siamoth, bear for utilities and lynx for dps condition (with slb) .. the rest is rubbish.I prefer to add pets that can do damage and hit moving targets, which will allow you to play with different styles .. than to wait for fixes that haven't been around for 7 years.

@Thornwolf.9721 said:

1. Hydra
  2. Siege devourer
  3. maybe some wicker looking creature like the bone-skinner in the shiverpeak zones.
  4. Maybe a Wurm? We have yet to have one of those.
  5. Sabertooth tiger
  6. Dire wolf
  7. perhaps a skyscale ;o, we can dream

I dislikr pet AI in this game. I dont like using pets in fights also due to them being not reliable. But even I got excited about those pets. Especially the hydra!