Mirage changes that have probably been suggested before,

Bast.7253

I couldn't find the balance changes suggestion thread so I'm just making this separate one, but do any mirages ever run the ability that lets you shadowstep to your enemy and shadowstep back?

Has anyone ever ran it or found it useful? I could understand if it were a bit shorter cast time, or no cast time like shadowstep for thieves, but as it stands now it just feels really clunky. It was somewhat interesting for the old axe/torch condi build running confusion on blind, but even then there were so many better options? And for power, you can't really set up your burst in the time it takes to cast the ability, and currently you either have to stealth and be close to them, or try to blink to them and waste blink. (Mirage Advance/Retreat)

I mean I know any potential buffs to mirage are probably going to be met with pitchforks, but the skill seems pretty clearly meant for competitive game modes as it has no use in pve outside of the pointless blind, but I don't think anyone runs it in competitive modes because it's just... not good. WvW maybe?

Also, and this is really not going to be popular, and the skill is technically used for condi builds in pve, but the skill that creates the aoe confusion (Crystal Sands) has always felt like it should have came with an ethereal combo field, even if just in pve.

I guess this might be better in the mirage specific thread, but wanted to hear feedback from the community specifically in regards to pvp. Of course it will be met with discontent, but it feels like some of the balance changes were meant to target "dominant" builds, but there are so many of these utility skills that are somewhat irrelevant due to their general skill design in nearly any game mode making it pretty much impossible to become part of a viable build. (Crystal Sands excluded as that's more of an aside. Though I don't really see anyone running Sand Through Glass either and it's an extra evade and mirror, so, 2 extra evades, though that could be largely in part because of the long animation putting you in a position disadvantage.)

But, I guess that applies to every class, and for that matter pretty much 80% of the ranger pets are never used either since Smokescale is pretty much superior and has been since Heart of Thorns.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:Buff mirage and mesmer all you want. So long as you remove staff scepter and chaos from ever becoming meta again.

Pfffft. Who even plays chaos. Real condi cancer is Illusions/Mirage/Dueling. Oh ooops. I spoiled potential incoming nerfs. So yea.. i guess delete chaos delete illusions delete staff scepter and.. just delete everythin we don't like mesmers. Chrono deleted it's time for mirage.

@Dave.6819 said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:Buff mirage and mesmer all you want. So long as you remove staff scepter and chaos from ever becoming meta again.

Pfffft. Who even plays chaos. Real condi cancer is Illusions/Mirage/Dueling. Oh ooops. I spoiled potential incoming nerfs. So yea.. i guess delete chaos delete illusions delete staff scepter and.. just delete everythin we don't like mesmers. Chrono deleted it's time for mirage.

Okay, first of. Stop being salty.

As you can see in my previous post along with my post history, I have no issue with Condi builds built to be Condi builds.

What I do have a problem with is people running around with permanent 10 boons. RNG aegis and daze from spreading field on a node.

By all means, one shot people. If you yourself also gets one shot.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:I couldn't find the balance changes suggestion thread so I'm just making this separate one, but do any mirages ever run the ability that lets you shadowstep to your enemy and shadowstep back?

Has anyone ever ran it or found it useful? I could understand if it were a bit shorter cast time, or no cast time like shadowstep for thieves, but as it stands now it just feels really clunky. It was somewhat interesting for the old axe/torch condi build running confusion on blind, but even then there were so many better options? And for power, you can't really set up your burst in the time it takes to cast the ability, and currently you either have to stealth and be close to them, or try to blink to them and waste blink. (Mirage Advance/Retreat)

I mean I know any potential buffs to mirage are probably going to be met with pitchforks, but the skill seems pretty clearly meant for competitive game modes as it has no use in pve outside of the pointless blind, but I don't think anyone runs it in competitive modes because it's just... not good. WvW maybe?

Also, and this is really not going to be popular, and the skill is technically used for condi builds in pve, but the skill that creates the aoe confusion (Crystal Sands) has always felt like it should have came with an ethereal combo field, even if just in pve.

I guess this might be better in the mirage specific thread, but wanted to hear feedback from the community specifically in regards to pvp. Of course it will be met with discontent, but it feels like some of the balance changes were meant to target "dominant" builds, but there are so many of these utility skills that are somewhat irrelevant due to their general skill design in nearly any game mode making it pretty much impossible to become part of a viable build. (Crystal Sands excluded as that's more of an aside. Though I don't really see anyone running Sand Through Glass either and it's an extra evade and mirror, so, 2 extra evades, though that could be largely in part because of the long animation putting you in a position disadvantage.)

But, I guess that applies to every class, and for that matter pretty much 80% of the ranger pets are never used either since Smokescale is pretty much superior and has been since Heart of Thorns.

Welcome to mesmer, where over 50% of abilities do nothing at the good of times or fight against you in some edge cases. Where random tp throws you throught the floor or the walls, instant cast evade sometimes doesnt trigger and is not insta at all, where only good condi clear sometimes bugs out and doesnt work. and almost every tool you have is a shitty version of a tool from another class.

When Mirage entered play it was the first time I ever was able to survive in a 1v1 fight in WvW. Prior to that my Mesmer was relegated to either back line support (using only the longest range Greatsword skill with little to no AoE for bag tagging) in a zerg or guard duty and siege ticking at a structure.

Also the clones, illusions, and whatnot never seem to fool anyone as to the location of the actual avatar. It's obvious why, they do not move like a real player. Maybe they should be literal mirror images and make the same moves as the player while facing the opponent so you can't just tell them apart. And on creation the called target marker gets lost.

