Where is my dismount button

Raiden The Beast.3016

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:As I said in the post about dismounting people and saving the time and money going into making a dismount skill. Make mounts one hit, so any combat hit from another player dismounts them, remove the knockdown effect from being dismounted, so when the other player is dismounted by combat, they are ready to fight and can defend them selves. I would like to see the dodges removed as well, but keep them if you like or have them linked to your toons dodges. Once this is done, you can even out running speed, as this nerfs roaming and small scale where escaping when trying to ninja something is dead because you can never get away in enemy territory, and it will no longer be needed once any hit dismounts. So the mount can still be used for mobility, those wanting to get back to a zerg can in the same amount of time, they just have to pay a bit more attention and can't run straight through an enemy zerg anymore. And roamers can still get fights and cut off reinforcements to a zerg or structure.

This doesn't require work and time on a new skill that could be going into something else, it doesn't require more art or animations etc etc and should have been able to be released in a week. But instead, here we are with alliances 2.0.

I'm confused about what the mount was supposed to do. Initially I thought it was introduced to make it easier for players who would only play when there was a tag to follow so they could get back to their zerg without interference. I was fine with this bc if there is a way for players to let me know they're not worth fighting that's a plus for me. But now all the nerfs seem to be geared towards eliminating that advantage of the mount. So what is the point then . . ?

The point was blanket protection for people who don't want combat, but to ktrain all day and not have anyone stop them.No, you can't do anything, including ktrain, without getting off your mount. So that was not the point . . .

Are you being pedantic on purpose?

No, I was responding to your post . . .

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@gebrechen.5643 said:

@DemonSeed.3528 said:2 people only read the topic and not what the post was about :x woosh~

Or are just tired of the whining of gankers that they can't have their easymode back

If so it would be still ok, bc mount is for unskilled Players that got eaten by better Players, or Players Who focused zerkplay and got eaten by roamers.... however the mount is just wrong in a pvp mode ...

@Raiden The Beast.3016 said:

@DemonSeed.3528 said:2 people only read the topic and not what the post was about :x woosh~

Or are just tired of the whining of gankers that they can't have their easymode back

If so it would be still ok, bc mount is for unskilled Players that got eaten by better Players, or Players Who focused roaming instead of zerkplay.... however the mount is just wrong in a pvp mode ...

Huh mounts are there for roamers?Ive been seeing IT wrongly all the time

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

If so it would be still ok, bc mount is for unskilled Players that got eaten by better Players, or Players Who focused roaming instead of zerkplay.... however the mount is just wrong in a pvp mode ...

Huh mounts are there for roamers?Ive been seeing IT wrongly all the time

Ty changed it ?

@gebrechen.5643 said:

Except that mount is the easymode and dying in PvP is something that happens in a PvP mode, how isn't the mount the easy mode when it is so overtuned in what it does? Maybe try killing them for once? It has no place in a PvP mode, see Tink's comment below:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:As I said in the post about dismounting people and saving the time and money going into making a dismount skill. Make mounts one hit, so any combat hit from another player dismounts them, remove the knockdown effect from being dismounted, so when the other player is dismounted by combat, they are ready to fight and can defend them selves. I would like to see the dodges removed as well, but keep them if you like or have them linked to your toons dodges. Once this is done, you can even out running speed, as this nerfs roaming and small scale where escaping when trying to ninja something is dead because you can never get away in enemy territory, and it will no longer be needed once any hit dismounts. So the mount can still be used for mobility, those wanting to get back to a zerg can in the same amount of time, they just have to pay a bit more attention and can't run straight through an enemy zerg anymore. And roamers can still get fights and cut off reinforcements to a zerg or structure.

This doesn't require work and time on a new skill that could be going into something else, it doesn't require more art or animations etc etc and should have been able to be released in a week. But instead, here we are with alliances 2.0.