And i'm salty? Look at your own words. Remove staff scepter chaos (in other words make it not viable) from meta?! We were already forced into this crappy condi play. Many mesmers hate playing condi. Tons of mesmer abilities are already so toned down it's not even funny. It's getting useless. I mean yea.. let's make GS + Sword/Torch meta again. But i'm sure ppl will QQ even more. when GS becomes meta. But it's not. It got toned down also. So.. idk.. all these posts about classes remind me of some kind of holocaust. "Let's kill that and that class but let my class be the elite and chosen one..." Well how about u have respect for other classes too.

@Dave.6819 said:

And i'm salty? Look at your own words. Remove staff scepter chaos (in other words make it not viable) from meta?! We were already forced into this crappy condi play. Many mesmers hate playing condi. Tons of mesmer abilities are already so toned down it's not even funny. It's getting useless. I mean yea.. let's make GS + Sword/Torch meta again. But i'm sure ppl will QQ even more. when GS becomes meta. But it's not. It got toned down also. So.. idk.. all these posts about classes remind me of some kind of holocaust. "Let's kill that and that class but let my class be the elite and chosen one..." Well how about u have respect for other classes too.

I don't know if you're purposely misreading what I'm trying to say. But I'll phrase myself under the assumption that you're not.

Mesmer currently is pidgeonholed into playing staff, scepter and X. Mirage can play with GS, but it's arguably weaker. I basically only queue with one other person, he has been playing power mirage since PoF got released. We are both sitting at p3 EU as we speak. (Me playing core guard. Not done "elite chosen one")

I'm all for buffing reactive weapon sets, with reactive traitlines. Making mesmer a fun class to play and to play against. This involves, dueling, illusion, domination and to a lesser degree, inspiration.Mesmer right now basically boils down to stacking boons in chaos storm, spawn illusions and dodge to trigger IH. Not very fun to play, not very fun to play against.

I have around 1.7k games on core mesmer from back before HoT release. That mesmer was fun to play and to play vs.

I'm sure most will agree that fighting something that runs two defensive weapon sets, and defensive traitlines aren't the most interesting thing in the world. You're allowed to have your opinion about this. Maybe you thrive in a bunker meta, but I don't.

In my original post I have you my opinion on the matter. Not some be all, and all type preaching.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

I don't know if you're purposely misreading what I'm trying to say. But I'll phrase myself under the assumption that you're not.

Mesmer currently is pidgeonholed into playing staff, scepter and X. Mirage can play with GS, but it's arguably weaker. I basically only queue with one other person, he has been playing power mirage since PoF got released. We are both sitting at p3 EU as we speak. (Me playing core guard. Not done "
elite chosen one
")

I'm all for buffing reactive weapon sets, with reactive traitlines. Making mesmer a fun class to play and to play against. This involves, dueling, illusion, domination and to a lesser degree, inspiration.Mesmer right now basically boils down to stacking boons in chaos storm, spawn illusions and dodge to trigger IH. Not very fun to play, not very fun to play against.

I have around 1.7k games on core mesmer from back before HoT release. That mesmer was fun to play and to play vs.

I'm sure most will agree that fighting something that runs two defensive weapon sets, and defensive traitlines aren't the most interesting thing in the world. You're allowed to have your opinion about this. Maybe you thrive in a bunker meta, but I don't.

In my original post I have you my opinion on the matter. Not some be all, and all type preaching.

Well then i misread you. I thought u r ordinary condi mirage hater. And what's funny is.. that i'm also a condi hater as a mesmer player. I just hate the fact that Anet pushed us into this condi meta. Even to this day i try to play gs + sword/torch like old times.. but it just feels too darn weak. HoT days and pre-HoT days were golden. But i remember even back in HoT days anet slowly started pushing for condi.. but we still had options. Sometimes i go for illusions/dueling/mirage but with Axe/Torch + Scepter/Pistol or even Sword/Pistol. Makes it abit more fun. But still... i hate this pidgeonhole that anet pushed us into. Power mesmer has to come back.. but i don't see how. And seeing all these haters that still are saying "nerf that nerf that" it makes me furious. We are already stuck in this stupid condi tunnel that we don't even enjoy... and still ppl asking to nerf us even more. Nerf us even more and class becomes useless and crippled with no builds viable. I'd say nerf us but bring back marauder/berserker mesmer back atleast.

@Dave.6819 said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

Mesmer currently is pidgeonholed into playing staff, scepter and X. Mirage can play with GS, but it's arguably weaker. I basically only queue with one other person, he has been playing power mirage since PoF got released. We are both sitting at p3 EU as we speak. (Me playing core guard. Not done "
elite chosen one
")

Well then i misread you. I thought u r ordinary condi mirage hater. And what's funny is.. that i'm also a condi hater as a mesmer player. I just hate the fact that Anet pushed us into this condi meta. Even to this day i try to play gs + sword/torch like old times.. but it just feels too darn weak. HoT days and pre-HoT days were golden. But i remember even back in HoT days anet slowly started pushing for condi.. but we still had options. Sometimes i go for illusions/dueling/mirage but with Axe/Torch + Scepter/Pistol or even Sword/Pistol. Makes it abit more fun. But still... i hate this pidgeonhole that anet pushed us into. Power mesmer has to come back.. but i don't see how. And seeing all these hater that still are saying "nerf that nerf that" it makes me furious. We are already stuck in this stupid condi tunnel that we don't even enjoy... and still ppl asking to nerf us even more. Nerf us even more and class becomes useless and crippled with no builds viable. I'd say nerf us but bring back marauder/berserker mesmer back atleast.

I'll send you a twitch VoD when I'm home.