I'm confused about what the mount was supposed to do. Initially I thought it was introduced to make it easier for players who would only play when there was a tag to follow so they could get back to their zerg without interference. I was fine with this bc if there is a way for players to let me know they're not worth fighting that's a plus for me. But now all the nerfs seem to be geared towards eliminating that advantage of the mount. So what is the point then . . ?

The point was blanket protection for people who don't want combat, but to ktrain all day and not have anyone stop them.

All the defenders on the forums however, stated it was a mobility improvement for getting back to tag faster. Even though WvW maps are not very large to start with. It was never meant for WvW and never balanced for it, anyone going into combat on a mount has an instant advantage, it also favors ganking. It also allows people to run around how they want and only taking fights they think they can win or can outnumber someone. It also stopped any advantage mobility specced players had for roaming, as now a zerg spec necro can run you down.

Anet doesn't get these issues and others, because they are all casual PvE players.

Spoken like actual truth.

These poeple don't want actual balance on the mount, they want it to be a tool that is fully in their advantage.

@gebrechen.5643 said:

@"DemonSeed.3528" said:2 people only read the topic and not what the post was about :x woosh~

Except this has been proven wrong over and over and over again, I am surprised anyone even states this anymore. It is often the case that those who also state this, actually tend to be the gankers and just don't realize it.

Mounts allow those who gank an even easier time. As ganking is defined by a greater number of lower skilled players that depend on greater numbers to win. Gankers are the ones you see 10-15 pull off from a zerg mounted up to chase one roamer, as roamers are the ones that are ganked the most as we are almost always alone or out numbered. People who get killed by someone running back to their zerg who get killed are getting killed, not ganked with few exceptions. Just because you are running back to tag doesn't mean anyone you run by has to ignore you. Cutting off reinforcements is a tacit. One that most zerg players don't seem to understand and take the same route over and over again, rather than going around. This is a "cater to me because I am lazy" situation. Those 10+ who pull off a zerg to chase myself and other roamers are gankers, as they depend on numbers to win. It happens every now and again when they chase, I get away long enough some back off, leaving 4 or so after me, I turn on them and kill all 3-4 solo.

Also, when those players are in a group ganking, a mount means NOTHING, as a gank squad will without much issue be able to take down a person on a mount, and often times one will remain mounted in case they are specced for mobility, they will still be able to keep them in combat once dismounted and allow the others to remount and catch back up. This is not the case for roaming however, as it makes getting a fight very hard, if not impossible by someone who knows how to use a mount. It also has the side effect of making players run even more DPS builds that people cry about on here because it's the only way to dismount people.

You mean they want less of a disadvantage?It's the same discussion as in the 20 threads before. You are already at a huge advantage when you are on a roaming class with cookie cutter build. You have more mobility, more burst, better sustain and you can cherrypick your fights.The mount changes one of that advantages. You still can roam, fight, gank or run around the ruins as you did before.Deal with it.

@"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:Gankers are the ones you see 10-15 pull off from a zerg mounted up to chase one roamer, as roamers are the ones that are ganked the most as we are almost always alone or out numbered. People who get killed by someone running back to their zerg who get killed are getting killed, not ganked with few exceptions.

Your definition of ganking differs from the one used in mmorpg for 20 years. It's not about "having greater numbers" only, but being "higher level" which in GW2 is basically you are build for something where you have a great advantage. That's why most people who call themself roamers mostly attack scourges, eles and other people that can't fight back and the majority of people doing this do this more than once.

And no, roaming isn't dead because you don't have a dismount button. It's dead because the power creep and unbalanced roaming builds.

@gebrechen.5643 said:

@"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:Gankers are the ones you see 10-15 pull off from a zerg mounted up to chase one roamer, as roamers are the ones that are ganked the most as we are almost always alone or out numbered. People who get killed by someone running back to their zerg who get killed are getting killed, not ganked with few exceptions.

Your definition of ganking differs from the one used in mmorpg for 20 years. It's not about "having greater numbers" only, but being "higher level" which in GW2 is basically you are build for something where you have a great advantage. That's why most people who call themself roamers mostly attack scourges, eles and other people that can't fight back and the majority of people doing this do this more than once.

And no, roaming isn't dead because you don't have a dismount button. It's dead because the power creep and unbalanced roaming builds.

It's not different from what has been used in mmo's for the last 20 years, the literal Etymology of the word is from "gang" and "kill". Yes, it can mean being much higher level, however that does not apply to GW2 as you are upleveled as soon as you enter WvW, stats are boosted as well to make up for it. Build is not the same as ganking, what are you even talking about? Build is a choice, if you choose not to use a PvP build, that is on you. Roamers don't have the protection of 30+ players and they build accordingly. Scourges and eles are not helpless, so this shows significant ignorance of class ability. People target Scourges first because they can wreck a fight with some of the highest aoe dmg along with great boon corruption/removal. Ele is actually quiet strong in 1vs1 fights with someone who knows how to play one, they are not helpless at all, they however are not that easy of a class to master, so few play them, and those who do tend to not be very good, or run zerk staff.

"It is a word commonly used in online video games, usualy used in an MMORPG. Ganking is the process in which a group of charecters gang up on one or more players that do not have a chance to defend themselves"

"In MMORPG's: To attack a lone member of the enemy team with many people via gang rape"

"To kill much weaker players in an online video game in such a way that they cannot defend themselves. Common methods include attacking in much greater numbers or taking a well-equipped high-level character to assault players in a starting area."

Again, in GW2 it's a numbers game, as it does not have PvP in starting areas, or anywhere outside of WvW and sPvP, and in both either level does not matter, or you are upleveled. By how you are defending this, I am assuming you define ganking as someone killing you, even if it's a 1vs1 on your way back to a zerg.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:It was never meant for WvW and never balanced for it...

And?

I mean if this was an actual RvR game where the classes, mechanics, etc were all designed and balanced around WvW, then sure you'd have a point.

Problem is WvW was a side project tacked on by some devs looking through their rose tinted spectacles at DAoC. The classes, mechanics, etc were designed around sPvP, then nearly entirely balanced around sPvP until HoT, when they also started to design/balance for PvE raids.

WvW meanwhile has been nothing but a distant third in this regard the entire game and basically just gets the odd crumb, which even then is normally only aimed at large scale. Hence in WvW the classes/builds/mechanics have always been an imbalanced farce that were designed and balanced for the needs of other game modes. The notion that imbalance is suddenly an issue because of that pattern repeating itself with mounts is laughable, WvW has always been an imbalanced, low skilled, cheesefest where core concepts like risk vs reward have always been a joke.

@Sylosi.6503 said:

And?

I mean if this was an actual RvR game where the classes, mechanics, etc were all designed and balanced around WvW, then sure you'd have a point.

Problem is WvW was a side project tacked on by some devs looking through their rose tinted spectacles at DAoC. The classes, mechanics, etc were designed around sPvP, then nearly entirely balanced around sPvP until HoT, when they also started to design/balance for PvE raids.

WvW meanwhile has been nothing but a distant third in this regard the entire game and basically just gets the odd crumb, which even then is normally only aimed at large scale. Hence in WvW the classes/builds/mechanics have always been an imbalanced farce that were designed and balanced for the needs of other game modes. The notion that imbalance is suddenly an issue because of that pattern repeating itself with mounts is laughable, WvW has always been an imbalanced, low skilled, cheesefest where core concepts like risk vs reward have always been a joke.

And?

That's the whole point and why people are mad, balance has been left behind and more and more ridiculous things have and are being added.

Or are you suggesting because balance has not been looked hard enough for WvW that it should never be? Because that is all I can get from this post and that is just a ridiculous suggestion.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

And?

And?

That's the whole point and why people are mad, balance has been left behind and more and more ridiculous things have and are being added.

No, a handful of people are mad, because some of the imbalances they were fine with got changed to a different type of imbalance with mounts that they didn't like. Basically crocodile tears from people who don't genuinely give a toss about balance, risk vs reward, etc. ;)

@Sylosi.6503 said:

And?

And?

No, a handful of people are mad, because some of the imbalances they were fine with got changed to a different type of imbalance with mounts that they didn't like. Basically crocodile tears from people who don't genuinely give a toss about balance, risk vs reward, etc. ;)

Yep, this is pretty much as good a summary as I've seen of the entire mount kerfuffle, it all comes back to that inability to adapt . . .

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:Gankers are the ones you see 10-15 pull off from a zerg mounted up to chase one roamer, as roamers are the ones that are ganked the most as we are almost always alone or out numbered.

What then do you call the solo player with a combination of unbeatable build and very good play style that waits for solo roamers and then jumps out from hiding and kills them. I thought that was a ganker?

I see this in EBG a lot where there will be a guy hiding in the path from the garrison (keep.... whatever) to wherever the action is and sets up to repeatedly snare those individuals taking the fastest route back to eh action after they've been killed.

Also I thought that was the reason why ganker rhymes with w****r - because they are frustrating.

@Nol Fran Shee.1285 said:

@"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:Gankers are the ones you see 10-15 pull off from a zerg mounted up to chase one roamer, as roamers are the ones that are ganked the most as we are almost always alone or out numbered.

What then do you call the solo player with a combination of unbeatable build and very good play style that waits for solo roamers and then jumps out from hiding and kills them. I thought that was a ganker?

I see this in EBG a lot where there will be a guy hiding in the path from the garrison (keep.... whatever) to wherever the action is and sets up to repeatedly snare those individuals taking the fastest route back to eh action after they've been killed.

Also I thought that was the reason why ganker rhymes with w****r - because they are frustrating.

So you are upset that you got killed by someone in a PvP mode?

That doesn't make it ganking. Also, there are some annoying and over tuned builds, however I have yet to see a "unbeatable build", if you have one or know of one, please do share.

@Gop.8713 said:

And?

And?

Yep, this is pretty much as good a summary as I've seen of the entire mount kerfuffle, it all comes back to that inability to adapt . . .

post a video of you using crusader gear and celestial gear on a DD Tempest dismounting a player thats running away on a mount.

show me how you adapted. Show me that you can put your money where your mouth is and you'll have my credibility and silence on the subject.Ive asked about 8 users to do this for me, will you be the first?

until then, I believe immunity to soft and hard CC, 3 evades and 10k extra health is too much and severely imbalanced.

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

@TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:Gankers are the ones you see 10-15 pull off from a zerg mounted up to chase one roamer, as roamers are the ones that are ganked the most as we are almost always alone or out numbered.

So you are upset that you got killed by someone in a PvP mode?

That doesn't make it ganking.

True words.

The mount is the most the gamebreaking s..t ever implemented, no balance issue, no op build no nothing is just even close to this topic.

Btw. Second are all the lazy anti stealth (anti teef) implementations.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

And?

And?

post a video of you using crusader gear and celestial gear on a DD Tempest dismounting a player thats running away on a mount.

show me how you adapted. Show me that you can put your money where your mouth is and you'll have my credibility and silence on the subject.Ive asked about 8 users to do this for me, will you be the first?

until then, I believe immunity to soft and hard CC, 3 evades and 10k extra health is too much and severely imbalanced.

This exhibits some confusion about what adaptation is. When the rules everyone plays by change, adaptation is the ability to change with them, not the ability to obviate them. You don't need someone to show you how to use a DD Tempest with crusader and celestial gear to dismount a player, you need to adapt your perspective to accept that the game is not designed to allow a DD Tempest with crusader and celestial gear to dismount another player . . .

I don't have any videos of myself playing a video game bc to me that would be weird but I promise you I have never dismounted another player. I fight players who want to fight. If they would rather run, sometimes I chase them, and sometimes when they stop running I'll fight them there, and sometimes when they stop running I'll run instead, as circumstances dictate. Bc I can adapt to change . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

And?

And?

This exhibits some confusion about what adaptation is. When the rules everyone plays by change, adaptation is the ability to change with them, not the ability to obviate them. You don't need someone to show you how to use a DD Tempest with crusader and celestial gear to dismount a player, you need to adapt your perspective to accept that the game is not designed to allow a DD Tempest with crusader and celestial gear to dismount another player . . .

So by your own words... Tempest is not meant to dismount players... the heavily time gated gear thats essential to WvW is also useless in WvW because of the mount....

The mount which is a new addition that was added to the game that had no prior balancing for mounted combat over the course of 7 years....

And you're still going to say its balanced? Just "adapt" by not playing my favourite build and class in one of my favourite game modes.... Ya know, judging from server statuses lately and the recent drastic drop, I'd say most took that advice.

Do you understand why its not balanced or? do you understand the effects this has across the game mode?

eg:do you like to be one shot? because thats the only viable build for the most part due to the imbalance.the other option is balance, something that allows people to play bruiser builds and battle it out for a min or 2, not a second or 2.

need to look past face value and understand that balance is like an eco system or food chain, if you remove the flies the spiders will die, then the birds and so on.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

And?

And?

So by your own words... Tempest is not meant to dismount players... the heavily time gated gear thats essential to WvW is also useless in WvW because of the mount....

The mount which is a new addition that was added to the game that had no prior balancing for mounted combat over the course of 7 years....

And you're still going to say its balanced? Just "adapt" by not playing my favourite build and class in one of my favourite game modes.... Ya know, judging from server statuses lately and the recent drastic drop, I'd say most took that advice.

Do you understand why its not balanced or? do you understand the effects this has across the game mode?

eg:do you like to be one shot? because thats the only viable build for the most part due to the imbalance.the other option is balance, something that allows people to play bruiser builds and battle it out for a min or 2, not a second or 2.

need to look past face value and understand that balance is like an eco system or food chain, if you remove the flies the spiders will die, then the birds and so on.

WvW was never balanced around small encounters and never will be. How you choose to play the mode is entirely on you.

I do like the cheekiness of this post considering we all know that skill doesn't exist in game. Can I dismount people? Sure. Usually folks get away unless I'm close enough on a Soulbeast or happen to get lucky loading someone up with a kitten ton of conditions. At least 50% of the time I see folks trying to get away only to die horribly as they leap off a cliff or something.

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

And?

And?

WvW was never balanced around small encounters and never will be. How you choose to play the mode is entirely on you.

It was never balanced around mounts either and I agree completely, just waiting on that dismount skill.

@Loosmaster.8263 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

And?

And?

There is and has been lots of balance around small scale fighting in WvW, most if not all of the DPS builds people cry about are not viable in zerg play, including many of the Thief and mes builds that have been nerfed due to how over tuned they were (or cheese) in small scale. Sadly thief over all suffered hard due to the DE cheese and marked debuffs.

Also, before the dev team working on WvW was disbanded, there was serious talk about how to break up the blob, as well as make small scale more rewarding etc etc.

The problem is that some people favor one type of play over another, however those who enjoy zerg play want to act like small scale or 1vs1 is evil and should not exist, and they like to brush it off as nothing to worry about. That is not a healthy mindset for the players or game. While balance doesn't focus on 1vs1 fighting, it also does not fully focus on zerg play either, however adding something to the game that in large ways favors greater numbers (at whatever scale) and is one of the main factors for absolutely gutting roaming is a whole other issue altogether.

Those who enjoy zerg play enjoy it because it favors their game play and at this point have become spoiled to it.

When build templates come out (haha, I know right?), I wonder what the excuse will be for being killed by a roamer on a 1vs1 build, when at that point, all they would have had to do was click a button to load their 1vs1 build and then click it again once they get to their zerg to swap back. I am willing to bet it's going to expose even more of the skill gap between the two camps.